TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by beach, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

You know I so want you to be wrong
    Every time i follow a case like this i want everyone to be wrong that thinks it is a family member or close friend
    I know that it is horrible to lose a loved one, but I can't help thinking it would be a million times worse if a crime like this was committed by someone or planned by someone that the victim and family trusted and loved/ or once loved

2. buddhanna

buddhanna New Member

I know....let us hope that this is the calm before the storm.

3. Natisleuth

Natisleuth New Member

What do you guys make of these two shiny things? A watch and a tool maybe? If you focus on them they move with the body so I do not believe they are reflections.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. robthomaseyes

robthomaseyes New Member

LOL, I know...I edited it later. I was doing the math from the original 6' estimate. Sorry!

5. robthomaseyes

robthomaseyes New Member

Or both! lol

6. liltexans

liltexans Retired WS Staff

Welcome to WS, Natisleuth!

:wagon:

7. meade

meade Member

Re: the bloody shirts

If the shirts were worn by the perp, and got blood on them (do we know how much?), then the outer "SWAT" suit would surely have blood on it too. Meaning that the perp either needs to hide or discard it. Why, then, wouldn't the perp just keep the undershirt with the "SWAT" suit and hide/dispose of it all together? Why send anything to the cleaners IF it actually had blood on it from the murder?

8. robthomaseyes

robthomaseyes New Member

Oh wow, in that picture, it looks like he's wearing sweatpants, black shoes and white socks. Besides being a sick murderer, he definitely has no fashion sense!

9. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

The blood on the shirt was from a dog fight, not the murder. JMO.

10. Heather301

Heather301 Member

I remember at one point thinking it looked like shorts over pants to me but I'm not familiar with tactical gear. It just looked like the outline of shorts in one of the videos

11. meade

meade Member

Right, I mean the point of my post was to argue from the position assuming that the bloody shirts were bloody from the scene. Just asking if any supporters of that theory can explain.

12. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

The photo posted recently above pointing out the sweats reminds me of what I look like when I pull on a winter coat over pajamas or sweatpant when I need to go outside for something quick....in the hopes that no one will see me.

I go back and forth on whether perp is male or female, but the still-photo above makes me think female again.

JMOpinion, subject to change.

13. Stephenie

Stephenie Active Member

I looked into this earlier. I think they are tactical gloves with an emblem. Possibly "POLICE". Quick search of google can bring up some examples.

14. interestedincases

interestedincases I would rather be fishing...

Gloves I'm thinking reflective gear...the thing in the pocket many have wondered if it was a rolled up paper with the church layout??? But, you know what I see in your pic too, it really looks like perp is wearing a white shirt under gear. Could that bottom part be the white shirt sticking out from under the black overshirt/vest?

15. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

Lol, don't worry about it. "Average" is vastly overrated.

The edges of the bell curve are far more interesting. IMHO.

16. meade

meade Member

On the belt could by some sort of nylon or nylon cord. Or zip ties.

17. Bootsctr

Bootsctr Well-Known Member

:moo: I'm thinking this person is random and unknown to the family. Likely the sort of trash that would target a female real estate agent. Perhaps someone who had expressed an interest in GC, but not seriously. If she was targeted, it was because of the location. The church has been robbed before and I think that was because of location. :cow:

18. Stephenie

Stephenie Active Member

Zip ties would make sense. That would fit the uniform. I've seen riot gear cops with them, even in the same pocket area.

19. Snow Flower

Snow Flower Well-Known Member

Because at this point we have nothing new I thought I would post my husbands theory. I believe it was someone close to her and motivated by hate and or anger.

My husband's theory is that it was a "thrill kill." I copied a dictionary meaning for thrill kill. It is excitement of the act of killing.

He believes it is someone who goes to the church, or went there as a young child. He believes that the perp skipping, practically, taking their hand and running it across the wall showed the excitement the person felt to be achieving their goal. He thinks the person lives within walking distance of the church.

He thinks part of the perps excitement was planning the murder and buying the gear to wear. He also thinks whoever it is they have an intense hate for LE and by getting by with this murder they are essentially thumbing their nose at LE.

His theory and mine are nowhere close but I posted it to see if anyone else has a similar theory.

20. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

I think it is a very interesting theory
    They would have to know something about Missy though, because if it is a thrill kill, they would need to know someone would be there to kill

JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.