ú

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by beach, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nationals

Nationals New Member

On closer inspection it does look like perp has on clear rectangular utility goggles.

2. verbonica

verbonica Active Member

Partial face cover could be this type of thing:

ww.walmart.com/ip/Zan-Headgear-Micro-Fleece-Face-Mask-with-Mesh-Mouth-Black/30150640?reviews_limit=10&

Or, he just pulled up a turtleneck shirt collar...

(don't know why that link didn't come up, but it's easy enough to look up)

3. Bill Carson

Bill Carson Well-Known Member

This is very, very disturbing.

There is a video game called Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and one of the weapons is a hammer. You can find a videos on youtube of people using the hammer to kill all sorts of people

I'm starting to think we have a gaming freak on our hands.

4. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

A ninja mask from one of those old kung fu flicks that use to show on the weekends. Idk

5. midlo33

midlo33 New Member

Hello. I too am new to ws and am finding it very enlightening. I have a few thoughts/comments.

Ok, the tools being left. He (imo perp is male) may have been in shock at what he had done and just dropped them...hopefully with some dna.

Is there evidence that the video is in some kind of order? IMO the first seconds where he is grabbing the wall is AFTER the fact, which is
    why he has no tools in his hands. And also it looks like he had more of a limp like maybe he is hurt..twisted ankle/knee, maybe she stomped on his foot.

In the warrant he is described as having a black long sleeve shirt on, in the video IMO it looks white at the top.

Though I do NOT AT ALL think she came in on a robbery, say she did, why wouldnt he just play it off since he had on police gear and she couldnt see his face?

I am torn whether he came up behind her or used his "costume" to get close enough to the front of her.

Lastly, this is kinda dumb with no relevance but why were there TWO 911 calls?

6. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I suppose I can't speak for everyone, but I think this is common knowledge. But just because you can't create high-quality out of grainy images, it's still worth the effort of examining everything to the best of our abilities.

It's not as if WS has the same info and same tools and LE....we know. We're a bunch of random people on a internet message board and we know that's what we are.

Still....sure looks like a chick. :)

7. SaintGirl

SaintGirl Well-Known Member

BBM - I have little doubt as well.

8. robthomaseyes

robthomaseyes New Member

I disagree. There have been countless pickaxe type murders committed by men. There are men who have stabbed their victims dozens and even hundreds of times in a fit of hatred or rage. I just don't think sex can be gleaned from that, in any case.

9. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

10. Bill Carson

11. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

Just needed another "w" in the address line:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Zan-Headg...h-Mesh-Mouth-Black/30150640?reviews_limit=10&

12. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

Respectfully, but I'm willing to bet mankind has been using hammers to kill each other approximately as long as there have been hammers.

(Full disclosure: I work at large video game studio. So far we've all managed to avoid going on killing sprees despite repeated exposure to things like pixel-based swords and laser guns.)

13. Nationals

Nationals New Member

. What is the perps mouth covered with? And interesting how he'd go to all of the trouble to disguise himself and yet not cover his face/eyes which would be very easy to do with sunglasses or safety googles.

14. Bill Carson

Believe me, I am not one of those people who try to link video game use to the increase in violence. But there's always one...

15. SandyQLS

SandyQLS may your life be filled with armadillos

Not caught up yet... Question - the propane tank outside the kitchen side of the building - how large is it? Texas sized? (haha) - as big as a car? Or like a barrel size? I saw one photo and it looked fairly small, a barrel on it's side. I want to know if it provided some cover for the suspect breaking in through that particular door. On arkansasmimi/PippaPal's new improved floor plan, I see the suspect chose his two escapes (plan A/plan B) on the two sides that cannot be seen from Hwy 287, and that also lead to the creek and trees. Thank you.

16. Littletipsy

Littletipsy New Member

Hello everyone! I am a newly converted lurker and I have been extremely impressed with everybody's insight!

I do have one question...

In reference to the the video clip we saw that a lot of us believed was taken after the murder (Walking out of that room dazed and empty handed), could the suspect have already been in there just waiting from the previous day's services? Perhaps he/she was dropped off the day prior and hid until morning? This may explain no tools upon exiting that room (they may have been hidden in that get up until he took them out when he was prying that door) and the dazed and tired like stride.

Thoughts?

17. Sparky395

Sparky395 New Member

ah, yes I see what you mean. I skipped the article to read the search warrant first, then went back and read the article. The article states the hammer and other tools from the church were found near her but nothing stating that in the warrant. Lol, I just mushed it all together in my head and took it as fact!

18. Snow Flower

Snow Flower Well-Known Member

exactly what my husband said today. He said, "a gaming freak living in his mother's basement within walking distance to the church."

19. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

According to the latest search warrant released there is no video of the perp after the crime. LE could be wrong, but this isn't something they could spread disinformation since this is a legal document that had to go before a judge and could result in evidence being challenged at any trial. All that being said, I don't rule out that LE is wrong and there is video from after the crime.

20. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

Well, even if I play along with the idea, his "role play" outfit suggests law-enforcement. I feel like LE in a video game, even if they were "dirty" would be using guns not hammers.

Again for full disclosure: I have NO bloody idea what to make of this case and zero theories of my own. Premeditation seems obvious, and that's about all I feel confident saying.

(And I sincerely believe that staring at blurry blown up images causes people to experience pareidolia, but that's a different tangent.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.