TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think is that it is odd that instead of narrowing down the height, LE broadened it? However, by moving it one inch they eliminated some people on the warrant list, for example CW is said to be 5'8". Does anyone think that it was intentional to put more pressure on someone (whether on that list or not?) Why not keep the original estimate of 5'8" and just expand the lower range? Why throw out the original estimate when it is a pretty big range anyway? Any thoughts? Also the lighter skin tone eliminated a person on that list too. Just thinking it might have been strategic.

New estimate:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-search-for-vehicle-of-interest-in-texas-church-murder/

Johnson said that through forensic video reconstruction police have determined the suspect stands somewhere between 5'2" and 5'7" and appears to have a light skin tone.

Original estimate:

“Investigators have been able to estimate the height of the suspect being approximately 5’08 – 5’09 tall. Investigators believe that someone still has information or may recognize the suspect in this case.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

I think we can safely assume that perp entered church already dressed in gear since they would not know what to expect and would need to already be in disguise in case there were cameras.
Perp would have been covered in blood most likely, did they change in a room and put the perp disguise in a bag and leave with it?
Or did they immediately leave and change elsewhere?
Where is a good place to dump the bloody disguise which would also have perp DNA inside of it?
Would perp keep the bloody disguise until the coast was clear?
Is it possible perp or someone in perp family used part of this disguise on Halloween in past years? If so, close family should check out their Halloween disguise stash to see if this costume is still there or is missing.
The perp vehicle must have Missy's DNA in it, even a trace or am I assuming too much?
I don't think an actual LE officer would use their own uniform, too obvious
Where did perp put the disguise after the murder? Where did they get it from?

If wanted to dispose of something that I never wanted found, I would throw it in a lake or a river. I think Lake Arlington or Joe Poole Lake are not far from Midlothian. Locals, please correct me if I'm wrong. Either would be very deep with all the rain we have had. Also the Trinity River is not all that far away either. It would have been running swiftly if not at all out flood level at the time of Missy's death.

Speaking hypothetically, if I was a burglar about to break in I'd be worried about possible cameras in the parking lot catching my car number plate & a burglar alarm going off after I break in. Luckily for him these 2 things were either not working or there at all. If he had gone to the effort of putting together a fake SWAT outfit I'm sure he would have thought about these details. How did he know these were not working? It's rare for any building left unattended at night not to be alarmed. Is Midlothian such a safe area that businesses & homes are not alarmed?

I don't know. But correct me if I'm mistaken......I am understanding that cameras did not pick up Missy driving in, nor any of the campers. My understanding is that Missy was first seen when she entered the church at the front. THAT camera was activated. JMO

Could the wide height range of SP suggest that there are 2 people involved?
LE also mentioned a passenger in their press conference 5/20... Not that there necessary was one, but they said something to the effect of the owner of car and/or their passenger were not suspects.
Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
Link please. And Explain more. Thanks.

Yesterday, 09:58 PM#927 ludakristen http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-20&p=12577885#post12577885 I'm not going to dig up the links for you, but in an early press conference, LE stated that a car was caught on video in the church parking lot; however, they were not comfortable sharing info (make/model) with the public.

In yesterday's press conference, LE described the Nissan Altima and asked for the public's help identifying the vehicle, owner or driver.

LE did not say they were the same vehicle. They did not say they were not the same vehicle. People here in this thread have deduced of their own accord that it is likely the same vehicle, but that is not a fact stated by LE.

While I agree with you post, in more ways than one ;) Just wanted to find the link other than the Dailymail (which I agree with another Member sometimes they do have more info, or correct info than some other MSM) I was trying to find if the MPD stated where the surveillance camera was located that captured this frame of video.

Honestly, I can not find where Asst Chief Johnson stated the camera was that captured that frame with car in distance, just that they have that. JMHO, the surveillance camera that video came from was from the same video source that the MPD used to make the following entry in their Timeline : *sidenote, this also incorrectly states MB seen at 420 am entering church, yet every other reference, even from the press conf on Monday April 18, stated 4:18. Many discrepancies in times.

Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. - Mrs. Bevers' pick up truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523292#post12523292

(Published Tuesday, April 19, 2016)
Johnson said a vehicle can be seen on the video may belong to the killer, but there's not enough information to give the public. "There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

JMHO, especially after looking at the SWFA camera capabilities that a member :)facepalm: sorry I forget who) posted on last thread, I believe that is where MPD got the information that MB entered the church parking lot at a timestamped time and also could be where they saw the other vehicle. Whether they are the same vehicle, I have no idea. If it came from a video, one would assume that they could tell how long the vehicle was "parked" there. *Where ever the video came from, they know what time the veh was there.

And possibly all the vehicles that came and went from that driveway from 4:16 a.m. on :thinking: JMHO

Also, it looks to me studying the google map that a car could have easily been parked near the kitchen of the church and the gun shop cameras wouldn't catch it and neither would Missy or the campers. I'm confident that all parked as close to the awning as possible. JMO......no where near the other side of the church. JMO

Excellent point. I strongly feel the perp drived there. Wouldn't be suprised if they were literally parked by the door. I do think they were likely out of there before anyone else arrived.

MrsPC said:
(from thread 20, page 61, post#912) I'm just curious how law enforcement were able to determine the approx year, color & make of the vehicle. From the photo it certainly isn't that clear. And if they have a better/clearer image - why did they not release that to the public. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=95020&d=1463884958
Thanks to everyone for their opinons on the vehicle, especially MrsPC, arkansasmimi and degenerate32. The photo is another optical illusion, and based on your better eyes, I was able to *blink* and the wall I saw became the Hwy 287. It does look like the Altima is across the lanes of the gun store side of 287, with headlights on the grassy depression median, with the other lanes beyond that. The right front wheel is slightly turned to right. I changed my opinion about the reflection in the interior - it does look like an inlaid dashboard GPS or a smart phone held sideways? Overall impression is that maybe the driver was lost, thought they could maybe drive straight to turn left, saw the impassable depressed median and realized they had to turn right only? (Left (north) would lead back to CoC?) I think it was poster Gae (Thanks!) whose family thought the oval sticker looked like a Harley Davidson skull type - I agree on the Harley Davidson type sticker, eyes not good enough to see skull; but there are 100s of HD stickers, many with a shield, circle or oval shape, with those HD block letters set rectangularly across. JMO

Does anyone think is that it is odd that instead of narrowing down the height, LE broadened it? However, by moving it one inch they eliminated some people on the warrant list, for example CW is said to be 5'8". Does anyone think that it was intentional to put more pressure on someone (whether on that list or not?) Why not keep the original estimate of 5'8" and just expand the lower range? Why throw out the original estimate when it is a pretty big range anyway? Any thoughts? Also the lighter skin tone eliminated a person on that list too. Just thinking it might have been strategic.

New estimate:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-search-for-vehicle-of-interest-in-texas-church-murder/

Johnson said that through forensic video reconstruction police have determined the suspect stands somewhere between 5'2" and 5'7" and appears to have a light skin tone.

Original estimate:

“Investigators have been able to estimate the height of the suspect being approximately 5’08 – 5’09 tall. Investigators believe that someone still has information or may recognize the suspect in this case.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

I think this is an excellent observation. I think it was strategic and I think it eliminates some people without flat out saying so. Also the comment about a light skinned person eliminated another trainer on the warrant as swatperp as you mentioned. Again, I think they are confident in who this is and confident in their experts to release that bc if they turn out wrong, a defense attorney could have a field day if the actual perp is taller than 5'7.

HI everyone, thank you mods for the new thread. Hopefully we will see an arrest sometime soon. I really do believe they are close. I think LE has done a great job so far and IMO are being advised by the fbi and Texas Rangers on how to handle their media statements, what info to release, etc. I think they have a good idea who did this but want to make sure they have all their ducks in a row and want others who may know this person to come forward so they can use that in an attempt at a confession or at trial, etc before either arresting the person or trying to interrogate them for the first time or maybe they have already interrogated this person and plan on doing so again one more time in an attempt for a confession. Again this is JMO. I have no clue who did this. I do strongly think it's a woman who acted alone. My mom doesn't follow crimes in the news but when I mentioned this case she must have seen the video on one of the national morning shows bc she immediately said "is that the one where a woman dressed up like a swat team member and then killed that sweet mother in the church." I said "yes but we don't know if it's a woman or man." She said "oh that's a woman, I could tell it was from watching it and I only saw it once. When I saw it the first thing that crossed my mind was that's a woman."

Also, and ttfwiw, but my husband is LE and military and I showed him the videos again after he asked me why I'm glued to the iPad, he again told me that he thinks it's a woman and that some of the video of swatperp standing in certain ways and other stuff that has been released makes him think swat perp has military background. I asked him to elaborate but he said that explaining why he thought swat perp showed some movements or body positions that reminded him of military would be too hard to explain and that other military people might pick up on it. no clue what he means by that but I thought I read another member mention something like that so maybe if they see this they can chime in.

Regardless, I hope this thread brings the arrest of the person responsible for this horrific murder and I hope missy and her family,friends and Ioved ones get whatever earthly justice is allowed under the law in Texas in regards to this crime and the circumstances.

Respectfully BBM, I agree. In the Beverly Carter case, the Sheriff in their Press Conf after Arron Lewis was arrested... "We are not looking for any more Suspects". It was a factual statement. They were not looking for anyone else. They had AL and were watching his wife, Crystal Lowery and got their ducks in a row and exactly 1 month later arrested her too. Every word they say is for a reason. We have no idea, yet , what the reason is. To read more into it is just messing with your mind at this point JMHO

WOW. If Missy pulling in was captured by the gun shop cameras, then so was everybody else! If perp had a car, it must have been caught on camera?.....pulling IN to the church? And OUT......Unless the camera angle was such that it only captured the south side of church and not the entrance from the highway. JMO

Thank you for the new thread.

Our allegiance to the pursuit of #JusticeForMissy and the those she left behind continues.

:sleuth: on :websleuther:

:rose:

In reference to the sticker, or what is left when a sticker is removed. AAA insurance had/has a sticker that would leave that shape. Jmo

I have only recently been able to start following this tragic case so I apololgize if this has been discussed, but from arkansasmimi's post #26 above:

Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. - Mrs. Bevers' pick up truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post12523292

When I read the linked timeline what jumped out at me right away is that they have 4:16am time Mrs. Beavers' pickup truck is shown on video surveillance pulling into the parking lot. Then they say the first participant in Camp Gladiator arrived at the location at 4:35. I wonder why they didn't use the same wording? Could that camper's arrival have involved not pulling into the parking lot and hence, not be on video?

I am wondering about this "couple of minutes" statement for how long Nissan was in gun store parking lot.

I feel as though it were left open for interpretation and not a literal 2 minutes as to let the owner know "hey, we saw you and we know you sat there before driving off."

To a woman, a couple of minutes can mean 30-45 minutes when it comes to getting ready.

To a man, a couple of minutes means more than 2 when they're hanging out with their friends. "I'll be home in a couple of minutes."

As far as the church's cameras, I feel it is closed circuit and tapes only reviewed when something happens, but not on a regular basis. And that is why I think they didn't know about the outside cameras not working; IMO, low crime area, not 100% need for cameras to be monitored 24/7.

Everything I say is all JMO

I agree on the wording of the time frame. Just like they did at the first Press Conf... "shortly" "pretty soon" ... vague. They know what the time stamps say ;) .. This is a Murder Investigation. Honestly there is a large time frame that the Suspect could have left. *note too, they seemed to have the Suspect at least on video after the Murder, I will be curious to find out if Suspect was in a hurry or how they appeared leaving vs the other video we have seen. :thinking: That will surely have some play how the DA builds his case. Makes me also think that could be another reason why they changed to Targeted so fast.

Respectfully BBM, I agree. In the Beverly Carter case, the Sheriff in their Press Conf after Arron Lewis was arrested... "We are not looking for any more Suspects". It was a factual statement. They were not looking for anyone else. They had AL and were watching his wife, Crystal Lowery and got their ducks in a row and exactly 1 month later arrested her too. Every word they say is for a reason. We have no idea, yet , what the reason is. To read more into it is just messing with your mind at this point JMHO

I think they are making factual statements too. I do wonder about the Altima and I know they said the driver or drivers aren't pois and they just want to know if they saw anything. This I can't help but read more into bc they have had this information for awhile and I wonder why they have waited so long to release it. I'm trying not to get too far off the deep end with my thoughts/theories/opinions on this case but something about the Altima and the timing is bugging me.

I have only recently been able to start following this tragic case so I apololgize if this has been discussed, but from arkansasmimi's post #26 above:

Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. - Mrs. Bevers' pick up truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post12523292

When I read the linked timeline what jumped out at me right away is that they have 4:16am time Mrs. Beavers' pickup truck is shown on video surveillance pulling into the parking lot. Then they say the first participant in Camp Gladiator arrived at the location at 4:35. I wonder why they didn't use the same wording? Could that camper's arrival have involved not pulling into the parking lot and hence, not be on video?

JMO yep something whacky here..........JMO.............INTO the church entrance from highway, or into the south(east) parking lot?

Perp did so much to disguise his/her person, I wonder if s/he did anything to make the vehicle look more "official"?

When I first saw the video, I thought immediately the killer Swat-Perp was female. I just wondered how she/he could get into the church parking lot without being concerned there were cameras outside. So, I still wonder if the camera was disabled from inside the church, because if done outside, it seems the person dialing it would be videoed doing that. When the Swap-Perp wanders through the church, I think she/he looks and acts bored, and irritated, that she/he has to wait on something, or someone.

There has to be a camera, somewhere in the city, nearby the church, that videoed the Swat-Perp driving by, unless the only car, on the nearby streets, from 2-4 am, was the Nissan.
Perhaps the Nissan driver saw something that should be reported to the police. I hope the Nissan driver will call the tip line, soon.

Could the wide height range of SP suggest that there are 2 people involved?
LE also mentioned a passenger in their press conference 5/20... Not that there necessary was one, but they said something to the effect of the owner of car and/or their passenger were not suspects.
Jmo

Yes! That's what I think too! Two Swatperps and the heights are different. That's why they had to bring in the experts and do a reenactment at the church. I was wondering if anybody else thought that. So glad I'm not the only one! Giving that broad a range in height is a huge clue in that direction. IMO

New estimate:

Original estimate:

Personally, I will go with the reconstruction crew. The orig guess estimate, was just that. These are experts. Watching a few news reports, it looked to me like they also did the reconstruction at night time? Or maybe the news crew just went out in late evening? http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/tarr...g-in-search-for-missy-bevers-killer/188445681

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk