TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's weird to take in a shirt bloodied by a dog, isn't it all the more weird to take in a shirt bloodied by a murder?

I think the shirt is a non-issue. JMOpinion, subject to change.

Me thinks they did it knowing the press would be right out there cameras a blazing and BB could fuss about all the negative social media posts he read lol They both said or I recall RB saying " we were told this would happen" so they had to have notified MPD what they were about to do with the shirts

Weird. If the alibi as to whereabouts is confirmed, there is no need to bother testing the shirt.....except on the off-chance that the bloody womens XL top did not belong to either RB or VB. JMO ETA the little dog died after Missy did.

O/T and I'm going to appear completely stupid, but, jic there are other folks here who are either new to boards, or have not been on one in a very long time (me), ETA = Edited to add. I just realized that after joining WS nearly five weeks ago. I thought it mean Estimated Time of Arrival and was so confused sometimes. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I just went back and watched the video over and over. What is the white spot on the right thigh? It looks like something coming out of the top of a cargo pocket possibly...MO

The best view is when he/she is swinging the hammer.

Me thinks they did it knowing the press would be right out there cameras a blazing and BB could fuss about all the negative social media posts he read lol They both said or I recall RB saying " we were told this would happen" so they had to have notified MPD what they were about to do with the shirts

IIRC, the dry cleaner contacted police about the bloody shirt, not the Bevers.

Did y'all read Tricia's post #1 page 1? May I suggest you go back and read all of it. She has given some leeway since the thread was closed down the other day.

Thanks!
post with caution so we don't get shut down again ... I missed the thread over the last few days. JMHO

IIRC, the dry cleaner contacted police about the bloody shirt, not the Bevers.

listen to the interview, RB says he knew this would happen, i cant remember if BB said it too, yes the cleaners reported which is terrific but they both knew it would stir up curosity..

listen to the interview, RB says he knew this would happen, i cant remember if BB said it too, yes the cleaners reported which is terrific but they both knew it would stir up curosity..

That is bizarre! I'm not understanding why they would do that.

I wasn't aware we were no longer allowed to post about CT. ??

Excerpts from the last press conference per transcript by Websleuths member Galadriel:

excerpt:

"Despite various theories circulating through social media, none of the people named in our affidavits are now suspects."

I think the key word in that statement is "now."

and another excerpt:

"Until Missy's killer is caught, I will stop short of saying that any person is absolutely excluded, but to be clear none of Missy's family are at the focus of this investigation."

JMHO but I don't think the target interests named in the warrant (that are not family) have been "absolutely excluded."
Per Tricia at the start of todays thread: * YOU CAN SPECULATE ABOUT PEOPLE IN THE SEARCH WARRANTS AS LONG AS YOU USE THEIR INITIALS ONLY. This overrides an earlier decision I made. My apologies for the confusion. It is 100 percent my fault.

I definitively remember him being emphatic in his interview there were two shirts there. I will have to go back and watch, but there has been nothing about the other shirt. Maybe it was his way of saying "we take all kinds of things there" om not trying to be accusatory, but it is odd to take a shirt with your dead dogs blood on it to a cleaner. I do dog rescue, and that is the last thing I would have in my closet.. thats just me tho. Maybe it was super duper special shirt.

If it were a little blood and I could get it out, then I'd most likely try, or take it to the cleaners. If it were simply covered in blood, or anything gross for that matter, then I'd toss it. This may seem weird, but I have t-shirts that are well over 20 years old, that I can't bring myself to part with. Some even have holes in them! I'm wearing one right now. :shame:

Per Tricia at the start of todays thread: * YOU CAN SPECULATE ABOUT PEOPLE IN THE SEARCH WARRANTS AS LONG AS YOU USE THEIR INITIALS ONLY. This overrides an earlier decision I made. My apologies for the confusion. It is 100 percent my fault.

With that being said why were people all over CT from the very beginning. Because she was a woman and people thought SP walked like a woman? Is that it?

With that being said why were people all over CT from the very beginning. Because she was a woman and people thought SP walked like a woman? Is that it?

I think several people may still feel she was involved. Just my humble opinion, CT sort of still fits into the possible category because --

She has a link to the victim (thru her husband)
She has a link to Camp Gladiator (thru her husband)
She has access to self-defense attire (such as what it appears the killer wore) (thru her husband)
She has the same gait/stance (according to several locals who previously posted and to a journalist interviewed by Tricia here on Websleuths)
She appears to fit the height from photos I have seen on FB that are no longer public per the height range of the killer provided by law enforcement at the press conference
And from photos I have seen on FB that are no longer public she is right-handed which the killer appears to be when swinging the hammer in the surveillance video

Seems like a few too many coincidences to me.

Thank you, mods, for giving us an enforced break! Much needed. Has anyone come up with any NEW thoughts or theories while we've had time to think outside the box?

I have but I know it is an unpopular idea; that being, I have wondered if someone wanted to murder someone in a church. Maybe MB was targeted, I believe she was, but maybe because of her classes being held when and where they were rather than because of another personal factor such as revenge or jealousy. I know it's not a popular idea here but it has been running through my mind.

It appears that the people listed in the search warrant that where considered to be victims are now open to speculation.

I think that the entire list of the people on the search warrant should be posted, using their initials only, so members know who can be speculated about. JMO

I'm still working on screen captures from the surveillance video...arghhh...it's driving me bananas. LOL

here is another pic of the eyes - it's not real clear of course. The killer's eyes are squinted. This is when the killer had tried to pry the 2nd door and was walking away from it at about 1:06 to 1:07.

View attachment 95756
Ohh I can make them out. They look frowned and maybe even slightly crossed.

I'm still working on screen captures from the surveillance video...arghhh...it's driving me bananas. LOL

here is another pic of the eyes - it's not real clear of course. The killer's eyes are squinted. This is when the killer had tried to pry the 2nd door and was walking away from it at about 1:06 to 1:07.

attachment.php
Thank you! I was reviewing the MPD video and I also noted "better faces" at the 1:05-1:06-1:07 mark when the SwatPerp faces the camera, but I have no idea how to get a screenshot or still frame out of the video.

It appears that the people listed in the search warrant that where considered to be victims are now open to speculation.

I think that the entire list of the people on the search warrant should be posted, using their initials only, so members know who can be speculated about. JMO

No thanks. I did that waaay upthread and someone pasted it on another board somewhere on the internet. Not cool! Too bad, because I always liked sharing lists and timelines with WSers. You can make your own list - just look up the SW.

No thanks. I did that waaay upthread and someone pasted it on another board somewhere on the internet. Not cool! Too bad, because I always liked sharing lists and timelines with WSers. You can make your own list - just look up the SW.

Thanks. I have a list. I guess everyone is on their own.

Thank you! I was reviewing the MPD video and I also noted "better faces" at the 1:05-1:06-1:07 mark when the SwatPerp faces the camera, but I have no idea how to get a screenshot or still frame out of the video.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for telling me what SP stands for. #latecomer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am new here to WS, I have read through a lot of the various posts. My suspects have varied from time to time. But certain aspects of the case in my opinion just don’t add up to what I have read in various sources via the Internet etc.

I am looking at The Theory that MB was targeted by a Serial Killer.

[FONT=&quot]Simkin and Roychowdhury note that previous research has suggested a link between epilepsy and criminality (and psychosis), so the possibility that similar processes in the brain may lead to both epileptic seizures and serial murders is not unreasonable. [/FONT][FONT=&quot](Underline and bold by me)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://phys.org/news/2012-01-serial-pattern-based-brain.html[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[h=1]Information on [FONT=&quot]Conversion disorder[/FONT][/h] [FONT=&quot]“The physical symptoms are thought to be an attempt to resolve the conflict the person feels inside. For example, a woman who believes it is not acceptable to have violent feelings may suddenly feel numbness in her arms after becoming so angry that she wanted to hit someone. Instead of allowing herself to have violent thoughts about hitting someone, she experiences the physical symptom of numbness in her arms.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000954.htm

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SP has very unusual walk.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SP appears to swing a hammer that is not typical of a male.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mississippi Killer may be dressed like the Police[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
“It is not unusual for certain types of killers, particularly organized killers, to have an interest in, and even study, law enforcement practices,” Scott A. Bonn, professor of sociology at Drew University, told The Huffington Post.
As an example, Bonn pointed to Dennis Radar, the “BTK (Bind, Torture, Kill) Killer,” who murdered at least 10 people in and around Wichita, Kan., between 1974 and 1991.
“Rader holds a degree in criminal justice and wanted to be a police officer,” Bonn said. “Knowledge of policing techniques makes them more elusive and effective killers, and posing as an officer disarms and lowers the guard of unsuspecting victims.”
Posing as an officer, he added, can also “fulfill a fantasy need of the killer and give him a sense of power, control and authority.”
[FONT=&quot]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/17/mississippi-highway-killer_n_1525226.html[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]MB allegedly receives odd LI message (Not yet confirmed).[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]It was alleged that MB starting acting odd or not herself up to the murder .(News article I can not find, somewhere in thread)?[/FONT]
· SP dressed like a LE officer (Swat type gear).
· SP has an odd walk.
· SP swings hammer not normal to a male.
· SP in my opinion looks relaxed. (in my opinion like he’s done this before).
· The Exterior cams not working day of murder (No word on when they went down or how).
· LE made comment they believe MB was a target.
· LE made comment they believe SP may have taken pics or video.
· Federal agencies were brought in to help (in my opinion bringing in Federal agencies for a small town homicide is at least unusual).
· VERY little information is being disclosed to public (According to Wikipedia, a lot of Serial Killers love the media, LE may not want to feed SP ego).
· A group of Black SUV’s were seen at a location (Not confirmed, but interesting).
· LE releases info on a Nissan Altima that was in Sporting Goods parking lot in the early morning but say they do not have any details. (Odd considering Sporting goods store has quality cameras).

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John Douglas, a former chief of the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit and author of "Mind Hunter," says, "A very conservative estimate is that there are between 35 and 50 active serial killers in the United States" at any given time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
https://www.creators.com/read/diane-dimond/01/12/serial-killers-how-many-are-there

With the information that HAS been provided to the public and information that HAS NOT been provided to public, in my opinion this case points to a Serial Killer.

Welcome to WS! I like your theory and in fact, I had also mentioned this in passing a few threads ago. The only thing preventing me from going fully down that path is the fact that there's been no warning to the public to "be aware". However, I'm not sure that would be done anyway? The somewhat nearby murder of Rev Carol Daniels in 2009 in a similar environment does make this theory worth exploring. Thanks for your informed and well thought out post!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I keep going back to the crime scene, the church.

Why wouldn't the killer want to commit the murder of MS at her home or when she was getting into her car that morning at her home? It would've been easier--no commercial cameras, no commercial-grade doors to break into, it was raining & dark outside, no elaborate costume needed!?

So why have to go through an elaborate costume, feign a B&E inside the church, risk being seen on commercial cameras, & risk gladiators showing up in a tight timeline?

Was the perp concerned about who would find her body inside or just outside MB's home? The innocent ones perhaps?

And was the perp also concerned enough about BB's emotions that they planned this while he was far away?

Those dearest to MB did not have to witness the aftermath of a horrific murder. How nice of the killer to think of the loved ones shock & sorrow.

Imho, this killer was very methodical in their planning.

Tick tock...

All moo

Someone could very well have been overly concerned with BB's emotions, whether BB knows it or not. I usually read the comments sections of most all articles and some of them stick out. Not accusing anyone, but one commenter did make me think someone could have gotten wrapped up emotionally, in BB and BB not even realize it, and this person felt sorry for him for some reason over MB, and was doing him a favor of sorts. I'd also thought that about MB too, that this could be someone who'd been obsessed w/MB, and felt she wasn't returning their friendship in the same manner. I do think it's a woman, and her shoes are over-sized, on purpose. The assailant seems very confident and almost like they're gearing themselves up, by breaking things in the church, I'm guessing they're in good physical shape underneath all that costume too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566