TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, quick poll part iii

thumbs up if you are undecided and veer wildly between believing they/we/you have cracked it or feeling a helpless sense of doom and failure.... All depending on the mood you're in, how hungry/tired/grumpy you feel, and which pair of eyes you last looked at.

bingo!!!

Big props to the members who answered the question on what a 'grand jury' is.

I think police know whodunnit and are just getting their ducks in a row! But, I have been known to be wrong before!

And what would your middle option be?

I know it's not really as clear cut as a yay or nay!

I think they're still in the surveillance and evidence-gathering stages. Might have an idea who's responsible, but they are having to cast the net wide because it's a complicated case with at least a few players. And it may merge with other ongoing investigations - eg. The ECSO stolen evidence and bad cops (are there more?) and possibly even illegal drug activity in local athletic circles. (Former cop Slaughter had illegal steroids as well as guns confiscated from his mobile home.)

JMO, MOO, etc...

Okay. Last note.

BB and dad and stepmom all decided to clarify the Kilo (dog) situation.

But none of them never clarified the person that went on BB trip and helped drive him back.

What the Fizzle are we missing?

A lover.

A wife of his old child friend

Or a same sex lover.

Or a person that never wants to be mentioned nor sluethed.

he said it was his cousin.

I think they are doing all they can. I also think that not releasing the 911 tapes could be due to the fact we know there were at least 2 calls made. LE knows who made those calls and the info surrounding them. In my mind, those people are a non issue - they are in a sense victims too and are under no suspicion. Releasing the tapes could give us (the sleuthers) a lot to discuss but that would be questions LE already knows the answers to and we aren't privy to. IOW, info Le has thats not in question gets held close to keep from putting those callers thru unnecessary scrutiny. And, the caller(s) could have described what they saw in detail and LE doesn't want that info released and I can see why. I'd rather sit on the tapes then release a tape bleeped out to the point its useless. JMO
I thought maybe if tapes were released some might recognize voices and do as you stated also.

I think they're still in the surveillance and evidence-gathering stages. Might have an idea who's responsible, but they are having to cast the net wide because it's a complicated case with at least a few players. And it may merge with other ongoing investigations - eg. The ECSO stolen evidence and bad cops (are there more?) and possibly even illegal drug activity in local athletic circles. (Former cop Slaughter had illegal steroids as well as guns confiscated from his mobile home.)

JMO, MOO, etc...

Totally agree with your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone

Left is a former PO arrested after (former officer) Phillip Slaughter, I can't remember his name but he left ECSO in Dec 2015 and after MB murder for not destroying firearms but instead pawning them for money. Right is actual SP who is still TBD.

IMP

Thanks Istiff! :)

To me, the noses look off. The picture on the left has a wider nose between the eyes then the picture on the right.

.....short of doing it outside her house in the dark & in the rain....without cameras or fancy outfit needed. So why not at the house while she was getting in her vehicle? Hmmmm....

Catching up so sorry if this has been addressed already - I think the killer wanted Ms. Bevers in a confined space, with little chance of escaping. Attempts outside could have failed. I also believe this killer wanted Ms. Bevers to know who was killing her. And what I only hope to be another consideration is that killing her away from her house , her body would be discovered by adults. Can't imagine her body at her house. The killer may or may not have been thinking this, but maybe it's a little comfort to us. ( I really don' think this killer thought about anything or anyone other than the "mission").

As a local, Our "curiosity" and our "need to know now" mentality could jeopardize this case. I am by no means a crime scene expert, but I can only imagine that there are things that perhaps only a killer or accomplice could know and LE has a very good reason for keeping some things out of the general public's hand at this time.

I have been very proud of our local community's restraint as I know many read here. I feel certain there are some interesting insights and knowledge we could share but do not out of respect not only for her family, but of the investigation. Kudos to the reporter and agency that did not feel a need to report publically the response to the records request. This isn't about who can share a scoop first ... If it was, locals would be on here all day long.

Sorry to sound snarky...it isn't my usual temperament. The people in our town want justice for Missy and her girls. We have faith that our local LE with assistance from the best of the best have this. We know an arrest may not be imminent, but one will come. We are not fearful of this going unsolved, nor are we fearful of a killer on the loose.

:facepalm: Respectfully BBM. .. I so agree ! Just shows that MSM were not sitting on their hands. I pray this being posted here does not harm the investigation, SMH... Its just as I have suspected all along there is stuff sealed. But posting this now will go across the internet and do more harm than it ever could do helping.

Agree 100%. As assistant chief Johnson said at the 5/20 presser, people need to call in tips no matter how small or insignificant you might think they are. He said that in some cases it is a small tip that can lead to breaking a case wide open. So even LE themselves don't want people to wait on the sidelines to be told results. We just need to use common sense and not do anything that is detrimental. There is a big middle ground that we can walk, inbetween the two extremes of "LE knows everything and we need to do nothing" and "we know everything and they know nothing."
:ditto::yeahthat:

Hope this news about the weapon does not jeapordize this investigation, and I don't believe it will. I just doubt that this would be because of a LEO at the scene drawing his gun...because of the dog that was brought into the church, and also the presence of BATF...jmo,though.

I can't help but think there could possibly be a link between the rogue LE, stolen guns & Missy's death. I have always maintained that Missy either saw something or heard something that she shouldn't have seen or heard. Missy was always up & about in the early morning hours to get ready for her classes. There's not a lot of good things happening between 3 am & 4 am. It would actually be a good time for criminals to be out & about. This is all JMO.

My momma always said "Nothing good happens after midnight".

Along your line of thinking...MB was at the church in the wee hours of the morning~~Could it be that a weapons deal went down earlier maybe days or weeks prior to her murder and the individuals involved thought she might have seen it happen from the church? Could that be why LE is searching for that car? Could the car have been involved with a weapons deal at the SWFA store?

Sorry, I just realized the timing would have been off.....

We are on thread #26 and although I stopped following this for a little while since I wasn't comfortable with a lot of the finger pointing going on, I have tried to catch up on the latest.

I'm still leaning very heavily toward my first impression, which was that Missy *was not targeted* and she really did walk in on a burglary. For whatever reason (mental instability, fear and adrenaline rush, believing he/she wouldn't be able be out of the area before 911 responded, et. etc. and who knows why else) the person who broke into the church panicked and killed her rather than just running away.

Left is a former PO arrested after (former officer) Phillip Slaughter, I can't remember his name but he left ECSO in Dec 2015 and was arrested after MB murder for not destroying firearms but instead pawning them for money. Right is actual SP who is still TBD.
IMP

I think the poster may have used the photo of the most recent LE arrested, lstiff - (Smith). Slaughter was the first one arrested and is balding with bigger eyes. I'll see if I can round up their photos.

ETA: here are their two photos (click forward arrow on the photo):

http://m.waxahachietx.com/news/20160504/2nd-deputy-arrested-in-gun-theft-case

Pictured is Thomas Glen Smith who was the 2nd deputy arrested. Slaughter's photo can be seen if you click on the photo of Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni