TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100% with Teatime's post.
In my city, a BOLO would be issued and perp caught. Solved.
The strategy behind how LE is handling this case fascinates me and is impressive, IMO, as it resonates that there is much more to this crime that MAY meet the eye...
Instead of just issuing a BOLO or being straight forward with this murder case, they choose to handle it this way (bits, pieces, more external LE, etc).
Does anyone else have a theory of why they would go about a case in this manner, as opposed to other ways?
Just curious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, IMHO every case is different and driven by evidence. Why issue a BOLO (be on the look out) if you cannot be VERY specific. For example, BOLO's are issued in an amber alert, when vehicle specifics are known. Here we have a vehicle that may or may not have anything to do with MB or Creekside Church. LE is being cautious and not making any (even if logical) ASSumptions.

Good afternoon everyone! Happy Saturday!

Here is another cooked up curve ball regarding this allusive Altima. Perhaps this vehicle is not local, the decal is a Baltimore Ravens logo and perhaps the driver is...lost. He/she pulls into the back of SWFA and quickly realizes they are at the incorrect location. He/she rechecks their map or gps inputs and quickly gets back on their way.

I also have have a question. I think I read earlier that SWFA new of this vehicle video almost on day one. Did they advise LE then? If so, why is LE just now releasing it. Things that make me say hmmm...

Do you have a link for her face and chest being destroyed? Because I haven’t seen anything to that effect.

No, perhaps I extrapolated a little too much from 'multiple puncture wounds' of the head and chest, and the video of what appears to be a hammer in the perps hand. Many on here have thought that that description could also refer to gunshot wounds, so who knows? But also, the fact that they funeral was closed casket led me to believe that her face was not in good shape. Not to mention, I really don't think I need to provide a LINK to express my opinion. But of course THAT is just my opinion as well...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqkY7BmnIEkrSAlxXTiaLig/videos

This is a link for SWFA's youtube channel. Check out just what their cameras' can pick up. See the "counting money" one where the camera zooms in to watch a man in his truck counting money. And the one where they can zoom out and refocus across the highway to watch a coyote running in the field. They even catch a vehicle going the wrong way on the divided highway. It's amazing!

There in the top left is Creekside church! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8otfKXGMgQ

Good afternoon everyone! Happy Saturday!

Here is another cooked up curve ball regarding this allusive Altima. Perhaps this vehicle is not local, the decal is a Baltimore Ravens logo and perhaps the driver is...lost. He/she pulls into the back of SWFA and quickly realizes they are at the incorrect location. He/she rechecks thier map or gps inputs and quickly gets back on their way.

I also have have a question. I think I read earlier that SWFA new of this vehicle video almost on day one. Did they advise LE then? If so, why is LE just now releasing it. Things that make me say hmmm...

Regarding the question- maybe priorities. Likely more important to get cell phone forensics, data that can possibly be deleted, footage details about SP and then branch out to the outside. Working inward and then outward.... Maybe.

BatBrat - love your schematics! Perhaps you could do a horizon point, using the door opening, minus the frame (which I think is a 2 inch metal frame BTW) and then place the 5'6", etc height in perspective?

Hi y'all! :)

I just wanted to share the photos I took at SWFA yesterday. I wish I had gotten more but I was feeling a little uneasy about being there to be honest. I knew that we were on multiple cameras the entire time we circled the building. I took these just to show y'all that the photo of the Altima was probably captured by the flag pole camera. The flag pole camera (see close up photo in post #628) faces the entrance and captures every vehicle that pulls in as well as capturing it as it pulls out. We do think that the photo MPD released was taken by this camera. It has a rain shield and hubs calls it a "license plate reader" (like those we have at our toll areas in DFW). FWIW, he calls it a license plate reader because he found one online that looks just like it. He does NOT know that for sure so this is in HOO. Hubs opinion only. ;) What isn't an opinion and should be taken as fact....is that there are so many cameras everywhere that I couldn't even count them as we drove through. Someone asked last night and I wasn't able to answer---but NO, we could not tell at all if any of them were dummy cameras. We aren't sure.

We drove through the parking lot and made a circle by going all the way around the building. There are no other entrances or exits other than the one caught on the flag pole camera. The entrance/exit is the same. As we drove around the building, we noticed cameras on every light pole as well as on the building all the way around. We also noticed that the covered sidewalk area (the area where the doors go into the building) has the dome cameras capturing the sidewalk areas as well as cameras on both sides of the doors when you enter and exit. The building is very large so it didn't seem crazy that they had this many cameras...but it was much larger than I expected when I had seen it before. We would guesstimate that you would seen on no less than 5-6 cameras just driving in and out and it's hard to say how many just driving around---probably quite a few and possibly more than 5 or 6.

**Also, if anyone from SWFA happens to read this--thank you for letting us drive through your parking lot yesterday. The big black truck with a college football emblem was us and we were only there for curiosity sake and not to case the joint. Promise. ;)

texasgirl2, look what their cameras' can capture! They knew you were there when you drove in. They could see what kind of camera you were using. Thank you for your photos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqkY7BmnIEkrSAlxXTiaLig/videos

I didn't see anything listed that had been stolen-wouldn't a burglar be grabbing/piling things to take to vehicle? They likely came across a computer or two, some electronics of value, etc, in all that time moseying around-and wouldn't someone who wanted to get in/get out grab some valuables move with a little more speed? Anything is possible, maybe they were just looking for something specific (box of cash/jewels, who knows?!?), and when they didn't find it they decided to spend a few minutes bludgeoning someone to death before leaving. Seems a bit extreme for someone breaking in with no specific goal in mind, imho.

How do you know he wasn’t grabbing and piling things to take to a vehicle? He would have had at least 20 minutes to do that (from 4:00AM to 4:20AM). Why should he in a hurry, if he didn’t know she was coming? He probably thought he had hours, before anyone would arrive, or like you said, maybe he was looking for something specific, and didn’t find it.

I think this case has melted my brain at this point...some of the theories I'm reading are really out there.

I'm with you on that. But one thing WS has helped me with is opening my mind and training my brain. Even though I'm tempted to roll my eyes whenever reading posts that read like a bad TV show plot, I think every post should be considered, even if not equally. It helps me learn how to sift through all sorts of scenarios, and draw my own conclusions about the stuff that makes more sense or less sense.

Quick question about the car. I apologize if I'm asking stupid questions! Is the gun store right across a two-lane street from the church? Our poster earlier said there is one way in and out of the gun store parking lot. Is that also true of the church? This may mean nothing but I only ask because if I'm driving and need a quick place to pull in and out of in order to check my phone, etc., I will look for a circular drive or wide open parking lot -- something easy. So why pull into the gun store parking lot and not the church? My first thought was that maybe the car specifically avoided the church parking lot so as not to be potentially seen there (since driver already had plans re church?). I could be way off on my geography, but I just think I'd choose the church parking lot over the gun store if I were truly just pulling over to make a call or retrieve a dropped item. So, just wondering... all moo.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Yes they both have one drive... go to goole link in this post and zoom in on church for that view Drive of SWFA ETA..... The Nissian Altima had to have passed the Creekside Church of Christ, no matter where it came from going down Hsy 287... JMHO looking at the Google map.
SWFA Outdoor Store Google 1.jpg

SWFA Outdoor Store Google 3.jpg

Interestingly, the only cut across is at Creekside Church and past the SWFA Outdoor Store... (divided highway going either direction) Cross circled in blue https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...69ea29f7add587!2m2!1d-96.9240772!2d32.4466847SWFA Outdoor Store Google 4.JPG

BatBrat - love your schematics! Perhaps you could do a horizon point, using the door opening, minus the frame (which I think is a 2 inch metal frame BTW) and then place the 5'6", etc height in perspective?

I'll try to put something like that together. Perspective and lens distortion are a definite issue with this footage, as the cameras point downward (the action is below the horizon line), and wide-angle lenses are used.

Thanks for the suggesion!

Well, IMHO every case is different and driven by evidence. Why issue a BOLO (be on the look out) if you cannot be VERY specific. For example, BOLO's are issued in an amber alert, when vehicle specifics are known. Here we have a vehicle that may or may not have anything to do with MB or Creekside Church. LE is being cautious and not making any (even if logical) ASSumptions.

Good observation. [emoji5]
I guess I'm wondering why they are handling it the way they are. Obviously that's the million dollar question.
I live in a high crime large city. While I follow many crimes in other US cities where LE handles it in this manner, the last thing my city does is press conferences, news media with SW, etc, ... And midlothian is a small town!
My brain is fried and I'm thinking out loud. And I'm not patient. [emoji12]

The highway in that section is 4 lanes (2 each direction) with a grassy median. This gun store is past the church, which is on the other side of the highway. The car had to be going south (not sure if it's 'exactly' "south", but just for reference) and it had to have exited the gun store driveway continuing in that direction. If it took a u-turn down the highway a bit, it seems as if the gun store's cameras would have caught it shortly afterwards going 'north'.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...69ea29f7add587!8m2!3d32.4466847!4d-96.9240772
Thanks so much for the clarification.

I'm not very patient with these kinds of matters either. We can speculate and often be correct but LE has to follow the letter of the law with proof and proper policy and procedures followed or can lose the SP on some technicality. I hear you though, pibblepal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't say destroyed or specifically face.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/136387116-story

You're right, it didn't specifically say 'face', but the use of the word 'chest' indicates that it was a frontal attack, and the front of the head is the FACE. Just to clarify, my posts are MOO, and that is what I gleaned from the discussions here and from what LE has said. I also remember a lot of discussion here, many threads ago, that the perp may have been sitting on MB during the attack, and if that is the case, the wounds would have been to the face and not the back of the head, IMO, unless the perp was a contortionist or had arms that are 8 feet long.

I'm with you on that. But one thing WS has helped me with is opening my mind and training my brain. Even though I'm tempted to roll my eyes whenever reading posts that read like a bad TV show plot, I think every post should be considered, even if not equally. It helps me learn how to sift through all sorts of scenarios, and draw my own conclusions about the stuff that makes more sense or less sense.

Very true! I've performed many eye rolls on theories on this particular case. But in the end, maybe one piece of what I feel is a crazy theory may fit in an overall scheme of things.
Maybe multiple puncture wounds ends up being a few gunshots, and not an actual hate/person crime like I assume.
Maybe they just wanted her dead.
Heartbreaking all around!
I want Hotch to approach the mic and say, We are looking for a white female outcast, with family problems, lives in the area and has pink hair.

Yes they both have one drive... go to goole link in this post and zoom in on church for that view Drive of SWFA ETA..... The Nissian Altima had to have passed the Creekside Church of Christ, no matter where it came from going down Hsy 287... JMHO looking at the Google map.
View attachment 95006

View attachment 95007

Interestingly, the only cut across is at Creekside Church and past the SWFA Outdoor Store... (divided highway going either direction) Cross circled in blue https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...69ea29f7add587!2m2!1d-96.9240772!2d32.4466847View attachment 95008
Oooh, that is interesting. Thank you. Now I see how wide the gun store driveway is. It would be easy to just pull over and then keep going. I wondered about the cross-overs too. Since it is so far down the road, it seems odd police would ask about the car if there weren't at least a decent chance it's related. My opinion only, of course.

I'd love to see cattlekate's visual analysis. I tried to make my numbers squeeze into LE's estimate, but couldn't make that work - unless the door installations are under 80" including frame (6'2 opening?):

attachment.php

I love your analysis and I am positive your way smarter than me on those figures. So bear with me. JMHO, since the camera's are at a height above the suspect, and at various angles, I don't think you can go by your lines measuring as if flat footed. I am sure I am not explaining what I mean correctly. But the MPD probaby did as you did for their orig guess estimate ... But being there in person I sure it looks different standing on the floor next to the doors. Straight above looking down, you do not get the correct visual height. JMHO

** think like Google as you zoom in.. it looks completely different when you get it to a flat street view. What it the height placement of the signs on ea side of the wall in that Dutch door area. I am 5'5 and I would say from other signs like that in churches/building like I have seen they are not over my head. More of right at my eyes height. JMHO

After reviewing all of the camera abilities SWFA has, I am inclined to believe this vehicle video was released for the benefit of LE and nothing more. The plates could be stolen and they are having difficulty locating the owner (I believe also it isn't a local) so they have decided to apply gentle pressure on someone/anyone by using this release.

You're right, it didn't specifically say 'face', but the use of the word 'chest' indicates that it was a frontal attack, and the front of the head is the FACE. Just to clarify, my posts are MOO, and that is what I gleaned from the discussions here and from what LE has said. I also remember a lot of discussion here, many threads ago, that the perp may have been sitting on MB during the attack, and if that is the case, the wounds would have been to the face and not the back of the head, IMO, unless the perp was a contortionist or had arms that are 8 feet long.

I agree you are probably right and that there was most likely face damage. My personal opinion is targeted and personal and damage to head and chest is a significant clue. IMO

However, I was just answering the poster's question and providing the link and factual info so rumors don't spread. They seem to like links, facts, and opinions clearly marked in this forum. :)

Off to take a little break and spend time with my dd. Have a great day sluethers and don't take things personally. It's all about Missy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth