TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this has been discussed already. I noticed on one of the maps of the church (I think from NG) the two doors that were broken into by perp were on the side of the church away from the carport and the main entrance. Ie these entrances would not have been seen by MB upon entering. That tells me the perp targeted missy and knew which doors she would use or else got extremely lucky in busting doors that she would not have seen. Did anyone else notice this?

Or perhaps he chose that door so as to avoid anyone driving by from seeing him break in ?

IMO, not according to what the article states. However, I believe LE knows exactly who the killer is, but they need to play their cards right in order to nail the perp. It is sort of like poker, and they are strategically releasing bits of information. If they went straight to the perp, they would lawyer up and get nothing (if they reveal their cards). Do you follow me?

http://cw33.com/2016/05/20/new-leads-in-missy-bevers-murder-investigation/

It was on the side of the building so I guess someone driving by would have the possibility of seeing the perp. For example, perp did not hack at doors only in the back of the building to avoid detection. Missy would have entered to the side or front. And busted doors were on the other side (not the back) I believe. All JMO

Not sure why my post got deleted...nothing was breaking any rules

LE previously stated that they had video of a car using the camera from the gun shop but the car was too far away that they were not comfortable even releasing an idea about make and model. Now they have video that's close up. I think they are talking about two different clips of video - one of a car in the church parking lot shot by the gun shop and one in the gun shop parking lot shot by the gun shop. Could be two different cars or the same car shot two times in two different locations. Maybe they saw the car in the church parking lot initially and when leads did not pan out they watched further back on the tape. All JMO

That original car, the one Le didn't feel comfortable guessing about a make or model, did they ever say it was silver in color ? TIA to anyone who knows.

Okay, so hubs & I just went by the SWFA store to get photos of the cameras.

Y'all....the cameras are EVERYWHERE! It's crazy how many there are. There are cameras in so many places I probably missed most of them. There is no way that a car could drive into that parking lot without capturing footage of every single section of that car. FWIW, Hubs says that it would be impossible to drive through a single square inch of the parking lot without your license plate, and every dent, ding and scratch being identifiable.

One camera captures the front of every car that pulls into the parking lot. And probably traffic on 287 too since it faces that way. There is one way in and one way out of that parking lot.

We drove by mostly because I was curious as to why they chose to release that particular photo of the car. Maybe it's because of the sticker but there were 30+ (hubs says that's his estimate but it's probably low) cameras so I guess we are surprised they don't have a better photo to release of the back of the car. Looking at the cameras and parking lot, well I guess you could say I'm a bit confused. That is seriously the best photo they have? Ummm.....okay.

Tapatalk won't let me post the photos without signing up for something but I will post them later when I get home. They aren't that great so don't sit on the edge of your seat or anything . I didn't get out of the truck. ;)

Creekside was hard to drive by....definitely hit me more than I expected. :(

We did drive by Whataburger but we didn't see any cameras except the one on the drive thru which isn't anywhere close to 287.

Anyway, just wanted to share what I saw with y'all. All IMO.

Sent from my iPhone/Tapatalk

Question: does CT drive a sliver Nissan Altima? Jmo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was on the side of the building so I guess someone driving by would have the possibility of seeing the perp. For example, perp did not hack at doors only in the back of the building to avoid detection. Missy would have entered to the side or front. And busted doors were on the other side (not the back) I believe. All JMO

Yep, I see what you're saying.

My guess? (sure, why not!) Because the "suspect they are watching" could also be watching it in live time. And while under pressure to give up "something," they still wanted to have control or see the suspects reaction would be? If you had a suspect in mind, wouldn't it be incredible to see them run out to their garage and drive off in a Nissan Ultima with an oval sticker on the back bumper??? (Nah, it couldn't be that simple, could it?)

i thought earlier that someone mentioned that the only way you could watch it live was to log in to a news site. This could give the LE your (the killer's) IP address.
JMO

Treelights, I see you posted about the linkedin message too, while we were live posting the presser. Glad to know I didn't misrepresent. I wonder why they cut it from the video? Probably nothing...

:notgood: Ohhhhh, no. It's never nothing. It's something. I think it's VERY something if it was edited out. Two of you cannot have heard that out of the blue. :thinking: new mystery

Good evening everyone and happy weekend!

Regarding this vehicle of interest at SWFA, is there any possibility this could be a potential getaway vehicle? I can figure no obvious reason why this Altima is parked in the back of this business, near the dumpster wall and running at 2:00am. Could this vehicle have been the killers transportation to and from the crime scene? I just don't get the feeling a lot of folks are wandering around Midlothian at 2:00am without purpose.

Aren't there also traffic cameras on this road? Are they in both directions or only if you go one way?

Y'all....the cameras are EVERYWHERE! It's crazy how many there are. There are cameras in so many places I probably missed most of them. There is no way that a car could drive into that parking lot without capturing footage of every single section of that car. FWIW, Hubs says that it would be impossible to drive through a single square inch of the parking lot without your license plate, and every dent, ding and scratch being identifiable.

One camera captures the front of every car that pulls into the parking lot. And probably traffic on 287 too since it faces that way. There is one way in and one way out of that parking lot.

We drove by mostly because I was curious as to why they chose to release that particular photo of the car. Maybe it's because of the sticker but there were 30+ (hubs says that's his estimate but it's probably low) cameras so I guess we are surprised they don't have a better photo to release of the back of the car. Looking at the cameras and parking lot, well I guess you could say I'm a bit confused. That is seriously the best photo they have? Ummm.....okay.

Tapatalk won't let me post the photos without signing up for something but I will post them later when I get home. They aren't that great so don't sit on the edge of your seat or anything . I didn't get out of the truck. ;)

We did drive by Whataburger but we didn't see any cameras except the one on the drive thru which isn't anywhere close to 287.

Wow.

I might be on board with the idea that LE knows the license plate/who owns the car already. Remember during the press conference how the officer made a point to mention how the rain made it hard to see? Maybe that was a calculated comment to throw off the perp, make them think the cops don't know as much as they do?

Good to know! And that further explains the store looking at the video before knowing about the murder....they are equipped to notice anyone scooping out the place.

Thanks for your on-the-ground info. :)

Regarding this vehicle of interest at SWFA, is there any possibility this could be a potential getaway vehicle? I can figure no obvious reason why this Altima is parked in the back of this business, near the dumpster wall and running at 2:00am. Could this vehicle been the killers transportation to and from the crime scene? I just don't get the feeling a lot of folks are wandering around Midlothian at 2:00am without purpose.

I thought about that too initially but there are cameras everywhere at the gun shop and according to another poster who went there tonight they are very visible. Why would they park there? I hope they were that stupid but who knows? I hope this car picture is the lead they need - if it isn't the killer maybe they saw something that could be useful to solving the case.

From what I can tell, releasing the car picture doesn't really help much. It's a silver Nissan with an illegible (to us) license plate and some kind of dark sticker. From what texasgirl (I think) said, there are cameras everywhere and they'd likely have more/better pictures. I'm thinking LE knows who the car belongs to at this point, knows that it's unrelated and isn't worried about releasing it to the public because what are we really going to glean from it? I imagine there are enough silver nissan's out there to keep "us" busy sleuthing for a while.

IMO, the car pic is a bone LE is throwing us to chew on while they get their stuff together on a different front; a misdirection if you will. Hoping that means they're closer to an arrest than they present.

Regarding this vehicle of interest at SWFA, is there any possibility this could be a potential getaway vehicle? I can figure no obvious reason why this Altima is parked in the back of this business, near the dumpster wall and running at 2:00am. Could this vehicle been the killers transportation to and from the crime scene? I just don't get the feeling a lot of folks are wandering around Midlothian at 2:00am without purpose.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I am behind. They said it pulled in at 2 am and left a few minutes later. That makes me wonder why they would think that car is involved when the killer wasn't caught on tape until over an hour later. Also, can the locals tell us if this is a busy road at night? IMO I would think they'd be asking for other cars that passed by closer to the time he/she is on the video to come forward with anything they might have seen. Even if they are sure the car they mentioned is involved, it would seem much more vague to ask for 3 or 4 specific cars that passed by to come forward and give the killer more of a sense they don't know who it is. JMO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member