TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this mornings "presser" saying we have nothing, I halfway expect an arrest by tonight. :)

but had to abort because things weren't going like normal. So it's worth looking at past video to see.

I think I get what you mean, MB was intended to have been murdered, perhaps in Austin but perp did not have an opportunity and on the 18th got their chance.

This is probably the most interesting avenue that has been mentioned in some twenty threads

I noticed for emphasis like in the large E by FL.

Why isn't the license plate number visible on that Nissan? It's very well lit. If it's been hidden by LE in the photo, why don't they look it up? Perhaps owner had one of those devices to block plate from camera, which is suspicious IMO.

I have some HD cameras and they can clearly get a license plate number in the day, but at night, it's nearly impossible as it becomes more grainy and any additional light makes it washed out which is what I think we're seeing on the license plate.

Police reported early on that a light colored car was recorded in the church parking lot, but it was impossible to make out the make, model, etc. I wonder if it was the same car.

I think so. jmo

Sure, but it's astonishing how many people don't follow the news and current events... especially young people.

Someone knows this killer too, unless he or she lives in a cave and has no family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc.

Most young people are on SM though. MPDs post about the car has already been shared over 500 times in the last 2 hours.

I disagree. I think it's stereotyping to say certain ethnicities are tall or short.

It's a matter of science. This is something that has been studied by the CDC for decades:
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=98438&page=1
Just going off of country data, if the perp was from Mexico (not unreasonable considering Texas is a border state and active cross-border drug smuggling happening in Ellis County) the average height there is 5' 4" for a male, which them going into the US doesn't make them taller. Aren't you stereotyping genders by saying one gender is tall and the other is comparatively short or is looking at different characteristics in determining average height not stereotyping?

I was hopeful that MPD would share more information, however I'm not surprised they didn't. I have mixed thoughts on what they know and what they don't know. For instance, several days ago it was released that they now have a detailed description of the perp on the video and at the briefing today they stated that they believe the perp is 5'2" - 5'7" and that the race and gender of the perp is unknown. Clearly that's not a detailed description. It can't be both, so one of the statements is false. I want to believe that they have zeroed in on one or two solid POI's or a suspect's and they are compiling evidence and waiting for forensic results on the evidence they already have. We have to remember that there are legalities involved and they do not want to compromise this case. All the agencies involved know that this case is being disected under a microscope and it's being openly discussed on the internet by people around the entire world. They do not want to screw this up. As far as I know there's never been a POI or suspect given to the public so basically nothing has changed except possibly the heigth of the perp.

Why isn't the license plate number visible on that Nissan? It's very well lit. If it's been hidden by LE in the photo, why don't they look it up? Perhaps owner had one of those devices to block plate from camera, which is suspicious IMO.

I have been wondering this myself...the photo of the car is relatively clear, and the license plate area seems well-lit, so I'm not sure why the plate is so blown out. Unless, as you said, it's somehow blocked (either by LE or by the driver).
This is the first case I have ever followed (and subsquently become borderline obsessed with) on WS and the presser today seemed to IMO "dangle a couple of carrots" but then again I'm not really sure if they were "carrots" or not? Maybe I'm reading far too much into it? Here's a car that's interesting....but the color is unknown and license plate and bumper sticker aren't readable...or so we are saying. Here's the perp's estimated height...only it's a range of 5" (which IMO is pretty huge). I'm not real familiar with the way LE normally does this, but I'm torn between they are doing this to make the perp feel comfortable/off-the-hook...or do they really just not know anything?
If the car really was not involved (and there's a good chance it could have been just an innocent passerby who stopped to answer a call or text, etc) then I feel like the person will come forward right away and that will be cleared up. I just wonder if LE will give an update if that happens?

I'm thinking LE wants someone close to turn in the person who owns that car. Whoever did this is dangerous and anyone with knowledge of who they think may have done this can also be convicted of a crime by not coming forward. It is a capital crime, and this person is clearly twisted. If you knew or suspected that someone you knew did this wouldn't you turn them in? Or would you be scared for your life and the life of your loved ones? What if the person who knows is so terrified that they can't come forward? Maybe they are being threatened?

I think I get what you mean, MB was intended to have been murdered, perhaps in Austin but perp did not have an opportunity and on the 18th got their chance.

This is probably the most interesting avenue that has been mentioned in some twenty threads

Add this to the fact that MB was moving the location of her class. I read that that was either her last class,or close to being her last class. But, someone stalking her could hae easily known this because of her Fb posts. jmo

:silly: :blushing:

Respectfully, I didn't claim that I was reading between the lines "correctly" nor that others should or did the same. Comments only turn to "rumor and grow feet" when others add to it. I just basically stated what the man said and didn't say; however, I know what you're saying. I assure you, I understand they aren't going to specifically state who or who isn't a suspect using exact words. I also get that they have to preserve the integrity of their case. They are very skilled at doing so while giving the little bit of info that they did.

I understand and I did not mean to imply your comment was a rumor. I just meant that when we read between the lines, one interprets it one way and another a different. People see an interpretation of someones "reading between the lines" repeated as facts. In a lot of instances it turns out incorrect. I have seen it all over these threads. I have seen CT or BB called suspects over and over... or that BB and RB have been cleared. Neither of which are true. They def were POI but at this time none of them are suspects, But lol no one has been cleared.

What I meant by CT being included in that "friends group" is because she was orig listed in those orig POI. To say she does not apply in family, friends or co worker category implies she is still being considered but no one else is. I personally see her to be included in with all the rest of those in the prev documents. No longer a POI but no one is cleared as being the suspect. They dont have a suspect yet.

I re-watched the LE press conference. Chief Johnson said that close family, friends, and co-workers start as POIs and can go from that to become a suspect. He said no one is a suspect. To me, that reads, no one is a suspect but they are still POIs. Does anyone agree?

100% yes. JMO.

JMO I don't know if it was the CT rumors that the officer was referring to which he felt 30 hours of time was wasted. BUT if it was, I am remembering that grandma's second letter to the perp all but NAMED CT. Tricias first two guests on this case practically named her. The SW named her as a targeted phone owner, and numerous rumors swirled. BB even went from thinking "random" to "targeted".................so, if that was who the officer was speaking about, we can hardly be blamed for wasting their time. OK, so she, along with everyone else named in the media about this case, is not a suspect. The financial and marital adventures were specifically published in the SW. Affiant could have asked the judge to seal it or redact the dirty laundry aired in it. Now I'm curious if BB still thinks Missy was targeted, and why. And I'd be curious to see who the next person is that grandma writes a letter to. JMO

I don't think LE is referring to WS or WS members when he references Social Media, therefore I don't think believes WE are wasting LE time.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. I really hope LE has at least thought to look into this angle - if they haven't, the video has likely been recorded over by now.

Even if the theory is wrong, verifying no suspicious cars or persons at the church/store in the days before will at least help to steer them more toward the random burglary angle.

"Adult height between ethnic groups often differs significantly and the average height for each sex within a countries [sic] population is significantly different, with adult males being (on average) taller than adult females."

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-chart.shtml

I do agree that males (on average) are taller than females. However, I respectfully, question this source. My husband is Jewish and we live in a very Jewish area of the country. Most of the Jewish men I know are 5'10" and taller - quite opposite of the stereotype many people have that "Jewish men are short." Plus, the range given for the perp (5'2" to 5'7" is quite broad in my opinion). I just think it's a bad idea to start deciding the perp is a certain "ethnicity" - what if we knew the perp had a big nose? Would we then say - certain ethnicities have big noses? And then start saying the perp must by x ethnicity? Plus, here's a link that counters the ethnicity/height correlation. http://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/ethnic-groups-and-height
I post the link just to point out that there is debate w/in scientific the community about a lot of topics, and this appears to be one as well.
Plus, for MB's case, even LE is just saying the perp is "light-skinned" - that's pretty vague. Think of how many "ethnicities" have light skin. I think we need to focus on evidence of car, relationships, etc. Not enough to go on w/ physical characteristics at this point. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong