TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by beach, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

Maybe a skilled enough hiker could do that in the daytime in good weather. But in the dark, in the middle of a rain shower, with the creek running deep, I don&#8217;t think so.

2. arkansasmimi

arkansasmimi Well-Known Member

And actually we only have 2 different things listed in 2 different SW. not the Autopsy findings. MPD continues to state they are not going to discuss the COD.

3. loveboxerkisses

loveboxerkisses New Member

I'm afraid to say I am starting to feel the same way, but hope I am wrong

4. Batbrat

Batbrat Member

I like this idea. I've thought about how you'd get a car somewhere off the road there and park it. That "on the scene" reporter from Nancy Grace did a bit of poking around there herself and I seem to remember she said those dirt roads/drives around that area were all gated and fenced. You'd need some stealthy way to be able to shine some sort of light on them to find an opening, if there were any.

5. KaaBoom

The cameras are motion activated. So there would be no video of empty hallways.

6. Montjoy

Montjoy Inactive

Be that as it may, they are nonetheless considered circumstantial evidence, which is defined against direct evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumstantial_evidence

7. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

I know I'm not in their situation, but it took me several deactivations and a long time of pondering the negatives and positives before I finally closed my account for good (actually deleted it, not just deactivated). It can be addictive. I can see it even being a source of comfort if you were going through trauma and grief. There are support groups and stuff on there, for example.

8. SandyQLS

SandyQLS Well-Known Member

Interesting... how can you tell a 2010 from a 2011 or 2012? We know it is a 4-door sedan, and Altimas 2010-2012 are automatic transmisison only, but there are some other features available (Kelley Blue Book http://www.kbb.com/nissan/altima/2012/). What can you see on that car - curious minds want to know?

9. FinallyRegistered

FinallyRegistered Active Member

An ATV might work, though.

[​IMG]

10. Batbrat

Batbrat Member

Excellent point. Well, there would be, but they'd probably only be empty for a couple minutes after they got activated before switching back off. And if the time stamps are actual time, then the cameras were probably inactive during those gaps. Or is there more to the speculation that there is more footage out there somewhere?

11. Phoebeb

Phoebeb Active Member

What if "they" were wearing a lighted helmet and/or gloves?

12. KaaBoom

I believe you would need a trail to drive an ATV. You can&#8217;t drive an ATV though woods.

13. ktrca

ktrca New Member

Don't fret, LE knows Perp better than Perp knows Perp. There is evidence all over the crime scene. We get lost in the minutiae of subjective thought. There is evidence and plenty of it. The killer spent at least 20 minutes on scene prior to the murder and had up to 15 minutes after. Thats a lot of time to leave evidence to theskilled professionals like the FBI and Marshalls. As well the taking down of social media by the family, has two tells. Expect news. I am in no way suggesting they are involved.

14. Cannonball3804

Cannonball3804 Former Member

There is no evidence given to us by LE that a gun was used. None. No evidence of any other weapon besides one item that left puncture wounds "consistent with a hammer."

15. KaaBoom

I don&#8217;t think that would work. But even if the suspect could somehow manage it, splashing around in a creek in the middle of the night on private property would likely attract attention of the home owner. Especially if they have a dog.

16. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

This was an up close and personal murder involving multiple blows with what looks like a claw hammer. The scene itself had to have a lot of evidence and the killer didn't walk away without getting evidence on them and maybe transferred some to their vehicle.

17. FinallyRegistered

FinallyRegistered Active Member

True, but it's only wooded at the creek. The rest of it is open. There are a tons of ways to get there on an ATV.

18. SandyQLS

SandyQLS Well-Known Member

I like this route. The dropoff could be anywhere. For the escape, this route provides the suspect with the advantage of darkness, rain, and even if the rain passed, it was still stormy/cloudy so a very dark AM. Put on a green or camo poncho to cover the 'police' lettering and shiny helmet, and simply walk on the edge of the empty field by the trees - no one would be able to see this person from 287. Cross the creek where the cement culvert begins on CoC side - could have even prepositioned a plank of wood somewhere if needed to cross. Then follow the small cement drainage ditch to the dirt road and on to Rex Odom. And this route avoids the SWFA cameras.

Attached Files:

19. KaaBoom

And barbed wire fences, and homeowners. You don&#8217;t think a trespasser on an ATV would take up a farmer?

20. Justice2016

Justice2016 Former Member

Nobody has been ruled out. See news from 20 May.

Quote "Johnson said, and are no longer actively considered suspects, though no one will be definitively ruled out until the case is solved."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.