TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an iPhone in an Otterbox.

Maybe, but it's not a rectangle and it has a hole all the way through.

ETA, nevermind. I see his shirt is covering part of it. Thanks everyone for your help.

3 questions come to mind now....

1. Were the MPD videos released in order of the timeline or random clips? Do we know that info?
2. Is there a camper who usually attends this boot camp who missed this one?
3. Any men in her class who have a jealous/angry wife?

I really feel like #3 is going to hold the key to this.

I have a geology background and two things are leaping out at me. (1) the hammer might be a rock pick. It's a small, light weight hammer with a pointy end geologists use to chip off small pieces of rock for inspection. (2) the head lamp - if that's indeed what we see. Underground miner's use head lamps attached to the front of a hard hat - so sort of like attached to this helmet. So, I'm wondering if the perp is involved with mining or geology. There are lots of women in geology, and if working hands-on like a field geologist or an on-site mining engineer (as opposed to mostly office work - that was me) they always struck me as super tough gals.

I wear a headlamp over my bicycle helmet when I am riding in the evening. It's a light attached to an adjustable strap so it's easy to affix to your head or helmet. It's easy to turn it on and off with a simple button at the top. It's not a specialized tool.

I believe BB works in the oil business. I suppose there may be some geologists who work there too.

Maybe, but it's not a rectangle and it has a hole all the way through.

Definitely an Otterbox. My whole family uses them. I think what you are seeing is not a hole; it's a cutout that allows the little apple logo to be seen.

Is it possible they used the saran wrap to wad up their boot protectors , wrap them & stuff them in their pockets so as not to leave bloody footprints?

(I know I'm an amateur , the saran wrap just has me stumped)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I missed the saran wrap thing....where did you hear that?

Is it possible they used the saran wrap to wad up their boot protectors , wrap them & stuff them in their pockets so as not to leave bloody footprints?

(I know I'm an amateur , the saran wrap just has me stumped)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We don't know there was saran wrap, it's just a guess. Personally I think the "box" seen on video was one of those things used to break in doors used by LE and fire depts.

It is believed they sat in their cars/didn't enter the building until then.

What I don't understand is if Missys car was under the awning with the door open (as in pics) and the first camper arrived at 4:35, why wouldn't they call 911? I mean, if I sat for several minutes looking at my instructors vehicle sitting with the door hanging open and didn't see her I would be on the phone to 911...JMO

I really feel like #3 is going to hold the key to this.

RE #1....The first video released had the 3:58AM timestamp but future video did NOT. In the first video, there was a one-second splice I noticed. So....I'm assuming that they pieced together random clips in the second one. I think I remember it being reported that the time stamps "stopped" on the camera during the whole thing but my gut feeling is that they removed them so we wouldn't know exactly where perp was right before MB was murdered.

I wear a headlamp over my bicycle helmet when I am riding in the evening. It's a light attached to an adjustable strap so it's easy to affix to your head or helmet. It's easy to turn it on and off with a simple button at the top. It's not a specialized tool.

I believe BB works in the oil business. I suppose there may be some geologists who work there too.

But how are you going to get a strap all the way around a big, slick helmet like that? I think it would move around and be unstable. The professional ones for underground work have a large battery pack you wear on a belt or tucked into waistband, and then a long cord with the lamp on the end of that. The hard hat has a clip to attach the lamp. I guess you could rig some kind of clip up to the front of a regular motorcycle helmet to act the same way. Wild guess, the perp is a woman who worked with BB and wanted him to leave his wife for her. IMO he is a very good looking man.

What I don't understand is if Missys car was under the awning with the door open (as in pics) and the first camper arrived at 4:35, why wouldn't they call 911? I mean, if I sat for several minutes looking at my instructors vehicle sitting with the door hanging open and didn't see her I would be on the phone to 911...JMO

Really? Call 911 when you think the instructor was probably just using the bathroom? Who would have thought Missy was in there dead?

Yeah, I don't think any alarm bells went off when the camper arrived early and saw the truck door ajar, or trunk, whatever it may be
Not sure where the camper parked, but I don't find it unusual that she didn't enter the building until closer to starting time
Until they actually entered the building, there was nothing to see that would have them call 911.
My guess is more than one person (camper) entered together near five am. That is when they found Missy and called 911

I've said the same thing. I don't think I would have called 911 but I would have thought it strange that her dome light was on with NO activity in 25 minutes...but I guess it would depend on which direction he/she parked (looking towards MB's truck or away) and how hard it was raining. I would think pouring rain, you would park as close to awning as possible but then again, I've been known to get somewhere early and park in back of a lot and pull closer when it was closer to time. I also wouldn't have been there 25 minutes early, lolol. In the evening yes, AM, I would have slept as late as possible :)

Yeah, I don't think any alarm bells went off when the camper arrived early and saw the truck door ajar, or trunk, whatever it may be
Not sure where the camper parked, but I don't find it unusual that she didn't enter the building until closer to starting time
Until they actually entered the building, there was nothing to see that would have them call 911.
My guess is more than one person (camper) entered together near five am. That is when they found Missy and called 911
I don't think it is unusual either. I do think arriving 25 min early is more curious, but then I suppose there could be many reasons for that.

3 questions come to mind now....

1. Were the MPD videos released in order of the timeline or random clips? Do we know that info?
2. Is there a camper who usually attends this boot camp who missed this one?
3. Any men in her class who have a jealous/angry wife?

BBM - to add some insight on this: even consistent campers miss days here and there, particularly when the weather is bad. Yours is a good thought, but my gut feeling is that a missing camper(s) that day wouldn't necessarily be an indication of anything. Now I will contradict myself (ha!) and say that one of our mottos is "never miss a Monday" (since it sets the tone for the week) so most dedicated campers don't miss on Mondays...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe