TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're right, then poor Jethro. He's been chasing Altimas all over Dallas for a zillion hours. Oh well, as he said, his time is his own. And with so little information to really sleuth in this case, it certainly doesn't hurt.
And it would suck to have wasted their time tipping them on that vehicle. But I did so only because I have two other photos (rear view and side view in the same parking spot on two different dates) at another known location for POI(s) (not their residence) in a parking lot 35 miles away or so from where the Altima I have showed that (with worse quality images) may be, but I can't firmly say, the same vehicle. The shot from the rear view (from far away) shows a yellow "splotch" on the rear bumper which may or may not be a decal (it will never be more than a yellow splotch).

Though remember I stumbled on the Altima I posted not even looking for one. I was looking at the dumpster enclosure set up where POI(s) currently work to determine whether that would be an ideal place to dump some unneeded tactical gear (something I had forgotten to do after settling on these POI(s) - and there it was right next to the dumpster staring me iin the face with the Nissan logo in front at 12 o'clock. After exhausting all the associated locations I could find, the hunt was on to see if I can find it anywhere else with a rear view of it and be able to say with high confidence being the same vehicle. Indeed, my time to waste.

1 On the day of the murder, the CCoC exterior cams worked "not at all" rather than "intermittently." That's explicitly what LE said. ("We had video during previous times of exterior footage but on the day of the murder we don't have exterior footage from the cameras outside ....")

2 SWFA cam coverage of CCoC that night is theoretically possible, but objectively quite unlikely. In fact, given the distance, the separation of a divided highway and 1/2 mile away, and lots of trees in-between, and the fact that SWFA wants their cams to focus on their own property, maybe not ever. But that night, even more unlikely, given the fact it was middle of night darkness, and it was HEAVY rain when MB was arriving, further obscuring any potential visibility of any cam that might have theoretically had some view.

Have we ever determined whether the SWFA cams were motion-activated or if they record continuously? If the latter, then I would think it would be a simple matter for them to pick up her vehicle. There would be absolutely nothing else moving. Her vehicle's headlights should stick out like a sore thumb even at half a mile away. Remember, there doesn't have to be any fidelity to the recording, just the fact that it captures movement or light at all around 4:18 would be enough for a timeline.

ALL JMO: In repose to you, Jethro...I think accomplices, and they need something more concrete. I think there's a lot of circumstantial evidence...I also think cell phone pings will give whoever is involved up. I could be wrong, but I think what MPD isn't saying speaks louder than what they are. EX: They're not telling us to be afraid of a murderer on the run...CG trainers are still going about their daily camps..they're not asking the public for help. ALL JMO.
I was curious. I believe that this case has almost nothing but circumstantial evidence to ride on. They have to put someone in that church, in tactical gear, at the location in the church where she was murdered, and the person in possession of the murder weapon. I am sure the DA would want the best possible case since they might only get one shot at it.

Have we ever determined whether the SWFA cams were motion-activated or if they record continuously? If the latter, then I would think it would be a simple matter for them to pick up her vehicle. There would be absolutely nothing else moving. Her vehicle's headlights should stick out like a sore thumb even at half a mile away. Remember, there doesn't have to be any fidelity to the recording, just the fact that it captures movement or light at all around 4:18 would be enough for a timeline.
Yep. I agree. If MPD went through SWFA footage and ... 4:14 no headlights 4:15 no headlights 4:16 headlights 4:17 no headlights 4:18 no headlights ... and then went to Creekside internal cameras and saw MIssy enter at 4:18 they would conclude that was her vehicle.

I found it interesting today to go back and watch the pressers and read available transcripts. There are nuggets in there that answer questions we've been debating, such as whether the class was going to be inside as I mentioned in another post. It's just hard to remember and keep track of it all. I'm watching the very first April 18 presser and here are some interesting tidbits. Some of them you may have kept track of from the beginning; others, maybe you forgot like I did:

5. Around 12:30, regarding when MB is last seen on video: "She's walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

"She's walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her."

And then from GaPeach, #2 Post in this thread:

"However, now that we know MB entered through the SW doors I am left with many questions:"

Call me confused.

I have been under the impression MB was murdered close to the vestibule, the doors she entered.

From the first bolded statement made by LE, she was walking down the main hallway. To be doing this, it would be away from the doors she entered. How was this murder not caught on camera?

And it would suck to have wasted their time tipping them on that vehicle. But I did so only because I have two other photos (rear view and side view in the same parking spot on two different dates) at another known location for POI(s) (not their residence) in a parking lot 35 miles away or so from where the Altima I have showed that (with worse quality images) may be, but I can't firmly say, the same vehicle. The shot from the rear view (from far away) shows a yellow "splotch" on the rear bumper which may or may not be a decal (it will never be more than a yellow splotch).

Though remember I stumbled on the Altima I posted not even looking for one. I was looking at the dumpster enclosure set up where POI(s) currently work to determine whether that would be an ideal place to dump some unneeded tactical gear (something I had forgotten to do after settling on these POI(s) - and there it was right next to the dumpster staring me iin the face with the Nissan logo in front at 12 o'clock. After exhausting all the associated locations I could find, the hunt was on to see if I can find it anywhere else with a rear view of it and be able to say with high confidence being the same vehicle. Indeed, my time to waste.

I think it's worth it to waste your time and theirs, considering that it's to try to get justice for MB first and foremost. And secondly, there is a $20,000+ reward if you turn out to be right. 200 hours at $100.00 per hour.

There's easy ways to figure this stuff out. I can go to SWFA some night at 4am, when it's raining cats and dogs, stand where each cam is, and and see what kind of a pic and view there is in the dark and pouring rain. But, sorry LE and WS, I'm not that dedicated LOL

Same with the house that Jethro wanted to see a pic of. The easy answer is, just drive by the front door and snap a pic. No mystery, no muss, no fuss. But, we all have better things to do with our time, no doubt. :)

There's a way to figure this out. I can go to SWFA some night at 4am, when it's raining cats and dogs, stand where each cam is, and and see what kind of a pic and view there is in the dark and pouring rain. But, sorry LE and WS, I'm not that dedicated LOL

Not to mention that area is probably under patrol/surveillance. You'd have some 'splainin to do. Of course, all of us here at WS would deny knowing you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL yeah, good point. But I really do think that, in a way, the "Altima" was LE's way of throwing a bone to all the Facebook detectives (as they call us) who want to help, giving something to chase and worry over. If it's found, it's a minor point that is finished, without LE hours expended further. If it's not, no biggie. And the harder it is to find, the longer they are left alone to pursue a perp, while the public is distracted looking at cars.
I may be the only one. While there has been talk here mostly in the days after MPD released those photos and elsewhere I don't think I have seen anyone actually talk about tipping any vehicle let alone an Altima.

"She's walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her."

And then from GaPeach, #2 Post in this thread:

"However, now that we know MB entered through the SW doors I am left with many questions:"

Call me confused.

I have been under the impression MB was murdered close to the vestibule, the doors she entered.

From the first bolded statement made by LE, she was walking down the main hallway. To be doing this, it would be away from the doors she entered. How was this murder not caught on camera?

I've posted this before, but it still works just right. All the LE details fit. The blue arrow shows where MB entered, and ends at the point I surmise the cams stopped recording her. The red X's show places that she might have been found, that fit the location described by LE, and that also allow an exit unseen out kitchen door, as LE has mentioned.

LE has only noted where she was found, but not where she was killed other than off-camera. But any of the side rooms, or the auditorium, would probably qualify, and work with this scenario.

attachment.php

Yep. I agree. If MPD went through SWFA footage and ... 4:14 no headlights 4:15 no headlights 4:16 headlights 4:17 no headlights 4:18 no headlights ... and then went to Creekside internal cameras and saw MIssy enter at 4:18 they would conclude that was her vehicle.

I definitely think there is a good chance the SWFA camera that recorded the Altima would have seen MB's headlights as she passed (assuming she came from that direction). I haven't ever mapped where she lived in relation to Creekside. I think it is also very possible the camera in the SW corner could have recorded her headlights pulling in under the PC. If not enough to trigger recording, there is enough glass in that area that the reflection would have been recorded if SP's movement already had them recording.

Does anyone know if that black area right behind the wheel chair is the actual outer door? If so, her headlights could have possibly even caused enough motion to start the camera recording.
attachment.php

Attachments

• sw.jpg
    sw.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 378
Interesting! I stand corrected. I bet there are lots of CofCs who must think Creekside has gone off the reservation.

I guess since they're one of only 20 or so CofCs out of 12,000 to allow musical instruments, it isn't a far stretch to think they would be lenient enough to allow an exercise class too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I know nothing of the Creekside or the CoC. I have, however, formed an opinion that SP was angry at the church and MB stumbled into her in the ladies room.

There's easy ways to figure this stuff out. I can go to SWFA some night at 4am, when it's raining cats and dogs, stand where each cam is, and and see what kind of a pic and view there is in the dark and pouring rain. But, sorry LE and WS, I'm not that dedicated LOL

Same with the house that Jethro wanted to see a pic of. The easy answer is, just drive by the front door and snap a pic. No mystery, no muss, no fuss. But, we all have better things to do with our time, no doubt. :)
Since I researched my POI(s) thoroughly I have seen the inside of that house via videos and photos. Creepy thought.

Not to mention that area is probably under patrol/surveillance. You'd have some 'splainin to do. Of course, all of us here at WS would deny knowing you.

LOL of course. I'd do the same for you too :)

But, I truly don't think patrol/surveillance would be an issue. I think they close up and lock the doors and go home, with the alarm set, everyone goes to sleep and sleeps the sleep of the righteous, trusts God that things will still be there in the morning, small town America doing its thing.

I may be the only one. While there has been talk here mostly in the days after MPD released those photos and elsewhere I don't think I have seen anyone actually talk about tipping any vehicle let alone an Altima.

I found that 2 of MB's campers had Nissan Altimas and sent that in to law enforcement via email several weeks ago - 1 had been sold just after the murder and the other one was still owned. Law enforcement emailed back about the sold one that it was the wrong color. I didn't hear back about the 2nd one. I subscribe to PublicData.com where I can look at what vehicles are registered to owners, drivers license info, license plate numbers, addresses, criminal records, etc.

I agree the routine is important. Did she arrive earlier when it rained? Did she do 'extras' when classes are moved to the awning/or moved indoors? Did she have to unlock an extra door, move extra equipment in, find a plug for the music? Let's say for example on a typical day she just unlocked the SW doors and turned on lights to the bathrooms, then that would mean she was in and out quickly. If that is the case, then we can assume that is why SP picked the bad weather day. It would be pretty hard to try to convince people that someone that was in there for just a minute in only one location of a big church would run into a burglar, thus getting killed.

If she had to go to the kitchen to get ice, then it would take longer, but like you said seems more likely the confrontation would have happened there without all the staging. I also think it is weird that campers wouldn't bring their own water and she would need to provide ice.

I guess as far as LE knowing the time she arrived, I thought they saw her on camera and it was time stamped. They also had the outdoor stores cameras to narrow in with too.

Earlier up thread, a poster - I'm bad at remembering who said what exactly - but I think it was a local who knew a bit about the CG brand. It's like a chain store, each CG may be "inependently owned" but you should have the same experience whether you attend a CG in DFW or in Midlo.
Anyway, point is, the poster (or posters) were even digging up CG paperwork, contracts and such, and IIRC, the trainer was required to be there 45 minutes before class started, and their set-up is quite a to-do, a table, a table cloth, products for sale IIRC. So she was always going to get there at about 4:15 (4:16 LE says she arrived).
Regarding the bad weather: It was just luck on Swat Perp's part. IMO. Moo.

Cannonball, they have also made multiple comments and answers on their website re that car, and each time make a point to emphasize that it's NOT a vehicle of perp/suspect. I think that's noteworthy. They remind it's just someone they want to talk to who might (or might not) have seen something helpful. The message is consistent, continuing to express interest but offering no significant concern over finding that car.

I find it relevant that they don't bring up the subject, even though they haven't found it. For example, if it was really important to them, they would keep reminding the public what the car is, please be on the lookout, etc ...but, it's only mentioned when someone asks about it, and they just answer the question and yawn and walk away. (Frankly, I've seriously wondered if this was their "bone" being offered to "Facebook detectives" to give them something to chase, whose result either way wouldn't mess with things of importance to them.)

Then again they may have given the public just enough info to keep a witch hunt from happening.

I was curious. I believe that this case has almost nothing but circumstantial evidence to ride on. They have to put someone in that church, in tactical gear, at the location in the church where she was murdered, and the person in possession of the murder weapon. I am sure the DA would want the best possible case since they might only get one shot at it.

Are your POIs in LE?

Earlier up thread, a poster - I'm bad at remembering who said what exactly - but I think it was a local who knew a bit about the CG brand. It's like a chain store, each CG may be "inependently owned" but you should have the same experience whether you attend a CG in DFW or in Midlo.
Anyway, point is, the poster (or posters) were even digging up CG paperwork, contracts and such, and IIRC, the trainer was required to be there 45 minutes before class started, and their set-up is quite a to-do, a table, a table cloth, products for sale IIRC. So she was always going to get there at about 4:15 (4:16 LE says she arrived).
Regarding the bad weather: It was just luck on Swat Perp's part. IMO. Moo.

Yes, they setup tables and have equipment, but they're not selling products. Since they often have camps at multiple locations (ex the church and her 9 location-can't remember where.) every camper is supposed to bring their own mats and weights, but trainers have extra. Some days have more equipment than others. Week 1 is endurance week, so it's a lot of running and not a lot of equipment, but Monday's are weight days.

I found it interesting today to go back and watch the pressers and read available transcripts. There are nuggets in there that answer questions we've been debating, such as whether the class was going to be inside as I mentioned in another post. It's just hard to remember and keep track of it all. I'm watching the very first April 18 presser and here are some interesting tidbits. Some of them you may have kept track of from the beginning; others, maybe you forgot like I did:

1. Spann is asked at about the 7:00 mark if the suspect appeared to be armed. Spann replies, "Could not tell from the video if he was armed. He did appear to have some type of object that he was using to pry on doors." Spann moves pretty smoothly in answering this question. To me, this answers the question of whether a gun was used. I think Spann would have hesitated in some way to edit himself to not mention the gun, if there was clear evidence of a bullet wound.

2. At about 7:47 he says the campers "went into the building to start their boot camp, and that's when they located her." Dispels the rumor that they saw something amiss through the window and THEN went to investigate.

3. At around 9:20, "businesses that were within eyesight of the church, we've gone and collected video." So they had SWFA video that same day. Whether they had already viewed it by the press conference time, I don't know.

4. At around 11:00, he states that the evidence unit from Ellis County Sheriff's department were the ones who came out and collected the crime scene evidence. I hadn't noticed that detail before - assumed that MPD did the evidence collection.

5. Around 12:30, regarding when MB is last seen on video: "She's walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

Autopsy not performed until next day. At that point the coroner may have observed a point of entry consistent with a gunshot wound possibly obscured by puncture wounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998