TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Razz (and many other posters). I think I have my head wrapped around that theory now. I can also understand why there are unlinked reports that the campers, once they got up under the awning, could see MB through the glass in that vestibule area. So SP prepped the vestibule by propping open the interior door(s), then SP was lying in wait in the vestibule while MB went around to the main west side high overhang doors, SP knowing MB would enter and then would come down the main hallway to those vestibule doors to exit back to her truck. This theory reinforces targeted for murder and not a burglary because SP could have just pushed those doors and exited himself instead of lying in wait. This contradicts the LE supposition that the SP exited the way they had entered (NE), or contradicts that SP was never seen on camera again (would have gone down some hallway with a camera). I wonder if the dogs were able to track SP's path (LE had no comment on whether the dogs gave any repsonses iirc).

Can anyone see in the upper glass of the propped open interior vestibule door (at mark 1:48) - what is that, a reflection?
I am guessing the dogs could not pick up SP'S scent on his/her getaway path because of the heavy downpours. I think before police were able to put 2+2 together, all footprints on the outside had been washed away.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Thanks, Razz (and many other posters). I think I have my head wrapped around that theory now. I can also understand why there are unlinked reports that the campers, once they got up under the awning, could see MB through the glass in that vestibule area. So SP prepped the vestibule by propping open the interior door(s), then SP was lying in wait in the vestibule while MB went around to the main west side high overhang doors, SP knowing MB would enter and then would come down the main hallway to those vestibule doors to exit back to her truck. This theory reinforces targeted for murder and not a burglary because SP could have just pushed those doors and exited himself instead of lying in wait. This contradicts the LE supposition that the SP exited the way they had entered (NE), or contradicts that SP was never seen on camera again (would have gone down some hallway with a camera). I wonder if the dogs were able to track SP's path (LE had no comment on whether the dogs gave any repsonses iirc).

Can anyone see in the upper glass of the propped open interior vestibule door (at mark 1:48) - what is that, a reflection?

I agree with your theory, but have two questions and would like the input of others. It was reported that she was found with shards of glass around her. Where in the vestibule would the glass come from? The doors?
Also, do you think Missy would have reacted strangely to seeing the inner doors propped open? I take everything that LE says very literally, and don't assume what they do not say is true. So they said they don't have video of the attack, but I wonder if they have video of Missy acting strangely before she encounters SP? If I were approaching some doors that are never open and they were propped open, I would probably look noticeably concerned.

Here is a plan of the church hallways. I have placed the hallway seen in the very end of the video to the East side of the building. IMO that's the only side that fits the lack of windows/ doors across the sanctuary, where you see the perp exiting door number 12. Corrections and additions welcome, as always.
NIN - how do you do this! Wonderful. On the east side behind the sanctuary, there are windows on the exterior (arkansasmimi says at least 5 sets - photo below, see dumpster), but your placement looks correct for the long hallway without many doors. storage?

Attachments

• church outside kitchen propane dumpsters.jpg
    church outside kitchen propane dumpsters.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 96

You did a great job with that theory! That is exactly how I have envisioned MB's movements from the beginning. As you point out, it doesn't necessarily jibe with SP leaving through the NE corner without being seen again on camera. I still cannot rectify those two statements. The theory that you and SteveS laid out last night seem to have a plausible explanation though.

Because, SP is familiar with Missy's routine. She had been at Creekside doing the 5:00 am for 3 years?! (during that time there had to be a number of rain days.) SP knew exactly where MB would enter and knew where to attack her without cameras. It also appears to be dark in the vestibule. Another plus.

RBBM

Exactly. I think that was MB's routine every morning. While she may not have pulled under the SW awning for cover from the rain, I suspect that she went around to unlock the main doors and then reentered the parking lot through the SW doors. In the rain and for classes held indoors, she would have started to carry any items into the church. On a normal day, she would have started unloading her items into the parking lot. She probably opened the doors (to give access to the bathroom and water fountain) first thing as part of her routine. SP knew her routine IMO.

NIN - how do you do this! Wonderful. On the east side behind the sanctuary, there are windows on the exterior (arkansasmimi says at least 5 sets - photo below, see dumpster), but your placement looks correct for the long hallway without many doors. storage?

Good point! I don't know. Any input is appreciated.

-Nin

You did a great job with that theory! That is exactly how I have envisioned MB's movements from the beginning. As you point out, it doesn't necessarily jibe with SP leaving through the NE corner without being seen again on camera. I still cannot rectify those two statements. The theory that you and SteveS laid out last night seem to have a plausible explanation though.

RBBM

Exactly. I think that was MB's routine every morning. While she may not have pulled under the SW awning for cover from the rain, I suspect that she went around to unlock the main doors and then reentered the parking lot through the SW doors. In the rain and for classes held indoors, she would have started to carry any items into the church. On a normal day, she would have started unloading her items into the parking lot. She probably opened the doors (to give access to the bathroom and water fountain) first thing as part of her routine. SP knew her routine IMO.
This is also PoirityinMotion's theory as well. However, and this makes sense, PoirityinMotion
feels ( or did feel) that MB got bopped before she could unlock the SW inside doors so she wouldn't be able to escape.

NIN! Thank you! You just helped tremendously in understanding the entire scene. Terrific job!
Having similar thoughts to cfreyja23 about glass at the scene. Is it possible the shards of glass were from restroom mirror?

One shiny object is part of the door push, the two further left appear to be a wheelchair wheel. Often churches will offer wheelchairs at their entrances to assist elderly and disabled folks.

Thank you Batbrat!

Thoughts anyone? If SP was hiding in the vestibule wouldn't MB have seen her/him? Isn't the vestibule the space between the two sets of glass double doors? In my mind, I would have thought SP hid in the entrance way of the auditorium down the hallway just a bit and waited for MB to come from the main entrance (front of the church, tiled floor) down towards her truck to open the canopy doors to her truck. Just a question, not a fact.

Very nice job. Quick question: Is it possible to give us an approximate location of this camera and/or scene? Thanks in advance!

attachment.php

Bat, still working on that one. I am waiting to see if we have confirmed double doors on the SE corner of the building. Trying to find those doors in a pic then.
Arkansasmimi is placing romm # 2 in the Main entry area/ welcome area of the church. Either there is a second hallway, or room #2 is somewhere else (SE corner perhaps?)

Can you measure the width of the hallways please? ;--) Thanks.

-Nin

One shiny object is part of the door push, the two further left appear to be a wheelchair wheel. Often churches will offer wheelchairs at their entrances to assist elderly and disabled folks.
Thanks. How did you know I was going to ask? Just to the right of the reporter's upper left arm, inside the glass, that does indeed look like a wheelchair! Does anyone know what the other object is - a chair? The timestamp for the news report is 10:06PM on 4/18/2016, 17 hours after the murder. In the vestibule murder theory, then they had already cleaned the entire vestibule area and placed the wheelchair back in storage position? (The wheelchair being approx. where MB's body's was found in this theory.)

Attachments

• church reporter WFAA 4.18 ext doors.jpg
    church reporter WFAA 4.18 ext doors.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 127
Thanks. How did you know I was going to ask? Just to the right of the reporter's upper left arm, inside the glass, that does indeed look like a wheelchair! Does anyone know what the other object is - a chair? The timestamp for the news report is 10:06PM on 4/18/2016, 17 hours after the murder. In the vestibule murder theory, then they had already cleaned the entire vestibule area and placed the wheelchair back in storage position? (The wheelchair being approx. where MB's body's was found in this theory.)

Could it an umbrella holder?
On second look, it may be a chair.

Regarding the tempered glass point... Would those doors from the awning entrance be made of tempered glass? Where a struggle of broken glass in that entryway could have been?

I always assumed that the broken glass would have been bathroom mirrors, but curious about the doors?

ETA: or where a gun shot could have also broken the glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is also PoirityinMotion's theory as well. However, and this makes sense, PoirityinMotion
feels ( or did feel) that MB got bopped before she could unlock the SW inside doors so she wouldn't be able to escape.

This is a distinct possibility, and it is just as possible as SP hiding in the vestibule. In this scenario, SP would be hiding in the hallway on the south side of the building. By hiding in that hallway at the corner, SP could have delivered his/her first blow to the back of MB's head.

As for hiding in the vestibule, SP could have been in the building of the church until he/she saw MB arrive. When he heard MB's door close, he could have given her a few seconds to begin walking toward the front of the church. At that point, SP could have moved to the vestibule. I am 50/50 as to whether MB was attacked in the vestibule of the SW corner of the building (in the hallway).

PoirityinMotion, are those your thoughts?

Wasn't the entire scene released by noon? I really need to take some notes.

Do we know if the helmet SP is wearing is a motorcycle helmet, if so I would say he rode a motorcycle there or ATV, really no other reason to wear it, face was already covered and it would be bulky and restricting, maybe even a scooter as they are much quieter.

LE has been purposely vague as to the perp's getup, refusing to commit to one idea. However a motorcycle helmet seems unlikely from this LE quote:

May 20, 2016

"Surveillance video of the suspect inside the church showed a person wearing what looks like “police tactical gear,” including a helmet, vest and gloves. But police say the clothes aren’t specific to any branch of law enforcement. Assistant Chief Johnson said, “It’s been described as SWAT gear, it’s been described as tactical gear, it’s been described as ballistic gear, we don’t want to commit to anything specific that we don’t know for certain.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/20/...are-suspects-in-murder-of-fitness-instructor/

They were done processing the scene around noon. I don't think it's ever been made clear whether they actually released the whole church area at that time, or if they kept part of it sealed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NIN! Thank you! You just helped tremendously in understanding the entire scene. Terrific job! Having similar thoughts to cfreyja23 about glass at the scene. Is it possible the shards of glass were from restroom mirror?
JMO we need clarification on "shards" versus crumbles of safety glass on and around MB. There could have been a little table, mirror, glass covered wall hanging, something inside the vestibule already. And yes, the restroom theory of where the body was found is of course valid as well with a broken mirror.

A Google search for tactical helmets brought up this image. Looks like what the SP had on to me.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 508
FWIW, SWFA removed their youtube videos.

Yes. But where a person has died, assuming some blood and other biological material, perhaps castoff or spatter blood, pool of blood on floor, other damage... it is not that it was released back to CoC, but that it would take time to repair and paint before putting something like a wheelchair back in position. On those broken glass rear doors, they simply applied plywood sheets, and on the kitchen door a small pice of wood, that first day. Nothing looks broken in the porte cochere/vestibule area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong