TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to the crime scene, the church.

Why wouldn't the killer want to commit the murder of MS at her home or when she was getting into her car that morning at her home? It would've been easier--no commercial cameras, no commercial-grade doors to break into, it was raining & dark outside, no elaborate costume needed!?

So why have to go through an elaborate costume, feign a B&E inside the church, risk being seen on commercial cameras, & risk gladiators showing up in a tight timeline?

Was the perp concerned about who would find her body inside or just outside MB's home? The innocent ones perhaps?

And was the perp also concerned enough about BB's emotions that they planned this while he was far away?

Those dearest to MB did not have to witness the aftermath of a horrific murder. How nice of the killer to think of the loved ones shock & sorrow.

Imho, this killer was very methodical in their planning.

Tick tock...

All moo

"I can forgive you but only if you turn yourself in"......chilling words spoken by a victim of this heinous crime to someone he suspects.

Moo

So this tells us that whoever killed Missy had hatred for Missy, but was considerate of the rest of the family, and is someone to whom Brandon thinks he is important enough to warrant a confession to get his forgiveness, even knowing they'll be tried for capital murder and face the death penalty.

I keep going back to the crime scene, the church.

Why wouldn't the killer want to commit the murder of MS at her home or when she was getting into her car that morning at her home? It would've been easier--no commercial cameras, no commercial-grade doors to break into, it was raining & dark outside, no elaborate costume needed!?

So why have to go through an elaborate costume, feign a B&E inside the church, risk being seen on commercial cameras, & risk gladiators showing up in a tight timeline?

Was the perp concerned about who would find her body inside or just outside MB's home? The innocent ones perhaps?

And was the perp also concerned enough about BB's emotions that they planned this while he was far away?

Those dearest to MB did not have to witness the aftermath of a horrific murder. How nice of the killer to think of the loved ones shock & sorrow.

Imho, this killer was very methodical in their planning.

Tick tock...

All moo

"I can forgive you but only if you turn yourself in"......chilling words spoken by a victim of this heinous crime to someone he suspects.

Moo

I remember early on many people were on the CT train thinking she was SP. I actually never saw any reason why people thought this. Did I miss something?

All the discussion was on the basis of rumors, and was permitted on this forum outside of the normal rules due to inside information Tricia had from a source. LE later made a statement regarding persons of interest, and now the discussion of that individual is once again off limits.

Could that be a "clean" shirt for SP to put on after the murder jic they are stopped by police for any reason?
Um, SwatPerp seems to have a white shirt on underneath all the gear that is notable in many images in the video at the front neck, back neck, and perhaps a shirt tail hanging down on the right front hip which some posters thought might be a rag or even a phone in a pocket. The object we were talking about at about 2:03-2:07 in the video is something else, lower on the front right thigh, perhaps metal, swings around when the suspect swings with his right arm - keyring?

Attachments

• itemnhand.red box.JPG
    itemnhand.red box.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 97
Um, SwatPerp seems to have a white shirt on underneath all the gear that is notable in many images in the video at the front neck, back neck, and perhaps a shirt tail hanging down on the right front hip which some posters thought might be a rag or even a phone in a pocket. The object we were talking about at about 2:03-2:07 in the video is something else, lower on the front right thigh, perhaps metal, swings around when the suspect swings with his right arm - keyring?

Could they have one of those hidden/ cargo type pockets with a tool in it sticking out the top? It's the right leg, which could maybe account for the strange walk. I'm not sold on that, but it's an option.

All the discussion was on the basis of rumors, and was permitted on this forum outside of the normal rules due to inside information Tricia had from a source. LE later made a statement regarding persons of interest, and now the discussion of that individual is once again off limits.

Did y'all read Tricia's post #1 page 1? May I suggest you go back and read all of it. She has given some leeway since the thread was closed down the other day.

Thanks!

Before we get confused again. :)

Okay. White shirt.

But why take in the white shirt but get rid of the rest of the gear. Especially if someone doesn't want the death penalty that Texas loves to give.

Do we truly think RB would do that while holding a press conference?

Come on. Jmo.

RB loves attention at his age. Plus he loves to defend his son while looking like a great dad who lost a dog.

But it doesn't mean he had anyone killed.

He is just strange like that. Jmo.

He may not be the sharpest tool. But he knows that not every tool needs to be that sharp for the results you want. Jmo. RB had nothing to do with this. He just loved the opportunity to have his face on the news as a retired grandpa living the life. Jmo.

Some people love to show off their boats, whether crappy or not.

This is RB. Jmo.

Did MB and BB live in a neighborhood or in the country, do we know? I think the church was so isolated it would have been better than their house. No neighbors.... but if they lived out in the country, that shoots my theory down.

The isolation of the church (plus the early hour when few would be up and about) leads me to believe that is why it was chosen. Otherwise, it seems the obvious place would have been outside the home. That said, I can see a theory that the killer wanted to do it away from the rest of the family and spare them finding her dead. Trying to determine which makes this difficult to solve - along with other factors like motive.

A pain to who? LE? How would RB know that the people in the cleaners would report the bloody shirt to LE? Why would they be mad at being questioned? How would this cause LE any pain?

I'm not buying this theory.

He made a point of announcing to the clerk that he was the father-in-law of the murdered Missy.....Practically begging them to alert LE, IMO. I agree, that the shirt is probably VB's with dog blood, but the whole exercise on his part, is odd. Attention seeking. JMO.......................LE has accepted his alibi, that he was nowhere near Midlothian so couldn't be the killer. That's all.

11 Pages to catch up on... been a while. Gotta catch up before an arrest. :findinglink:

One request if I can get any agreement. Let's drop the bloody shirt thing. Yes that is one of the most bizarre side shows I could even concoct in the middle of a murder investigation. And most of us wouldn't take it/them to the dry cleaners under these circumstances. Even if it was the Shroud of Turin. BUT R B has had his alibi verified by LE. That trumps any possibility there is any MB blood on it. Chaulk it up to bizarre and let's move onto items that could have relevancy. Ps. If LE thought there was even 0.1% chance of being Missy's blood it wouldn't be standing in the back of the line until June. TIA!!

Labs don't prioritize. They have a bunch of testing to do, and they're handled first come, first served. A month to 6 weeks is standard for DNA tests to come back.

Just throwing these up for discussion again, the left is the 3 dimensional object once thought to be ehhemm seran, the second is a close up of the item strapped to the right thigh. it does have a certain amount of motion to it in the video during the swing. I have an idea what it may be but will refrain for now.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• thing (2).PNG
    thing (2).PNG
    7.7 KB · Views: 769
  • tool (2).PNG
    tool (2).PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 764
I know I haven't been able to get any super clear shots, but IMO, the killer took such great pains to conceal his/her identity and apparently did not leave much evidence behind...and the only way to identify this creep is thru the eyes in that video. That's why I'm going to keep trying with those screen captures.

I had typed this out to post and then the thread went on vacation so I saved it.

Working in my yard enjoying the nice weather, came in for a cool off break and catching up. I had a thought earlier.. WE do not know that MB didn't get in a few punches or even knock the helmet off or maybe gloves or whatever. We are just assuming that the Suspect left in same in tact get up as we saw. Could have been why the tools that were left behind
LEO knows what is on the video that has not been released, and have chosen their words carefully.
Furthermore... could also be one reason for the change in height during the reconstruction.. JMHO

"A police spokesman says officers arrived at the church to find broken glass and other signs of a struggle between Bevers and her alleged assailant."
http://www.people.com/article/husband-of-slain-fitness-instructor-breaks-silence

Midlothian police said the person who may have killed Bevers was dressed in "tactical gear" with police markings, including a heavy helmet, gloves and military-style battle-dress pants. Midlothian Chief of Police Carl Smith said the person was "designed to look like a police officer."
EMS workers noted broken glass and other signs of a struggle near Bevers' body. Police searched the building and determined there were visible signs of forced entry.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

JMHO

No doubt about it in my mind.

Someone posted posted a long time ago that LE is having the shirt tested not because they feel that it's connected to this crime but to prevent a future defense lawyer from telling a jury that RB or someone else wearing the shirt is the real killer and not their client.

The testing is to positively eliminate the shirt as a possible defense tool. JMO

I was the one who posted that I thought it was a phone in a pocket. Thanks for all your hard work MrsPC!! I 2nd the poster above who said your work was great!!! I had read you were looking for a better photo to enhance for the white thing in the pocket and whether or not it is a shirt sticking out. I went onto the u-tube video and slowed it down and slow as I could and grabbed a screen shot with my snipping tool, then saved it and blew it up in Office picture viewer. I still think it is something in the pocket and IMHO it is a white cell phone. Anyway, here is the picture for what its worth, maybe Mrs PC can enhance it better to give us all a clearer view of the object.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-tx1-2.png
    Capture-tx1-2.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 666
  • Capture-tx1-22.png
    Capture-tx1-22.png
    686.8 KB · Views: 667
Maybe the reason for killing MB at the church instead of her house was because SP is related to her children and didn't want them to witness violence or find her body.
It's also interesting that the perp picked a time when they knew her daughter was not with her. I too thought that someone wanted to possiblity make sure the children were not involved with the horrible murder in any way that would be traumatic.

Labs don't prioritize. They have a bunch of testing to do, and they're handled first come, first served. A month to 6 weeks is standard for DNA tests to come back.

Helpful article about why DNA tests take a long time here:

http://intrensic.blogspot.com/2009/06/why-does-dna-testing-take-so-long.html

"A lab that can do it in 30 days is doing a great job. 60 days is acceptable. This still seems like a long time for one test, doesn't it? Except that it's not one test - it's several tests. And it's not one piece of evidence. To conserve overall time and cost, labs batch together cases and test them simultaneously. (Trust me, without batching, it would take even longer.) "

The important takeaway for me is that if police were able to get any DNA from the crime scene, that is being tested in addition to the dry cleaner shirt. All DNA from the MB case, as a whole, is being tested together.

The isolation of the church (plus the early hour when few would be up and about) leads me to believe that is why it was chosen. Otherwise, it seems the obvious place would have been outside the home. That said, I can see a theory that the killer wanted to do it away from the rest of the family and spare them finding her dead. Trying to determine which makes this difficult to solve - along with other factors like motive.
Texas passed the open carry gun law. I think SP choose the church as a location they were confident she would not have her gun on her, IMO.

Can anyone tell me for sure that some DNA or other forensic testing doesn't get moved up? I really don't know but if it does would think this case might....As I said know nothing about it.

Texas passed the open carry gun law. I think SP choose the church as a location they were confident she would not have her gun on her, IMO.
Does open carry not allow guns in a Church? I am on the East Coast so I don't know at all.

Can anyone tell me for sure that some DNA or other forensic testing doesn't get moved up? I really don't know but if it does would think this case might....As I said know nothing about it.

Not usually, in my observation. Unfortunately, Missy isn't the only victim of violence and there are other cases awaiting analysis that are equally "important." LE has to get in line with each case and wait for a turn.

I'm sure there are cases that get priority, but with Missy, I don't think it would qualify.

Just my observations from watching cases on WS. I'm no expert.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member