TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the content in bold:
1st bold part) Repectfully, it's actually not that unusual for a CG camp to be moved inside a facility* during rainy season, if they have access (which she clearly did.)
2nd bold part) This is the first I have heard of this. Where did you read that? Thanks!

*if someone knew she held camp inside during inclement weather, based on the weather the days surrounding that day, they could have made a pretty safe bet that the camp would be held inside. Sorry, I know this has already been discussed upthread, but want to be clear.
Hi, Missy initially said they were going to hold class under the awning so I think the only reason it was moved inside was because of the level of rain, IMO. I'm not sure it was usual for her to move this particular class inside this church. I could be wrong here though. As for moving the class, it was very early on in the case and I believe she had posted this info on her FB page regarding future classes. I will see if I can find the info, but it may have been removed from her page.

Hello. I have read every one of these threads. Many of you have posted thoughts which I also have had, but I have not seen the comments I am about to make.

My comments will be about this series of 4 photos released to the media early in the investigation. In order to see what I am going to describe, I used Firefox on a desktop computer enlarged to 300%. This is the link:

http://content.wfaa.com/photo/2016/04/18/0418_mid_suspect01_1461015606656_1732910_ver1.0.jpg

Photo #3

The disallowed Twitter re-contrasted for B&W face blowup appears to be from this, which is the same still frame without the time/date stamp.

Photo #1

Enlarged to 300%, look down to the front right leg, below the knee/top of shin. Does anyone else see a 5-point star? It looks gold on top with 3 points, and white (or reflection) bottom 2 points, affixed to leg perhaps with a black 3/4" elastic band, or affixed to what some think is a shin guard? Does that look like metal Sheriff Deputy badge? Once you can identify the object, you will see it when the photo is smaller.

I just can't see the pics just aren't clear enough for me. But would like to know, for sure!

A couple of things about the lighting---

First, the light in the church building during the videos is dimmer than it appears. These cameras would have the sensitivity turned up. In reality, not all of the hallway lights are on, but only a few of the light fixtures for "security." That's why the perp needs the flashlight and headlamp. This also indicates that the perp did not turn on extra lights.

Lights would probably not be on in classrooms, bathrooms, etc.

1st bold part) Repectfully, it's actually not that unusual for a CG camp to be moved inside a facility* during rainy season, if they have access (which she clearly did.)
2nd bold part) This is the first I have heard of this. Where did you read that? Thanks!

*if someone knew she held camp inside during inclement weather, based on the weather the days surrounding that day, they could have made a pretty safe bet that the camp would be held inside. Sorry, I know this has already been discussed upthread, but want to be clear.

I also heard that the class was about to be moved. I heard it early last week, soon after the murder. Can we track down a source for that information?

I wouldn't say "tall" but I'll give you pudgy and plays way too many video games. ;)

That is, if the perp is a male.

Funny you mention video games. In my search for headlamps I came across a video game that gave me the heeby jeebies. It was a 1st person shooter game and the "guy" was wearing a headlamp with all black gear except he had ammo and guns. If perp is a young "gamer" I could possibly see where he got the inspiration. JMO

Her most recent message had been that class was going to be held under the awning due to the weather, not inside, so they knew she was moving it inside despite her recent post or they knew she could be lured/knew her routine, which rain or shine she may have had a certain routine where she goes inside, like if she did something in the kitchen.

Couple quick thoughts before I take a break.

A. Perhaps Missy frequented the kitchen often when she first arrived, regardless of weather conditions, to store food/drink for later consumption.

B. LE seems to be somewhat quiet in terms of significant press conferences which leads me to conclude there's a distinct possibility that they have their 'guy' (or 'gal') and are trying to accumulate sufficient evidence. Just a hunch -- but a strong hunch.

We're getting some really good observations on the perp's costume. I am really impressed with some of the input - thank you! (I'm on my way to go camping now and on my small mobile device so it's not as easy to navigate the board and I'm not good yet at remembering names.)

Her most recent message had been that class was going to be held under the awning due to the weather, not inside, so they knew she was moving it inside despite her recent post or they knew she could be lured/knew her routine, which rain or shine she may have had a certain routine where she goes inside, like if she did something in the kitchen.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks for clarification Elle, Bill, and Spanish! :)

To me, the only way the perp knew she would 1. Come alone and 2. Go inside, is because the perp had inside information and/or was familiar with her routine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree with you. Another scenario my mind stubbornly refuses to let go of, is she happened upon a person doing something else entirely. Some kind of weird prowler.

Many posters believe it's someone she knew, or knew her. And that's a huge possibility. There is also a possibility she didn't. For right now that's my gut feeling.

It had been held inside at least once in Jan on a cold day confirmed by a Facebook link I posted on post 1404 of thread 4. I would guess the class would not exercise outside in thunderstorms (confirmed via local weather) even under an "awning". I'll go back and find the posts when I get home. I don't find it odd that anyone associated with her or her class or routine would know this information. JMO

Couple quick thoughts before I take a break.

A. Perhaps Missy frequented the kitchen often when she first arrived, regardless of weather conditions, to store food/drink for later consumption.

B. LE seems to be somewhat quiet in terms of significant press conferences which leads me to conclude there's a distinct possibility that they have their 'guy' (or 'gal') and are trying to accumulate sufficient evidence. Just a hunch -- but a strong hunch.
Quite a few threads back, a fitness instructor that posts here said she keeps her gear inside but holds class outside. Not sure if Missy did this but it's a possibility.

I imagine Missy was extremely organized.

Organised people are also predictable.

Respectfully SBM. Not only was it unusual she was holding it inside but it was also said that she was moving her class to an outdoor park location and this is the last one she was to hold in the church location. It seems to have come down to sort of a "now or never" situation, if I understand the facts correctly.
In my understanding ( and it is IMO because I can't search links right now) it was moved from the church parking lot to the inside of the church. Some have wondered why it would not have been done in the Portico (maybe the rain was really heavy if what I have read of the weather is true.)
I do not do bootcamp type workouts but know someone who runs one. He owns his own business and is certified by many respected organizations. So he is not affiliated with any of the "brand" names. He started out in parking lots of other businesses( a Country Club in particular) and would move inside in bad weather. He later leased a building as well as an area of the parking lot blocked off for work outs. He later decided that while not having to drag equipment around it was better than paying to rent a building.
All that was to say it was moved from church parking lot to inside the church as far as I know.

I HAVE TO TOTALLY CORRECT MYSELF.....I READ TOO QUICKLY. I DO THINK AT THE CIVIC CENTER WHERE SHE WAS MOVING SHE STILL WOULD HAVE ACCESS TO INSIDE IF WEATHER WAS BAD. ALL STILL IMO BUT I AM SORRY I MISREAD. THIS THREAD MOVES SO FAST!!

The CG instructors I know keep their things at home and load/unload a pickup full of equipment at each class.Probably depends on their agreement w the facility they use.

To get inside the mind of a possible killer, what kind of person attends a boot camp-style fitness organization? It doesn't seem as hardcore as cross fit. Maybe people who don't want to join a gym? Who need the motivation of working with an instructor?

It's actually very, very similar to Crossfit. The physical part AND the community/culture aspect. VERY intense. Very close knit. Hyperfocused on fitness/wellness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members