TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20

Everyone, please read this post before you post anything else

Dear Websleuths members,

Again we find ourselves trying to moderate based on rules set up for other cases.

Once in a while, our rules do not fit with certain cases and therefore changes need to be made.

We will try and make this as easy as possible.

If you have a question send me a private message, please. Do not post the question on the forum.

For our new members: Welcome to websleuths!

Websleuths is different than any other forum on the internet. If you are used to forums like topix then you are going to find out quickly websleuths is not topix. We don’t allow rumors. We don’t allow comments from facebook or comments from other forums. We work hard to make sure everyone stays on topic. We allow and encourage appropriate sleuthing. Most of all we want you to become involved and enjoy your experience at websleuths. You can review our rules right here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-the-rules

*Please no personal chatter back and forth. Welcoming someone back or making jokes at other member’s expense is not going to be allowed. The case is about Missy Bevers. Please do not make the thread about you.

*If Missy’s husband posts pictures and posts on his personal public facebook page it can be discussed and you can speculate.

*if you do speculate please do not make comments on their personal appearance. That’s just rude. You can speculate on their behavior but if you want to post something unkind about their looks please don’t.

*Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start.

*Speculation does not mean you can sleuth any of these people. Their lives have been turned upside down and the last thing they want to see is something personal and embarrassing posted on websleuths for the world to see. No sleuthing aka no digging into their backgrounds and posting what you find.

* Here is a hypothetical for you: Say you were face to face with the person you are getting ready to post about. This person also knows your real name. Would you say what you are getting ready to post to this person’s face? Please think before you post.

*We have an unfair advantage. We are anonymous. Your words are very powerful and they will be on the internet forever. You will own those words when the truth is found out about Missy's murder.

To review:

*yes you can speculate as long as it is logical and done in a mature manner.

*yes you can discuss the pictures Missy's husband posted on his personal and public Facebook page. You cannot discuss any comments unless they are from Missy's husband personally.

*yes you can discuss all pictures/ videos as long as you can source them to a legitimate source . Do not post or discuss the twitter picture that showed the face blown up. This looks like some sort of photo-shopped picture and it can’t be sourced

i am completely responsible for any confusion that has gone on in this thread. Sparky is doing a great job and she was doing what i taught her to do. I want to publicly thank sparky for her hard work and dedication.

Ok newbies and old time Websleuths members, go forth and discuss!

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
owner/Websleuths.com
ps. Please forgive spelling and grammatical errors. I am half asleep as i write.

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

Hi Everyone,

The Missy Bevers thread is now open.

Toward the end of thread #20 it became pretty much an all out war.

We won't tolerate this kind of posting. No more warnings. Time-out or bannings. Whatever fits the situation.

REMEMBER THIS: THE THREAD IS ABOUT MISSY'S MURDER.

If someone is rude to you do not respond. Please hit the alert button.

In the latest press conference, the police said Missy's family, friends, and co-workers are not considered suspects.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-search-for-vehicle-of-interest-in-texas-church-murder/

Please do not suggest or hint or even slightly infer that someone in this group could be the killer.

I want you to do what you do best and that's sleuth as much as you can with the information we have.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to send me a PM or email me at websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Thank you,
Tricia

I was getting discouraged that this might turn into an unsolved cold case, then I saw the news on the 3 year old Jessica Heeringa case. LE probably had less evidence in that case than they do in this one. But they may have caught a break:

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/143642818-story

All it will take it is one tip to lead them to someone who walks like the person in the video here and MPD could have the break that solves Missy's murder.

I am curious at how the killer travelled to & from the scene. He/she was struggling to walk in the too big shoes, so they must have had some form of wheels in order to make a quick escape. What I find odd is that security cameras are so common these days in homes & business. I'm surprised there hasn't been more sightings on camera of the transport. In the UK there is CCTV everywhere, but maybe not in this small town.

It is very possible, that the perp scouted the church earlier that morning. Judging on how they looked up at the "Holy Grounds" cafe and how they seemed surprised opening the Dutch double doors, they were not necessarily familiar with the church. I am entertaining the possibility, that the individual broke into the church *earlier* than when first seen on camera. If they secured access at an *earlier point*, then left and then kept cruising around (Nissan?) the area making sure everything was still "on schedule", it would further help not being soaking wet (assuming they were not) when entering the church the second time. Looking at the weather conditions that morning, if this was a "regular" burglary, going out in the midst of a heavy rainstorm really does not make a lot of sense. Also, anyone planning to attack MD could have done it in the parking lot, as a poster previously pointed out. However, the killer made sure there was no "escape" and no "noise". He wanted to kill her. JMO -Nin

Thank you!! Let's please try to work on the facts so we don't get this one shut down!! [emoji6]

That said, what is our take on the the fact the outdoor cameras didn't work? Do we know how long they were down, and who would have known that? I believe in luck to an extent, but not this much. The perp didn't get lucky enough when it came to the cameras, alarm, campers not showing up immediately, missy actually being there and going inside alone, etc. I just can't buy the burglary theory, they had time to stash something and they didn't. Also, I do wonder why the perp did not lock the door after he killed missy? The campers likely would have thought missy was busy and it would have bought the perp an easy 15 more minutes. (Doesn't appear it was needed.) MOO

Still wondering, if it was rainy, where might there be wet foot prints inside the church. (Guess none were seen on camera)

Wondering about the Nissan, too. Was it the only car seen on several cameras along the streets in the early hours from 2-4 am? I know the only camera LE announced to video the Nissan was the camera at the gun store, however, there must be other cameras along the route, through the city, to the gun store.

Been using the time to catch up on some (still) unread posts. Wanted to bring this one by TeaTime over from Thread 20 p41, because it really resonated with me. Thanks for posting it, TeaTime - well thought out.

Originally posted by TeaTime
A realization came to me last night after reading a member's description of the SWFA parking lot cameras. She and her husband identified roughly 30 (?) surveillance cameras directed on the parking lot/building of the sporting goods/gun shop and that is when I realized that this Altima and its plates have been long known to LE - since the early stages of this investigation. SMH

The gun shop sits on a lonely section of Hwy 287, a prime target for burglary from all sorts of people (including illegals, drug smugglers and terrorists) and vulnerable because Midlothian is a small city with a small PD serving a large area geographically. If the store was hit, and the alarm alerted, chances are the perps would escape before LE could arrive and LE would rely on the cameras to ID them. The sheer number of cameras at SWFA supports a conclusion that security surveillance was priority and one could conclude (as have I) with reasonable certainty that capturing the license plates of perps, day or night, would be crucial. It is therefore my opinion that the SWFA cameras are quite capable and do indeed capture license plate numbers on vehicles in the parking lot. Otherwise, what purpose would they serve? None. A toothless dog that doesn't bark is not a watch dog.

So why has LE stated that they could not ID the car? To keep SWATPERP (hereinafter SP) calm while also giving the public some information about the progress of the investigation. The 'we can't ID the car" is for SP. The "we have a car" is for the public.

Think of what they have released to the public and how it is is heard by SP. "The suspect is 6' tall, with an awkward gait. We can see a bit of a car in the church parking lot but not enough to ID it." SP relaxes knowing the gait is noticeable but the 6' tall height is off by 9 inches (just a number for the theory) and the car is not identifiable, therefore suspicion will never be cast in SP's direction.

Meanwhile LE is talking to SP, nailing down the story and SW is chatting it up with LE and without counsel because, in SW's mind, LE has no clue as to the ID of person or vehicle; "[T]hey are stupid, I am smart."

The next announcement was 'no one on the search warrant is a suspect at this time' and SP is 'between 5'8" and 5'9" tall. SP is relieved - LE is clueless.

However, LE has known specifics and has been putting all the ducks in a row for the DA while keeping SP calm by publicly claiming ignorance of any details.

Yesterday (?) they adjusted the height to 5'2" to 5'7" (which even I could have determined just looking at the video so really no special equipment was needed except for court), squeezing SP a bit more, shaking SP's confidence and they sort of ID the vehicle as a 4 - 6 year old light colored Nissan Altima, squeezing even more. LE claims they do not have the plate number. I say they do because it would be a serious lapse of security judgment to have cameras that were useless unless enhanced by some super special process that takes days/weeks to complete.

The newly released details also make SP's spouse, family and friends suspicious as in "I recognized the gait, but the height was way off so it can't be XYZ but now, XYZ's height fits as does the car".

I believe that SP is, and has been, on LE's radar and under surveillance, visually and electronically since the earliest days of the investigation and LE is slowly and methodically tightening the noose.

This all my opinion, I have no citations, just a logical train of thought.
Last edited by TeaTime; Yesterday at 12:41 PM.

Caught up on a lot of things.

To me, the most frustrating thing in this case is not the lack of information. I understand that part. For me it is the mixing up of time lines, the misquoting of LE or even the misquoting of what media has reported. When we quote what LE has stated, we have to quote exactly what they did state. Not what we think they meant (they stated exactly what they meant). There has been so many misquotes that it makes my head spin. *disclaimer, I am putting myself in this along with everyone else. But having included myself, I also try to go back and find the link about that subject. I went back and found some more links and found other things along the way of catching up. A breather and refresher is always good. Hope everyone is having a Great Sunday Afternoon.

I think we can safely assume that perp entered church already dressed in gear since they would not know what to expect and would need to already be in disguise in case there were cameras.
Perp would have been covered in blood most likely, did they change in a room and put the perp disguise in a bag and leave with it?
Or did they immediately leave and change elsewhere?
Where is a good place to dump the bloody disguise which would also have perp DNA inside of it?
Would perp keep the bloody disguise until the coast was clear?
Is it possible perp or someone in perp family used part of this disguise on Halloween in past years? If so, close family should check out their Halloween disguise stash to see if this costume is still there or is missing.
The perp vehicle must have Missy's DNA in it, even a trace or am I assuming too much?
I don't think an actual LE officer would use their own uniform, too obvious
Where did perp put the disguise after the murder? Where did they get it from?

HI everyone, thank you mods for the new thread. Hopefully we will see an arrest sometime soon. I really do believe they are close. I think LE has done a great job so far and IMO are being advised by the fbi and Texas Rangers on how to handle their media statements, what info to release, etc. I think they have a good idea who did this but want to make sure they have all their ducks in a row and want others who may know this person to come forward so they can use that in an attempt at a confession or at trial, etc before either arresting the person or trying to interrogate them for the first time or maybe they have already interrogated this person and plan on doing so again one more time in an attempt for a confession. Again this is JMO. I have no clue who did this. I do strongly think it's a woman who acted alone. My mom doesn't follow crimes in the news but when I mentioned this case she must have seen the video on one of the national morning shows bc she immediately said "is that the one where a woman dressed up like a swat team member and then killed that sweet mother in the church." I said "yes but we don't know if it's a woman or man." She said "oh that's a woman, I could tell it was from watching it and I only saw it once. When I saw it the first thing that crossed my mind was that's a woman."

Also, and ttfwiw, but my husband is LE and military and I showed him the videos again after he asked me why I'm glued to the iPad, he again told me that he thinks it's a woman and that some of the video of swatperp standing in certain ways and other stuff that has been released makes him think swat perp has military background. I asked him to elaborate but he said that explaining why he thought swat perp showed some movements or body positions that reminded him of military would be too hard to explain and that other military people might pick up on it. no clue what he means by that but I thought I read another member mention something like that so maybe if they see this they can chime in.

Regardless, I hope this thread brings the arrest of the person responsible for this horrific murder and I hope missy and her family,friends and Ioved ones get whatever earthly justice is allowed under the law in Texas in regards to this crime and the circumstances.

I could be mixed -up here but it seems to me, that the Nissan was headed southbound when it stopped at the gun store. It had to exit the store on the divided highway heading south. (it may have just continued south) BUT if it turned at the only apparent access to go back, northbound toward the church, it would have turned at the access rd to the airport. Then it would have HAD to pass the gun store cameras (if they capture the S and Nbound lanes)....traveling north toward the church and Midlothian. I just was so impressed with the video capacity of the gun shop, that it has made me think that the NISSAN could be in later video. DUNNO JMO..........or, even, earlier.

It is very possible, that the perp scouted the church earlier that morning. Judging on how they looked up at the "Holy Grounds" cafe and how they seemed surprised opening the Dutch double doors, they were not necessarily familiar with the church. I am entertaining the possibility, that the individual broke into the church *earlier* than when first seen on camera. If they secured access at an *earlier point*, then left and then kept cruising around (Nissan?) the area making sure everything was still "on schedule", it would further help not being soaking wet (assuming they were not) when entering the church the second time. Looking at the weather conditions that morning, if this was a "regular" burglary, going out in the midst of a heavy rainstorm really does not make a lot of sense. Also, anyone planning to attack MD could have done it in the parking lot, as a poster previously pointed out. However, the killer made sure there was no "escape" and no "noise". He wanted to kill her. JMO -Nin

I have to agree on the perp scouting the church earlier that morning. I doubt the person who did this got any sleep the night before and I think they may have entered the church a lot earlier than we saw. This is why I think the Altima driver is important. Either they could have seen something during that time frame and LE really just wants to talk to them as stated, or LE has other info to make them think the Altima could possibly be involved in some way. Jmo

I have believed from the beginning that SP is a female and MB was targeted. JMO. I also believe this was very personal for SP who is a cold, calculating, sick individual. I wonder if SP's helmet light/headlamp might allow SP to confront Missy briefly before killing her. If you are looking at someone who is wearing a headlamp, it may not be as easy to make out who or what you are looking at with a light glaring at you and SP may have stated to MB they were police simultaneously.
I could be wrong and maybe headlamp was only used to navigate the church in the dark. Even if SP attached MB from behind, she seems to me like someone who may want to "get the last word" and scare MB before finally killing her... I'm not saying this was a long, drawn out interaction- I think it all had to be done pretty quickly. Another outside the box thought- maybe SP used a taser to incapacitate MB initially.

As for the Altima on camera at gun store- SP appears to have planned this out in detail so I can't imagine they would be the driver (or passenger) in a vehicle that pulls into a place that is heavily monitored by cameras (which appear to be obvious)... Seems too risky IMO. I also think having anything lit up (Gps, mirror or whatever is showing in that picture from gun store camera) could allow someone to possibly get a better view of driver and/or passenger- if there was a oassenger in car at that time. Then again, it was dark and rainy...

I am praying for an arrest soon. Justice for Missy!

JMO

I am wondering about this "couple of minutes" statement for how long Nissan was in gun store parking lot.

I feel as though it were left open for interpretation and not a literal 2 minutes as to let the owner know "hey, we saw you and we know you sat there before driving off."

To a woman, a couple of minutes can mean 30-45 minutes when it comes to getting ready.

To a man, a couple of minutes means more than 2 when they're hanging out with their friends. "I'll be home in a couple of minutes."

As far as the church's cameras, I feel it is closed circuit and tapes only reviewed when something happens, but not on a regular basis. And that is why I think they didn't know about the outside cameras not working; IMO, low crime area, not 100% need for cameras to be monitored 24/7.

Everything I say is all JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Killer entered the church wearing what was seen on camera, however, since the clothes did not look wet, perhaps Killer had a lightweight rain coat to cover his clothing and he/she removed it, and then picked it up again, on his way out.

Caught up on a lot of things.

To me, the most frustrating thing in this case is not the lack of information. I understand that part. For me it is the mixing up of time lines, the misquoting of LE or even the misquoting of what media has reported. When we quote what LE has stated, we have to quote exactly what they did state. Not what we think they meant (they stated exactly what they meant). There has been so many misquotes that it makes my head spin. *disclaimer, I am putting myself in this along with everyone else. But having included myself, I also try to go back and find the link about that subject. I went back and found some more links and found other things along the way of catching up. A breather and refresher is always good. Hope everyone is having a Great Sunday Afternoon.

I agree regarding misquotes. To be fair, a good bit of misinformation has come from various media sources as well, so even quoting them accurately can be misleading. I think WSers and members of the media alike could benefit from parsing evidence from speculation. So many times I read folks repeating posted or reported speculation as if it were fact, then it gains a life of its own. A break and reboot was overdue.

Also, it looks to me studying the google map that a car could have easily been parked near the kitchen of the church and the gun shop cameras wouldn't catch it and neither would Missy or the campers. I'm confident that all parked as close to the awning as possible. JMO......no where near the other side of the church. JMO

Speaking hypothetically, if I was a burglar about to break in I'd be worried about possible cameras in the parking lot catching my car number plate & a burglar alarm going off after I break in. Luckily for him these 2 things were either not working or there at all. If he had gone to the effort of putting together a fake SWAT outfit I'm sure he would have thought about these details. How did he know these were not working? It's rare for any building left unattended at night not to be alarmed. Is Midlothian such a safe area that businesses & homes are not alarmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam