TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traceability might be a reason not to want to use a gun. Also, a claw hammer is much more personal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I agree on the part about the claw hammer. However, if I used a .22 revolver LE would have a very difficult time finding it if I drop it in a large lake while fishing.

IMO the perp never intended to break in via NE entrance or any other compromised window(s). He would have gotten wet; his boots would have left latent prints in the hallways.

I believe he entered the kitchen area via door ( break-in or key), and possibly stayed there for a while (drying boots/ outfit) and possibly attaching his fixture visible in the video on the left side of his helmet, whatever it is (communication device? cam? light?).

-Nin
The area at the North East doors is a covered area for 11 feet from the doors toward the stairs that come up to that area. In addition, the door glass is wide enough and tall enough to sufficiently allow someone the size of SP and even bigger to pass through. Once, beyond the first doors there is a 5 foot wide vestibule and another set of doors. This would seem the perfect place to make entry and gear up without having to stand in the rain tearing off the door hardware at the kitchen which, at best, has a 3 foot eave providing coverage and only if the rain was falling straight down. Not to mention there is a light near the kitchen door and that side of the building at where the kitchen door is located would have some visibility from traffic heading south on 287. Whereas, even though there is a light at the North East doors, there is no visibility to that area at all from passing traffic.

The Riddle of the North East Doors has 3 parts The first is, when did the glass in those doors get smashed? There is a path within the church where SP could have reached those doors without activating any of the two cameras that are nearby and were working. The second is, why the North East doors instead of the South East doors? And the third is, why bother with those doors at all if the Kitchen exit were already available (actually many other doors). Others will disagree but in my opinion, what transpired was SP following a planned path through that church and there were no random movements or wasted movements.

I had been starting to work on illustrating the Riddle of the North East Doors so that others could "see" what the situation was, based on the video we have on hand and statements made by MPD. So, I am glad you brought this up. This goes hand in hand with the Kitchen Conundrum which is - Why was SP apparently entering the Kitchen at the end of the first sequence of the 2:27 MPD video if that is where they had made entry? Now, my personal opinion is that was when they went and wrestled the hardware off the kitchen door hardware. I am sure that others may have a different view.

I haven't looked up statistics on this, but I'm not sure that the general MO of a stalker would be sexual assault. If the assumption is that the perp was a stalker and that he was infatuated with her, I would agree. But she may have been stalked by a killer who just likes to torture and kill, like BTK. He killed both men and women, and it wasn't about sex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree except BTK is not a good example. BTK was most definitely sexually motivated. Maybe not with his male victims, but certainly with his female victims. Not saying that he raped them, but there was sexually deviant behavior at the crime scenes and in other locations acting out his fantasies.

I believe if police look at church videos from weeks leading up to murder they may see the murderer, walking around to see what areas are on camera, and what are not (later reviewing it)

I believe that MPD should also re-interview people at the church to find out if anyone - and I mean anyone - had been asking about the church even in conversation at something like a New Year's Eve party or some other event. I am pretty sure that what goes through people's minds when asked questions like that is that they will take it to mean "was there anyone that asked anything at all about the church that would dress up in tactical gear and murder Missy?" And if someone they know, perhaps for many years had asked about anything, like the break in that occurred previously for example, they wouldn't offer up their name because after all they have known them for years and couldn't imagine they would do something like this and not only that they wouldn't want that person to think that they have offered them up as a potential murderer. So, really this one of those difficult kinds of question to actually get a straight answer out of someone. You would probably have to water board someone to get the answer, if hypothetically someone did ask questions but they have been a friend for 15 years and were even a god parent to one of their children. But MPD should go back to these people again.

I also believe that they should inquire with the church people, the architect of the building, and the general contractors (the architect and the same contractors show up in multiple church construction projects) and find out if anyone came to them to find out information about the church as maybe a member of a church building committee that was looking into having a new facility constructed or remodelled. Once again, these may be people that they know, perhaps for years.

They should also look into whether or not anyone made any inquiries or examined any documents about that church at the building department in Midlothian. Once again, it could be someone known to them.

And finally, though there are probably other avenues, they should inquire with whomever handled the installation or maintenance of the security cameras if anyone at all inquired about a security camera system for some purpose, such as installation in some building, and mentioned along the lines of "maybe something like in the Creekside Church" and wanted the product name or other information about it. Again, it could very well be someone they have known for years.

As far as asking the family on this topic, MPD should ask them (since the church had a previous break in) did MIssy ever mention anything about the cameras and especially if they couldn't "see" certain activity because of limits to motion detection or other things. Because if she had mentioned anything like that to them, she might have also said similar things to other people. Are there any text messages or e-mail exchanges with anyone that talk about the church facility at all and who did they go to?

There are many ways to obtain information about that building, I would hope that MPD has covered all of these.

The area at the North East doors is a covered area for 11 feet from the doors toward the stairs that come up to that area. In addition, the door glass is wide enough and tall enough to sufficiently allow someone the size of SP and even bigger to pass through. Once, beyond the first doors there is a 5 foot wide vestibule and another set of doors. This would seem the perfect place to make entry and gear up without having to stand in the rain tearing off the door hardware at the kitchen which, at best, has a 3 foot eave providing coverage and only if the rain was falling straight down. Not to mention there is a light near the kitchen door and that side of the building at where the kitchen door is located would have some visibility from traffic heading south on 287. Whereas, even though there is a light at the North East doors, there is no visibility to that area at all from passing traffic.

The Riddle of the North East Doors has 3 parts The first is, when did the glass in those doors get smashed? There is a path within the church where SP could have reached those doors without activating any of the two cameras that are nearby and were working. The second is, why the North East doors instead of the South East doors? And the third is, why bother with those doors at all if the Kitchen exit were already available (actually many other doors). Others will disagree but in my opinion, what transpired was SP following a planned path through that church and there were no random movements or wasted movements.

I had been starting to work on illustrating the Riddle of the North East Doors so that others could "see" what the situation was, based on the video we have on hand and statements made by MPD. So, I am glad you brought this up. This goes hand in hand with the Kitchen Conundrum which is - Why was SP apparently entering the Kitchen at the end of the first sequence of the 2:27 MPD video if that is where they had made entry? Now, my personal opinion is that was when they went and wrestled the hardware off the kitchen door hardware. I am sure that others may have a different view.

It doesn't appear to me that he actually re-enters the kitchen at the end of that first sequence. The recording simply stops as he approaches that part of the corridor. I don't see him turn toward the door as if to enter.

In Texas, does murder by using a gun tend to bring a death sentence while other methods tend to get life in prison? I'm just wondering if that might be why this was staged as a break in gone badly...I'm not familiar with Texas law at all being from the Northeast..in Maine we don't have the death penalty

No. The vicious brutality of this murder and the planning that went into it would make it a DP case. In addition to that there are the factors of impersonating a police officer, lying in wait to ambush the victim, and breaking into the church to do it.

MYO if it were my daughter that was killed I would be begging for help to find her murderer, I believe that they have a good idea who is responsible!

It doesn't appear to me that he actually re-enters the kitchen at the end of that first sequence. The recording simply stops as he approaches that part of the corridor. I don't see him turn toward the door as if to enter.
While it is possible they did not enter the kitchen, unless the camera at the other end of the hall was not working or MPD did not release video they have from it there is no other place to go up there without ending up on camera again. Absent any video to the contrary it is my opinion they entered the kitchen, that is why I used the modifier "apparently". I expect others would view it differently.

The problem I have with the stalker scenario is that, and I'm not sure about this mind you, but I believe they usually try to assault their victims sexually. Even if you say okay he ran out of time or something like that it doesn't make sense he would be completely within a SWAT uniform and can't assault her or that he would have chosen a place with video cameras where he can't assault her. I'm not saying 100% of the time that is what stalkers do, but I believe that is the general MO. Just my opinion.

I don't believe in the stalker scenario as regards to assault the victim due to

A) DNA
B) Was possibility a female SwatPerp
C) Too much clothing

jmo 🐮

MYO if it were my daughter that was killed I would be begging for help to find her murderer, I believe that they have a good idea who is responsible!

My mind keeps going back to Morgan Farrington's parents and Natalie Holloway's mother.

jmo 🐮

Hey y'all :wave:

This thread is getting full, so it will be closing in about 10 minutes. Get ready to make the move over to a fresh, new thread. Thanks!

Thank you for your comment J. Not sure if the perp took the hardwdare off the kitchen door or LE for processing.

-Nin

Hey y'all :wave:

This thread is getting full, so it will be closing in about 10 minutes. Get ready to make the move over to a fresh, new thread. Thanks!

Oh thanks! Let me quickly change my shirt.. ;--)

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member