TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by beach, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Carson

Bill Carson Well-Known Member

Thank you, thank you JLSChook.

Here are some stills of the hammer the perp was using to break the glass in the last scenes of the video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. bluevioletfour

bluevioletfour Member

I know that when I go from my laptop to my ipad (or vice versa), I see posts that I hadn't seen previously.

3. dub

dub Well-Known Member

Also I can think of one good reason why the perp wouldn't bring weapons with him. (I'm going with "him" for now, I am aware it could be "her")

What if an alarm went off when he broke in, or Missy noticed the damage, bounced and called the cops immediately, and he got caught before anything happened?

In that event, if he had no weapons he's just an idiot in a cop suit getting a slap on the wrist for B&E. Charges could potentially be much worse if he had weapons, especially a gun (they wouldn't necessarily be, but it's a possibility). In a way it's actually pretty smart.

4. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d On Time Out

The DEA and money laundering info is the credentials of the officer applying for the warrant. It's not saying those things happened in this case.

5. Glammie

Glammie New Member

Correct!

6. Nationals

Nationals New Member

I doubt this perp tried to rape her. I'm sure the whole plan was just to kill and get out based on the following: the time between Missy arriving and camper 1 was only 10-15 mins. That means perp had such a small window to kill clean up and make his escape without being seen or heard. Way too risky to try another in with her. Also he was dressed in disguise for a reason. One reason might also be in case the other campers arrived while he was still there he could pose as a cop to them. Interesting that camper 1 arrived 25 mins earlier than expected. I wonder if this took "Mr. Policeman" by surprise. I wonder if she was already dead by time camper 1 arrived. Maybe he was planning on raping her first but plans changed when other camper arrived earlier than expected. Cops should take a look at anyone in vicinity that's posed as a cop in last year or two. Every city has its share of those nuts.

7. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

Go Pro? im behind today in the pages :(

8. K.jill

K.jill Atlanta, GA

I noticed that too. Not sure we are talking about the same person but I did find someone whose face I think matches.
    That is odd considering I can't tell much from the pic so I might be wrong.

9. Sparky

Sparky <b><span style="color:#000099;">Retired WS Staff</

Hello!

Let's Discuss what came out in the media today and leave the rumors out of it.

Thanks!

10. Day1_P1

Day1_P1 New Member

Hello and thank you for accepting my membership to Websleuths. I have been following Missy's case since the beginning. I am terribly saddened by the COD. I agree with those who believe this is very personal and filled with anger and rage, overkill. The photo of the hammer looks like a regular everyday hammer and the end used to pull nails could easily cause puncture wounds. I pray daily they find this monster and give him a one way trip to Huntsville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. ninij9

ninij9 Well-Known Member

I read it as wording used to show cause for search warrant of phone/electronic devices. I read it to be generic. Anyone know if this is typical wording as to reasons for search warrant of a phone?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

12. lstiff

lstiff Well-Known Member

Odd that you mention that. I don't personally believe the motive for this murder to be that reason but I did notice the other CG instructor giving out safety tips to his class & mentioned that he also teaches self defense. I'm sure he is just trying to help everyone feel safe after what happened to MB. IMO (stranger things have happened though)

Someone here mentioned they would never be able to go back, I probably wouldn't either so I applaud those campers who are going back or still going to 5:00 classes!!

13. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

Oh god. If the perp has a GoPro on and filmed the murder, I'm going to vomit. That's disturbing on a whole other level. As if it's already not bad enough. [emoji45]

14. ToodieWorm

ToodieWorm New Member

gopro.jpg
    Hopefully I did this correctly.
    Go Pro is the brand name. This is the front mount camera. When recording, you can set it where a light automatically comes on..and it's bright.
    They make after market cams that are smaller than the GoPro as well.

15. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d On Time Out

Daughter went to the 9 am workouts, not the 5 am ones.

16. texasgirl2

texasgirl2 Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case

I am sad about the COD too. I really hope they find the person who did this.

Welcome to WS...I'm glad you joined us!! :welcome6:

17. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d On Time Out

There were cameras where Missy came in.

18. texasgirl2

texasgirl2 Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case

Okay, so can anyone tell me why ATF got involved? :thinking:

19. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Welcome. Let's hope your first case on WS will be one where the perp is caught quickly.

20. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

someone mentioned that awhile ago so Im catching up.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.