TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by bessie, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

It is believed they sat in their cars/didn't enter the building until then.

2. lunchbox

lunchbox New Member

Ok, gotcha. Thanks. Guess I missed the actual amt of time that had lapsed and that shocked me but I could see that. I hate being the first person to show up somewhere. I'm shy, social anxiety is no joke!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

3. wildebeest

wildebeest Well-Known Member

Totally agree, rob. :tyou:

4. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

Ah yes, it could be something like this as this is an even closer approximation to the light seen in the video:
    http://www.boardwalkbuy.com/products/led-winter-beanie?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla
    However, I don't know how that would work with the helmet and any eyewear, but they very well could be wearing a beanie or some other headpiece below their helmet. I wonder at what point they put on the heavy gear, like if some of it had been stashed in the church the night before, perhaps in the kitchen. It could have been easier to break in wearing just a beanie with a light and having just the tools for breaking in and then gearing up with the heavy gear for confrontation once inside where some of the time during the 30 minutes could have been in adding additional clothing and equipment to what they were wearing.

5. oblios

oblios New Member

Does anyone live directly across the street? I saw the site listed as a wedding site, and I also saw that it might have been sold last July? I wonder if Missy used a microphone to bark out orders to her campers at 5am. That would annoy the crap out of me if I had recently bought the house and expected a quiet neighbor across the street.

6. wildebeest

wildebeest Well-Known Member

He/she must be pleased to no end at the confusion. Hoping LE has a better idea, than most of us here. I have a feeling they do, and I have great confidence in them. Maybe today........:copcar:

7. robthomaseyes

robthomaseyes New Member

I agree. I can't for the life of me figure out where the stuff about the boots being too big are coming from. He'd have to shuffle; ever see a child put on his parents' shoes? They can't pick th em up b/c they fall off. And they'd trip him up if he had to run. I can't think of even one plausible reason to wear boots that are too big. That walk is more likely due to a musculo-skeletal problem than shoes that are too big. only one foot splays out all the way to the side.

8. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

I completely agree.
    They have ways and means of enhancing photos.
    And we know that there is so much video that has not been released.

9. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

You are not alone
    I am falling behind also
    If its any comfort, there really is nothing new

10. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hi darkstar105,

Unfortunately, iHeartRadio is no longer doing live shows with all their once a week type shows. That's my show.

There are two places you can get the most current shows.

The show on Spreaker is posted 30 minutes after the show is recorded. The new show is available every Thursday night after 10:30 pm. http://www.spreaker.com/user/triciag

Also available on www.truecrimeradio.com

11. texasgirl2

texasgirl2 Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case

Yes, this is EXACTLY why I'm stuck on finding a photo of the actual tool. Doing a search online for "breach tools" or "breach hammers" brought up things that looked similar. That's why I was questioning the geology tools because to me the geology tools look to be almost "too pick-like" rather than claw-like on that one side. I did find something called a "utility and wrecking bar" that had the same wing shape at the top but it had a large separation from the other side. I did find that a lot of the breaching tools have a wing shape (or dipped) top so I wondered if this might be some kind of specialty tool of some kind rather than a tool used by someone who is into rocks. A specialty breaching tool that might be able to be narrowed down enough that LE could possibly find who sells them locally?

I mean, given how hard it is for me to find a tool with the exact outline in the photo--this might mean that they are exclusive to one company and that would make it easier for LE to pinpoint. I can't find any hammers with both the dipped top AND one side that isn't perfectly rounded (like a typical hammer).

Plus, it's giving me something else to focus on rather than the surveillance footage or the floorplan of the church.

I did! And some of the tools again looked similar, but much thinner on the end like a pick rather than a claw. It may just be me but I don't personally feel that the tool in the photo is a geology tool or has anything to do with rock climbing. I've been searching for a while now and the only thing I can come up with is a specialty tool that is made specifically for a purpose that I haven't actually discovered yet. :lookingitup:

12. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

Only two things have officially been released by LE concerning physical description - the perp's gait with right foot turnout, and his height. Height was originally estimated to be 6' - at least BB was saying that's what LE were saying. In an earlier thread, when a later article posted said that LE now listed 5'9" as the tallest estimate I was turning cartwheels, as I thought the same as you--this was not a tall person. I'd been using Texas building codes (door handle heights) and had gotten anywhere from 5'3" to 5'9" - but never 6 feet tall. (Hubby is in TX construction and identified the door I was measuring suspect against as a 70" tall interior door, with handles generally 36" up from the bottom.) This is why I can't for the life of me understand all the ppl who are adamantly pointing fingers at at Missy's husband, who is at least 6' tall and probably taller.

I'll see if I can round up the link for you.

ETA: this is not to say I haven't found some media interviews to be odd (though that could be for several reasons, including numbness and shock)...just that I don't think BB could have been the person in the SWAT gear. Can't shorten your height for disguise purposes.

13. lunchbox

lunchbox New Member

I am friends with a couple CG instructors locally (I'm in DFW), they definitely do not use microphones. The classes are a manageable size for a regular voice, no mic needed. Not saying Missy didn't, just doesn't seem necessary.

Might be loud yelling, cheering and grunts and groans from campers, though.

14. gliving

gliving Just the facts, ma'am

15. lunchbox

lunchbox New Member

Looks like his phone

16. texasgirl2

texasgirl2 Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case

17. BluSkies

BluSkies New Member

circa 1990?:thinking:

18. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

19. lunchbox

lunchbox New Member

My husband's phone case looks almost identical to that. Big and bulky to protect the phone.

20. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.