TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol you rascal... I went and looked at them lol you thought it was there, ok going to look there. ...OK. Yes, that's where they state when she entered the parking lot but not where they got the source of that ;) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12519658#post12519658 so I just going to believe that something they holding close to the vest. Thank you again!!!!

Not sure I understand, arkansasmimi...the 'source' is LE himself (Spann) saying she arrived in the parking lot at 4:16. ETA: oh, gotcha...you mean he doesn't mention the cameras picked up her car's arrival? I'll find the article if those words aren't in the presser. But the presser and articles also go on to state that cameras first pick her up INSIDE at 4:18 or 4:20 (depending on your source)...so the 4:16 time is when the cameras picked her up in the LOT.

And I totally agree (and did in my earlier post prompting this exchange) that LE are keeping COD close to the vest. :)

Also in that April 22 Press Conf. Asst Chief Johnson said the have executed several SW the last several days....
Only ones we know of are (executed prior to the 4/22/2016 Press Conf)
1) 4/18/2016 SW16-050 Ford F150 to retrieve personal items from MB truck
2) 4/20/2016 SW16-060 MB iPhone & iPad extraction
3) 4/21/2016 AT&T Cell Tower Dump

**** 4/22/2016 SW16-059 The Dry Cleaner warrant was not signed until 8:40 p.m. that night which was after the Press Conf SW was executed same date... What is interesting about that is... MPD recd call at approx 1:50 pm 4/22/2016. I sure they had a lot of stuff going on. I wonder what time the CID found out about the call? :thinking:

Not sure I understand, arkansasmimi...the 'source' is LE himself (Spann) saying she arrived in the parking lot at 4:16. ETA: oh, gotcha...you mean he doesn't mention the cameras picked up her car's arrival? I'll find the article if those words aren't in the presser. But the presser and articles also go on to state that cameras first pick her up INSIDE at 4:18 or 4:20 (depending on your source)...so the 4:16 time is when the cameras picked her up in the LOT.

And I totally agree (and did in my earlier post prompting this exchange) that LE are keeping COD close to the vest. :)

Sorry, lol no we were trying to find out if it was stated the source of where the surveillance camera caught it that MB truck was driving into the parking lot is located . (Very possible they could have gotten that info from her cell phone pings , thinking about it, but that would not be surveillance video) . Thank you I have not found anywhere where the Chief, Asst Chief or Captain Spann have stated where that 416am arrival time was obtained other than surveillance camera. I thinking it was SWFA, but they have not stated that, that's why I say I believe they are holding that info close to the vest.

ETA: the 418 and 420 are also both from the MPD. Only thing I can think of is maybe she unlocked the door, went in then came back out and carried something in, that would give 2 time stamps. But from the very first Presser, Spann said 4:18 and the SWs all say 4:18 am entered into church

Photo#1 Altima (MrsPC, thread 20, page 61), Photo#2 My poor Paint additions, Photo#3 Stock Photo rear of 2012 Altima. . . . The Altima has rear and front headrests. In the stock photo, the rear ones are low and wide, the front ones are narrower and higher (adjustable). So I took the released photo into Paint (which causes awful pixelation) so that I could approximate how I see the Driver. Yellow rectangles: rear and front left headrests. Light Blue: back of driver's seat. Green squares on dash over radio: three black circles (see Bill_Carson and 1&2&3 stock interior posts on page 41 this thread). Small vertical white line left of dash that is the steering wheel - I was not able to curve the line. Orange: DRIVER. The driver's right shoulder is slightly higher than the right corner of the seat,and I think the head is slightly higher than the headrest. The bright light that some posters see as ignition - I have it unmarked (bottom right of light blue, cutout corner) on the right slim side of the driver's seat, lower than the orange driver's arm, perhaps on the driver's right side or almost waist. *shrug* Someone with better eyes and skills can probably do a much better job. EDIT TO ADD: The object that is easiet to pick out is the rear left headrest because it is solid and not reflective, then move eyes forward and try to find front seat headrest. 2ND EDIT: I think the Driver's right arm is reaching into console below and in front of the radio. THE WHITE THING (ignition) - is it a white fast food soft drink cup with a straw sticking out of the right top, sitting down in one of those cupholders between the seats? I think so. 3RD EDIT: Yep. The Driver's right hand is reaching to the console into an opened up light colored paper wrapper like maybe they have french fries laid there, and I think the white paper cup with straw is in a holder attached to or near the low right side of the driver's seat near or in the center console. (I certainly think they got a license plate number!) MOO

Attachments

• VEHICLE 1.jpg
    VEHICLE 1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 127
  • VEHICLE 1.paint.jpg
    VEHICLE 1.paint.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 128
  • VEHICLE rear Altima 2012.jpg
    VEHICLE rear Altima 2012.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 75
Going back and adjusting my time line on MB ... She got her Personal Trainer Cert ( posted awaiting it) on April 30, 2014. She has been doing 5 a.m. boot camps since the very beginning. BB even in a post recommended someone they should try it out. So did something happen recently that allegedly made BB more concerned?

MB was hustling up boot campers and having them several different places. July 9, 2014 she attends a boot camp of AT.
Missy Bevers
July 9, 2014 · Ovilla, TX ·
Thank you, AT for letting me help you out tonight with your boot camp!! I learned a lot and can't wait to start working with you and get some new boot camps going!! There's nothing like getting in a good workout outside in nature!!

In 2014 There are tons of going on vacation, family moments, school & sports activities.... Dec 2014 MB Daddy passes away. She is naturally devastated. She speaks of how her Daddy was so proud of her and her Personal Trainer career and she is going to make him proud. She has a new boot camp starting Jan 5, 2015 (plus another she was doing)..

Jan 14, 2015... she makes a post

Missy Bevers
January 14, 2015 ·
Going to be a participant at CG boot camp tomorrow morning @ 5:00am.....Midlothian Walgreen's! Who wants to join me?!!!
Camp Gladiator
***there was a link, the reporter was doing a story :
It's a workout that sounds a lot like a TV reality show. Steve Noviello gets a dose of it today at Camp Gladiator Fox4news. com

Someone tells her how hard it is, she replied it was her kind of workout ... she loves it

1 month later:

Feb 14, 2015
Missy Bevers added 3 new photos.
February 14, 2015 · Cedar Hill, TX ·
Give me a CG, Wut Wut!!!! So excited to start my new journey with Camp Gladiator!! My internship begins Monday!! Love, Love CG Boot camp

Very few of the same types of posts/comments as before. IIRC no vacations... just workout stuff. I can see one reason (among the obvious) that MT said that CG took MB away from them.

Jan 2016 LinkedIn starts...

Also, 10 months prior... June 1, 2015 is when MB had her hysterectomy... for what its worth.

Thanks for this!

You are right...that careful COD wording was in the 1st presser, not 2nd as I stated. However, it was stated by Spann, not Smith, after Spann took over about half way through and fielded reporters' questions (much to Smith's relief, I'd imagine ;) ).

LOL not trying to be nitpicky ;) just matters only if keeping notes, , but where I am speaking of Chief Smith say it was at the start about 5:22 mark .. *disclaimer they asked both Chief and Captain Spann almost all the same questions ....So we are both right ;). But that is where I was talking about Smith stating it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

Thanks! Too bad you weren't asking the questions because NG's guest probably knows a lot like you do. We have the transcript already. I thought this guest was well worth listening to (and he would know the factory colors for that year and he guesses it is silver):

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/23/ng.01.html

"GRACE: ......Steven Becker joining me right now, vehicle ID expert with Robson Forensics. Steven, we`ve given you this information. What can you tell about this vehicle?

STEVEN BECKER, VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION EXPERT (via telephone): Hi, Nancy. The vehicle`s actually quite identifiable. It`s interesting there`s so many features that are noticeable in this grainy black nighttime, grainy video footage. But you can clearly figure out what type of car this is.

[20:05:00]GRACE: Well, what can you tell us? Break it down.

BECKER: Sure. The main features, you can see -- if you look at the lower portion of the bumper, you`ll see dual exhaust pipes, very unique feature for a four-door sedan. You can also see that this is a four-door sedan. You can see the door handles on the side.

You`ve got a V-shaped trunk lid with the license plate in the center of the trunk lid, not on the bumper. There`s also a bumper sticker below the license plate that`s identifiable. You can even make out the emblem and the shape of the emblem indicating that it`s a Nissan. And then there`s a piece of chrome trim above the license plate that clearly identifies the year of the Nissan in the video. Also, the...

GRACE: Whoa, whoa! Wa-wait! Wa-wait! What year is it? Can you tell what year it is?

BECKER: Oh, definitely. This is a 2010 to 2012. You can`t narrow it down more than that because they didn`t change the rear end of the vehicle much between those two years. But what you can tell is that, like in the 2015 or one of the newer ones, the chrome trim is much, much wider. In other words, it would definitely show up and you`d identify it differently from the incident vehicle. The older ones, like the 2007 and such, there is no chrome trim of the license plate. And the geometry of the bumper is different, as well.

GRACE: OK. In a nutshell, Steven Becker, vehicle ID expert with Robson Forensics, if you had to put money on it, what would you say this car is -- make, model, year, color, anything you can tell me?

BECKER: Again, it`s a 2010 to 2012 Nissan Altima. It`s light in color, and I would say more likely than not silver. ..."

Gee, thanks Nancy Grace for having an expert on to tell us exactly what the MPD already told us......lol

Mods, We have so many pictures that we refer to throughout this forum, would it be possible to get a subforum just for pictures?

It is frustrating trying to find a picture or group of pictures in these threads as long as they are and, we will be on Thred #22 in a short time.

Thanks for considering it.

In Photo#2, I tried to show how Driver is eating from a wrapper and has a cup. Purple: is the open wrapper on the console with dark food in the middle of it. Green: is the white cup with straw sticking up. Light Blue: just a part of driver seat back outline. Yellow: driver headrest. Orange: DRIVER, arm reaching into food in wrapper.

Attachments

• VEHICLE 1.jpg
    VEHICLE 1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 76
  • VEHICLE 1.paint2.jpg
    VEHICLE 1.paint2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 118
WS posters think of everything and since I have a hard time keeping up, I have a question that I may have missed the answer to.

Do do carwashes usually have cameras? Maybe a car was taken in for detailing not long after the murder.

It helps with circumstancial evidence of a guilty party that knows we are looking for you but now you want to hide and not come forward to answer questions. Now we have offered you a chance to come forward. But we will now just get a warrant to search your car and phone and whatever else.

Especially if they seen that car multiple times on other cameras before and after. Example a gas station at 5 am or something. Idk.

So in this theory. The police knows who the person is. The police may have a good feeling that the person is viable to the case. But the police may not have enough to get a warrant without exhausting voluntary chances by the perp. Plus you show the car just in case other cars or neighbors noticed that car out there during various hours near the crime scene.

I'm surprised by now someone hasn't come in and said oh yeah I've seen that car at my neighbors house or at my job or at the store I work at, Drs office, in my drive-thru line, etc. Makes me think it's not from that town. Are residents of other cities in the state outside of Midlothian following the case that closely.

Outside cameras not working ...... Bothersome.
No mention of them being disabled......
Could outside cameras be DUMMY CAMERAS to thwart break-in?
It's a LOT cheaper to purchase a dummy camera than run a real one & probably not uncommon.
I purchased a DUMMY CAMERA once to protect a business and they look real.
Could be routine jargon for police to say cameras are "not working" if they don't work period because they can't instead of revealing the fact that they are dummy cameras therby compromising future security of the church.
Just a thought..........

They are not dummy cameras. The police clearly stated in the last press-conference that they have obtained video from those cameras, just not from the night of the murder.

Can surveillance cameras be " jammed" like police radar guns ? This gave me a flashback LOL OMG its 1986 and I just got hired by the 1st PI agency I worked for. This investigator was a real kook LOL he had a restored 280Z . He picked me up and took me on some jobs and just was showing off. he had a radar jammer. So we pass a cop on 635 going 90ish and the cop was banging on his radar gun as we passed him LOL Those were fun days.

Short answer, no. Security cameras cannot be jammed. If they could, they would be worthless.

Going by the height range given by LE, if it's a man, it's a man who is distinctively short imo. Like, he'd probably stand out among Missy's circle of acquaintances, or it would be a small amount of men to select from.
If it's a woman, I'd say a very large number of women fit into that height range and it would be harder to narrow down the field.

Its so weird that with the reinactment the best they can come up with is 5'2-5'7. They should have been able to come up with the exact height right down to the centimeter. Something is definitely up with that. I guess they are allowing for someone to be wearing 5" lifts. That's the only explanation or those mathematicians need to go into some other line of work.

Someone here may be able to give you a more comprehensive answer, but from what I understand, the answer to your question is yes. The method to do so and how successful it is, is probably dependent on the type of surveillance system in place. I know wireless surveillance cameras (which are typically internet-enabled) are at a risk of being hacked, or remotely compromised. Many CCTV cameras use UHF/VHF frequencies to operate and these camera can theoretically be "jammed" using a (powerful) jamming device.

I think it would be highly unlikely that the church would have been using wireless cameras for their security.

Photo#1 Altima (MrsPC, thread 20, page 61), Photo#2 My poor Paint additions, Photo#3 Stock Photo rear of 2012 Altima. . . . The Altima has rear and front headrests. In the stock photo, the rear ones are low and wide, the front ones are narrower and higher (adjustable). So I took the released photo into Paint (which causes awful pixelation) so that I could approximate how I see the Driver. Yellow rectangles: rear and front left headrests. Light Blue: back of driver's seat. Green squares on dash over radio: three black circles (see Bill_Carson and 1&2&3 stock interior posts on page 41 this thread). Small vertical white line left of dash that is the steering wheel - I was not able to curve the line. Orange: DRIVER. The driver's right shoulder is slightly higher than the right corner of the seat,and I think the head is slightly higher than the headrest. The bright light that some posters see as ignition - I have it unmarked (bottom right of light blue, cutout corner) on the right slim side of the driver's seat, lower than the orange driver's arm, perhaps on the driver's right side or almost waist. *shrug* Someone with better eyes and skills can probably do a much better job. EDIT TO ADD: The object that is easiet to pick out is the rear left headrest because it is solid and not reflective, then move eyes forward and try to find front seat headrest. 2ND EDIT: I think the Driver's right arm is reaching into console below and in front of the radio. THE WHITE THING (ignition) - is it a white fast food soft drink cup with a straw sticking out of the right top, sitting down in one of those cupholders between the seats? I think so. 3RD EDIT: Yep. The Driver's right hand is reaching to the console into an opened up light colored paper wrapper like maybe they have french fries laid there, and I think the white paper cup with straw is in a holder attached to or near the low right side of the driver's seat near or in the center console. (I certainly think they got a license plate number!) MOO

Wow, so they stopped at Whataburger on the way to have a snack before they kill. How creeeeepy. Is it even open that late? What time does it close and open in am? I doubt a gym rat would be eating that crap. Maybe a late night or early morning fast food worker who took a noticed MB and took fancy to her then started stalking her. No one at home to really notice if they arrive late or leave extra early. Maybe lives alone or with roommate or parent.

Its so weird that with the reinactment the best they can come up with is 5'2-5'7. They should have been able to come up with the exact height right down to the centimeter. Something is definitely up with that. I guess they are allowing for someone to be wearing 5" lifts. That's the only explanation or those mathematicians need to go into some other line of work.

Some posters here have pointed out that LE needs to be general in their hight estimate, so as to not eliminate any possible suspects. Otherwise that estimate could later be used as a reason for the suspect to be acquitted.

I also think that many here underestimate the difficulty, in getting an accurate hight estimate from the video. The video is from the ceiling not from eye level. So the angles could distort the hight of the suspect.

Wow, so they stopped at Whataburger on the way to have a snack before they kill. How creeeeepy. Is it even open that late? What time does it close and open in am? I doubt a gym rat would be eating that crap. Maybe a late night or early morning fast food worker who took a noticed MB and took fancy to her then started stalking her. No one at home to really notice if they arrive late or leave extra early. Maybe lives alone or with roommate or parent.

LE has video from Whataburger...seems really unlikely that they wouldn't have noticed this very specific car they're interested in on the WAB video.

ETA I believe WAB is open 24 hours.

In Photo#2, I tried to show how Driver is eating from a wrapper and has a cup. Purple: is the open wrapper on the console with dark food in the middle of it. Green: is the white cup with straw sticking up. Light Blue: just a part of driver seat back outline. Yellow: driver headrest. Orange: DRIVER, arm reaching into food in wrapper.

I must be blind, I don't see anything at all inside the car except for the lights. What program did you use to lighten etc?

7b6a88e7f3447a30072a53d4370e68d6.jpg

2c725cf3ae075d95c938aea14d464a98.jpg

These both appear to have dual exhausts so not sure on NG comment that they do not usually have duals. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17