TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Arlington police arrested a Saginaw man suspected of robbing a store Thursday while wearing tactical gear and carrying a fake assault-style rifle.

About 1:30 p.m., police responded to a robbery in the 1100 block of East Pioneer Parkway, near South Collins Street, where a victim told officers a man had entered the store wearing a “raid-syle” vest with SWAT printed on the back. The man was also wearing tactical pants and carrying an assault style rifle, which turned out to be an Airsoft BB gun."

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ke-rifle-arrested-shortly-after-robbery.html/

Perp robs store wearing tactical gear. It happens.

Yes, what jumps out there is that there actually was a robbery with things taken and nothing suggests that the perp was wearing anything that would hinder their movement, unlike SwatPerp who didn't take anything and had an awkard setup hindering their movement. BB himself just recently shot down the burglary/robbery angle:
“There’s no reason why an individual would break into a church, dressed in that type of clothing and stage a robbery, or what would appear to be a robbery – going through the building, breaking glass and opening doors,” he told People. “If that person was really there to commit a robbery, why did they kill my wife and leave her wedding ring on her finger?”
In the linked article above where the perp shot someone with a BB gun, they also stole money rather than leaving empty-handed, like also with the military dress perps in the other crime, they got away with about $8K worth of items. When people are there to rob/burglarize in tactical gear, they actually do that rather than leave empty-handed even when someone has gotten shot.

"Two young military men"

"wearing
military-style tactical clothing"

...and carrying rifles.

[* Notice that:
They were wearing something that, they were "familiar" with
(something that they 'identified' with.)

In this case, it was an "identifying" feature.
It turned out to be: "Two young military men"]

```````
(In one of my previous postings, in regard to the Terri Bevers case,
I mentioned this question, in regard to the clothes that were worn (who they belonged to):

"Has this person been in the military?"
(because, that would be someone who was included in those that
are interested in/buy, that 'type' of gear.)

``````
The outfit worn in Terri Bevers case.
(in regard to, who it belonged to):
Why did they have it (to begin with)

(One reason is)
They "like" it.
[The question is: "Why", do they like that 'type' of stuff.]

`````
Some people believe it may have been worn for reason of:
to hide
identity.

[I believe it may have possibly been - the opposite.
It may have possibly been, an "identifying" feature.]

(At the very least, it shows what 'type' of stuff that they, "like".
And most/if not all people don't usually wear something that they "don't like".)

The person (who all that garb belongs to) "likes" that stuff.

I'd love to ask these 3 questions of any LE or affiliated who might be reading in here:

1. Have they ever seen security cam video of a burglary that intermittently covered a timespan of 30 minutes in which NOTHING was seen taken or even stashed near an exit?

2. (If LE) - if they've drawn their gun to search the premises, have they reported their own gun's serial # on their incident reports?

3. In a crime scene such as Missy's, if a gun registered to her was found legally carried out of sight in her car, would the serial number of her gun be written up in the incident report?

I can see a serial number being written down possibly in the 3rd scenario if for some reason Missy had her gun in sight on the seat (as it might be unknown at first if perp had deposited his gun in there during his getaway), but #1 and #2 seem less likely, IMO.

1. yes (this suprised me but I asked my husband what they were doing and he said "looking for drugs"...keep in mind this was in the city and he said he has only seen this situation where they didn't take anything "only a few times")

2. No ("in this city the serial number is only put in incident reports if the gun is discharged or reported stolen and internal affairs automatically investigates as well as per policy")

3. Yes for evidence, as it would be part of the evidence inventory of her car. They would also run the serial number to make sure it wasn't stolen, which he says is policy where he works but was likely done in this case as well. Not trying to say she had a stolen gun at all but apparently they usually run the serial numbers, or are supposed to

Hope that helps. He has been in LE in a major city for ten years and is also in the military, keep in mind we are in a large east coast city so it might be different in Texas but these were his answers. Ps-he said those were good questions

Okay. So a bit ofactivity. Let’s quick review all ourhypotheses.
We know somewhere between 30% to 35% of the facts on thiscase. Through LE, MSM, and maybe alittle bit of sleuthing or personal knowledge. Note that often LE shares a ton more info with vic-families. #1. They are kind of working for them to get justice. #2. They need help (who’s who, give them a launching pad toinvestigate). So family knows a lotmore than you are I. Now if theydirected anything is another question at the next stage. Even BB said, “Question us”
The biggest areas where we have a blind spot is communications. Who talked to who. When. What did they say. Text. E-mail. Conversation. Collaboratedconversation. Who went to the gym when,that she stopped going to. And theyprobably have a much better SP “picture” than we have. No disrespect to Sparky or Bat.
And now somewhere in this whole ordeal is a gun. And that’s pretty big. And we even have an undisclosed ID number;for what it’s worth. So LE isstrategically maintaining confidentiality on key items. Like calling the outside cameras intermittent. Convenient word. Could be 1/99 or 99/1 working vs not. We kind of figured.
Some have said it must be closely related to LE to have goneoff without a hitch. So far. #1. Almost everyone has a connection (friend, relative, church member) to LEso I guess that’s imperatively true. Iwouldn’t narrow it down that far. #2. I think we can say this is a prettyintelligent individual who can put together and execute a decently elaborateplan. We’re 7 weeks into it and s/he’swalking around yet. There are somepretty capable people out there (inside and outside LE) so I don’t think we canor need to narrow it down. If not sharp,they were at least coached by someone pretty sharp.
I also think the LE/Stolen gun issue probably isn’trelated. It’s another one of those “man,there’s a lot of twists and turns here.” But it might explain why a swarm of LE agencies almost immediatelyconverged on the place. LE can’t policethemselves. They need outside agenciesto maintain independence. This gives mesome comfort that the crime scene was adequately processed. Fast? Seems so. But from pictures,there were a ton of LE there. “Many hands make work like” concept.
So IF there is a gun here. And my bet is there is. Was itthe murder weapon? IF it was, and Isuspect it may at least have contributed. The coroner would be able to tell us whether the tool attack (hammer?)happened pre-, during, or post-mortem.
IF it was mainly postmortem, this is a very personal attack. Pretty sure.
Now I’m going to go back to one of my first reactions when Ifirst heard the story. The SP attackedher head and chest with the tool/hammer. Attacked her chest??? That’sreally really unusually. I consider thata strong clue. Wouldn’t cross any of ourminds I would think. Unless that meantsomething. Symbolized something. Who dislikes or has a problem with enhancedchests? Usually not men. Men are visual. They often don’t care. Non-enhanced women often are the biggest detractors. Makes me lean toward a female perp and apassion motive.
So theory #1 (by a little bit) is an intelligent,aggressive, scorned female. Probablylawyered up.
Theory #2 is a hit. Male SP. Sleuthing the SW list. We know BB and RB were gone. If I were LE I’d scour their phone contactsthe month prior to the murder. Which I’massuming they did. If there is adisposable phone floating around, I’m really looking at who that connectedwith. There is a decent amount of $$there. VP’s. Successful business people. Money can’t make you happy but it can buy youthings. Frankly; can buy you aboutanything, esp when in large amounts. Itcan buy things that are hard to find or catch or connect. Then we might be in a bit of trouble.
I’m looking at the finances of the B’s the past6 months. What financial was sheinvolved with. I bet they have. Like I started with: we’ve got maybe 30% to35% of the info. If we have 100% ofwhat’s known, I think we’d have a pretty strong suspicion. And we’ve got to believe LE does too. The question is whether we have enoughevidence to prove it.

"Two young military men"

"wearing
military-style tactical clothing"

[* Notice that: They were wearing something that, they were "familiar" with.]and carrying rifles.
Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I've been involved with LE for over 17 years with the last 9 specifically in burglary and violent crimes. I've seen hundreds of videos where a perp has broken into a building (commercial, school, church, etc) with some type of disguise. They've worn everything from ninja outfits, tactical gear to mascot uniforms. I seen the exact type of nonchalant, slow and easy walk that the SP in the video is showing especially when breaking into churches, schools or buildings that are not frequented at night ANDthey know a security system which alerts police is not in place. In these types of burglaries the perp may be in the habitation for hours. IMO this isn't a staged burglary to cover up a pre-meditated murder. I know a lot of people are stuck on the fact that the SP didn't take the wedding ring. It's because the SP was in a frantic state after the altercation and wanted to get out quick. If this had been a pre-meditated murder the last thing a perp would do is be caught on camera and would've certainly chosen a much easier path. The SP also knows that they are on camera because they looked right at the camera. Simply put, the SP didn't go to the church with the intention to commit murder.

Of course, this is all just my opinion based on years of experience. As mentioned previously, I've seen the behavior the SP displays many, many times in burglary videos. The SP is very comfortable being in a building that they burglarized and I'm very sure this person has been doing this for a long time.

Yes, what jumps out there is that there actually was a robbery with things taken and nothing suggests that the perp was wearing anything that would hinder their movement, unlike SwatPerp who didn't take anything and had an awkard setup hindering their movement. BB himself just recently shot down the burglary/robbery angle:
“There’s no reason why an individual would break into a church, dressed in that type of clothing and stage a robbery, or what would appear to be a robbery – going through the building, breaking glass and opening doors,” he told People. “If that person was really there to commit a robbery, why did they kill my wife and leave her wedding ring on her finger?”
In the linked article above where the perp shot someone with a BB gun, they also stole money rather than leaving empty-handed, like also with the military dress perps in the other crime, they got away with about $8K worth of items. When people are there to rob/burglarize in tactical gear, they actually do that rather than leave empty-handed even when someone has gotten shot.

Something that surprised me was that BB was wearing MB's wedding ring on a chain around his neck at the memorial for MB. I was surprised because it had been returned to BB already when I had expected that everything on her person was still bagged in evidence until all forensic testing could be completed. For instance, MB could have backhanded at SP's upper face and scratched him with the ring, or reached at his neck or wrist and skin cells may have transferred, or fibers from anywhere on SP's outfit. Sure, clear the truck and return that; but I would have thought everything with the body would still be in evidence for a long time.

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I've been involved with LE for over 17 years with the last 9 specifically in burglary and violent crimes. I've seen hundreds of videos where a perp has broken into a building (commercial, school, church, etc) with some type of disguise. They've worn everything from ninja outfits, tactical gear to mascot uniforms. I seen the exact type of nonchalant, slow and easy walk that the SP in the video is showing especially when breaking into churches, schools or buildings that are not frequented at night ANDthey know a security system which alerts police is not in place. In these types of burglaries the perp may be in the habitation for hours. IMO this isn't a staged burglary to cover up a pre-meditated murder. I know a lot of people are stuck on the fact that the SP didn't take the wedding ring. It's because the SP was in a frantic state after the altercation and wanted to get out quick. If this had been a pre-meditated murder the last thing a perp would do is be caught on camera and would've certainly chosen a much easier path. The SP also knows that they are on camera because they looked right at the camera. Simply put, the SP didn't go to the church with the intention to commit murder.

Of course, this is all just my opinion based on years of experience. As mentioned previously, I've seen the behavior the SP displays many, many times in burglary videos. The SP is very comfortable being in a building that they burglarized and I'm very sure this person has been doing this for a long time.

What gets me is why there would be such an altercation in the first place. The only reason a burglar would have for ongoing fighting with Missy would be if she was trying to apprehend them. This wasn't just a matter of doing a glancing blow with a hammer that happened to kill her while in the process of fleeing, but involved multiple blows perhaps with both sides of a hammer if not other weapons as well, which is far beyond what is needed to escape from being apprehended from a fitness instructor, which I have yet to see any evidence from either character testimony or known physical evidence to show that Missy was actively trying to catch this person rather than she herself trying to get away from them or at least not trying to pick a fight. Needlessly killing someone takes you to whole other level criminality in years you can face where commercial burglary is relatively minor and non-fatally striking someone in an attempt to flee escalates the sentence, but doing repeated blows to kill someone takes the crime to a whole other level in sentencing where just the repeated blows in and of themselves could make it M1 versus facing 2 years max for commercial burglary or 2 years min for assault versus facing life/DP for electing to engage in an altercation. Also if the perp had such insider knowledge of the security system, wouldn't that tend to make them know that CG has been going on there in the mornings for ages?

Maybe the whole thing was about vandalism , not burglary
Maybe someone was upset with the church , not with a particular person
There seemed to be a lot of excessive damage done

JMO, just a thought, one of many, changing daily

imagejpeg

Exactly. You spelled this out perfectly imo and I cannot thank this post enough. The helmet, covering under the helmet, padded vest and pants and the boots not only served as a disguise but the perp also was likely trying to protect themselves from any defensive wounds from Missy and leaving physical evidence of themselves at the scene. Covering their hair, face and whole body did lower the risk of leaving DNA evidence but it's still possible some was found if the scene was processed closely. I don't think we will know if the killer was successful in not leaving a fingerprint or a hair, or anything else containing their DNA at the scene until an arrest and maybe not until trial depending on what is released to the media after an arrest is made.

If there was a fingerprint found, if the perp has ever had fingerprints taken for any reason (criminal, military, employment) the FBI will be able to cross check it with their database. I just researched this further bc when I first got mine done for work in 2007, I was told the FBI wouldn't store them if everything came back fine. But according to this article, as of February 2015 the FBI is now keeping all fingerprints on file from any employment check, even if you have no criminal background, and will check fingerprints submitted from crime scenes against all fingerprints in the database, including those in the database solely due to a required clearance for employment (here's a link in case anyone is interested in article):

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/09/little-fanfare-fbi-ramps-biometrics-programs-yet-again-part-1

I do wonder if there was some touch DNA left if the perp had any skin cells or oils, or sweat that could have come in contact with even a tiny area on a murder weapon, on Missy, or maybe while breaking into the church. Dead skin cells and hair (different than touch DNA and more likely to get accurate profile) naturally come off our bodies everyday so maybe during a struggle some DNA could have been left that way. I know touch DNA doesn't always provide enough to conclusively identify a suspect but it can provide partial profiles that have some use if they have some other known samples of poi's to compare to. I have not heard if LE took elimination DNA samples from those who found missy, rendered her aid, and were on scene, but it's possible all of that testing could be a potential hold up in an arrest.

Regardless, the prosecutor is most definitely advising LE on whether or not they currently have enough evidence that would be admissiable in court for a conviction, and what evidence they may still need. They also can compel grand jury testimony if there is one convened now or in the future for this case, and decide if an immunity deal is worth it if the perp had help before or after and the prosecutor feels their testimony is nescessary for a conviction and worth immunity (just a hypothetical, not suggesting anything, I personally think this person acted alone but think some close to them have very strong suspicions). I would also make an educated guess that the prosecutor has watched any significant interrogations that have taken place with potential suspects and could have helped come up with the scope of certain interrogations that might help in court later on. This could very likely be a Capital Case and I think if the prosecutor feels there's strong evidence to prove any of the elements needed for a Capital Case to proceed in Texas they will do so but not until they have gathered and reviewed all evidence closely. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in order to file felony charges against someone in Texas a grand jury must agree that there's probable cause and issue a true bill (felony indictment) so this will be going in front of a grand jury at some point.

Sorry for the long post

Great observations and amazing post!

Sent from my iPhone

I like this post, even though I have believed targeted from day one. I am considering interrupted robbery because one thing has always bothered me. Every time I read of it being so well planned I wonder how that could be not knowing until that morning it was going to rain and cause the class to be inside.

Seeing a certain someone in tactical like gear teaching a defense class gave me chills. That same someone made a post on their Instagram account discrediting the work of the MPD with a picture of two cops parked together in the middle of the night. Idk it just sent something down my spine when I just saw it. This person was named in the affidavits.

I like this post, even though I have believed targeted from day one. I am considering interrupted robbery because one thing has always bothered me. Every time I read of it being so well planned I wonder how that could be not knowing until that morning it was going to rain and cause the class to be inside.

I know exactly what you are saying.
it has been said that Missy had access to the inside regardless of weather, bathrooms etc.
I am with you about burglary or vandalism, but there is a good chance she would have entered the building on any given exercise day, before class.

What bothers me about that theory is u go threw all this trouble to appear the way you do but you don't bring a duffle bag a backpack? Something to carry stolen items. Where I live it's illegal to walk around with a backpack and pliers and crowbar. Possession of burglary tools is a crime and they generally carry them in a bag of some sort.

Very true, there is indeed still a killer on the loose.

In regard to, could this person possibly harm (or kill) someone else, in the future at some point in time.

They did it once, so sure...they could possibly harm (or kill) someone else, "again".

For example:
(If a female did this, and say it was about: jealousy)
What might happen, if they get "jealous", again.

If they found her "online",
couldn't it be possible they might find someone else "online".

Another thing is:
It isn't known "who" did this.
What is their "past history"? (Who knows)
Have they harmed (or killed) anyone, before, this happened? (Who knows)

It is known that they did it THIS time. So,
look at what this person IS "capable" of doing.

(Perhaps that "local" was also implying, that they do not believe that anyone else is in a "high risk" group.)
But even in regard to that, what would a "high risk" group be? (Since, we don't even know "why" this person killed her.)
It seems that she WAS a "target".
However, "why", did the person "target"
her?

She was a "local" and was killed at a "local" place (- where she, a "local", was going to be at.)

Was this person a "local"?
(If so, then the killer is walking amongst them, locally.)

I don't understand how "locals" (of all people) could say they are 'not' fearful. ('Some' are saying that. That doesn't mean that they "all" think that.)
I would imagine that some of them "are" taking some extra precautions.
(For example: Might not be going on FACEbook now. Might not be out by themselves in the wee hours of the morning. Might be 'looking over their shoulder' to try to make sure they aren't being "stalked".) (etc.)

As a local, I am okay during the day, but have set my FB to the tightest security there is. I also now not only lock my door with a deadbolt but latch it as well. I also no longer go out late in the evening without my husband. So yes, I am a bit scared but also much more cautious, than I was prior to this. I have first hand knowledge that there are some in our community who are very scared, so not all locals feel the same.

Sent from my iPhone

I think it was Missy's routine regardless of the weather to go inside, like even if there's perfect weather campers still need access to restroom facilities and she might also do things like prepare water for the campers irrespective of the weather.

What bothers me about that theory is u go threw all this trouble to appear the way you do but you don't bring a duffle bag a backpack? Something to carry stolen items. Where I live it's illegal to walk around with a backpack and pliers and crowbar. Possession of burglary tools is a crime and they generally carry them in a bag of some sort.

imo a killer would welcome rain. It would wash away what evidence might have been left otherwise(shoe impressions, shoe size, make of shoe, where to buy said shoe, tire markings, etc.). Advantage killer

I read it here at WS, many threads ago.
The FD statement was made by a poster, a local person
There were no links
It was part of his post

Maybe that local person saw the same check in that I did. There wouldn't have been a link because we are not allowed to do so. There were other things that were removed from her page as well.

Sent from my iPhone

With apologies, I scoured her facebook before it was memorialized and I never saw mention of a visit to a fire station. She did not mention this on her facebook iirc. Perhaps you heard it elsewhere.

This was info from a local who posted early in. Never was verified.

I have been following along since day one, maybe i have forgotten a lot that has been in the many threads.
But, if I recall, there is no video (that we have seen) of SP entering or leaving the building.
SP is picked up on video after h/she is inside.
I don't think we know what H/she arrived or left with as far as a bag, backpack.
And then there is that vest. Things could be hidden in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member