TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by beach, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dockins

Dockins Active Member

It's about God guaranteeing he will save us and guarantee everlasting life. Has to do with the difference between signs and seals that no one here probably wants a lesson in from me. My church did a sermon recently on this. I don't find it random or suspicious. When my devout Christian family or friends lose someone, they post scripture frequently on fb that speaks to them.

2. Weyden

Weyden Member

This is a forum about such a horrible sad tragedy that the comic relief from the words "mostly womens lib fitness classes (even though plenty of males are campers as well)" ​was welcome.

3. Msskeptic

Msskeptic Active Member

Hopefully he will get professional mental health support for the whole family, especially the girls. But a fb post he made to the effect that God has given them all they need for their therapy has me concerned. The picture of the three girls he posted with the sunflowers is so sad, the little one ... IMO, and I would say this to him in person, it is unwise to post pictures of them at this time. They need privacy, even if he doesn't.

4. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

These days they even let us vote.

5. texasgirl2

texasgirl2 Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case

I don't know that we can assume BB is choosing the verses, MOO. It's almost as if he is posting the scripture that he is given each day by an app or bible study plan. I have an app that does this that is connected to FB and it gives you the option of sharing the scripture with your friends on your timeline.

6. arkansasmimi

arkansasmimi Active Member

Respectfully BBM, correct Bill, and iirc it is actually the middle daughter that would go AB. I also had to laugh at the SIL, "she said she always wanted to be a detective, never misses a Dateline episode" That may be one of the reasons she was so upset "our lead" didn't pan out. (other than the obvious) Just curious if she reads WS? Can learn a lot here ;)

7. Sparky395

Sparky395 New Member

The fire station that would have responded is only 3 miles away on FM 1387. I don't know why it is not on google maps?? You can look up http://www.midlothianfire.com/locations.htm and see that there are actually 3 stations in town now.

8. Weyden

Weyden Member

Yea, I wondered about that too, and it's possible. I kind of doubt it though, only because the punctuation makes it looks like he copies and pastes specific passages from the YouVersion bible app. I have that same app and set it up a long time ago to have their Verse of the Day text to me every day and they're not the same at all. The significance of his verse selections is debatable, and I could be reading more into it than is there.

On a side note, it might be worth mentioning that the verse YouVersion sent me on Monday was Proverbs 17:28 'Even fools seem to be wise if they keep quiet; if they don't speak, they appear to understand.'

9. AmandaSkis

AmandaSkis Well-Known Member

I have to say, I'm starting to like Brandon. I am wondering if he has a specific person in mind as the suspect.

i agree with another WSer who wrote that BB might be more comfortable using scripture to convey his feelings. I feel like we are seeing a little more fire out of BB lately, which is good.

He might have selected this verse because some people have said he wasn't acting "Christian" enough, and this was his response.

Just my speculation.

10. lstiff

lstiff Well-Known Member

I have lots of pages to catch up on but I thought this too. Also, if someone was texting or calling her during the time that the killer was already inside the church, that may technically fall in the time of during. JMO

11. arkansasmimi

I agree. IIRC premeditated doesn't have to be long time in advance either.

BBM below....But LEO will have to be able to prove it to be premeditated I would think (investigation into why they feel she was targeted will prove this other than the SWAT looking clothing) Def example could say using the hammer/tool to break into safe but was walked in on by MB and hit her and ran off....

premeditation
    n. planning, plotting or deliberating before doing something. Premeditation is an element in first degree murder and shows intent to commit that crime.

PREMEDITATION. A design formed to commit a crime or to do some other thing before it is done.
    2. Premeditation differs essentially from will, which constitutes the crime, because it supposes besides an actual will, a deliberation and a continued persistence which indicate more perversity. The preparation of arms or other instruments required for the execution of the crime, are indications of a premeditation, but are not absolute proof of it, as these preparations may have been intended for other purposes, and then suddenly changed to the performance of the criminal act. Murder by poisoning must of necessity be done with premeditation. See Aforethought; Murder.
    A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States. By John Bouvier. Published 1856.
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/premeditation

12. arkansasmimi

BBM :yeahthat: :goodpost:

13. robthomaseyes

robthomaseyes New Member

I agree; people may grieve differently, but they DO grieve.

14. ninij9

ninij9 Well-Known Member

15. arkansasmimi

Heck it takes me at least a minute to walk to my mail box ;) < Just being silly about the time line. 1 min to get there. Thank you or the link though. Handy to have.

16. Curious21

Curious21 Member

I think my last post got deleted.....or I didn't post it correctly. This is the cod that I was told from the beginning of this case. It was so hard to just read everyone's thoughts and comments without stating what I knew. Now that we know she was wounded with punctures or stab wounds, I feel like this person had a lot of rage against her and that's why I've stated that I, friends, family and some of the long time locals I've spoken to don't feel scared or afraid. We feel sad that this has happened but don't feel like we have a serial killer on the loose. And I'll state again as I've stated before, I do not believe the camper that found MB or any of the campers were involved.

17. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find early on where they said they had camera footage of the perp in the kitchen, but at least initially LE said that they had footage inside the kitchen

18. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

OK, so you were initially told stab / puncture wounds from the start (via the woman that found her), hence your confusion when the CoD was released as blunt head trauma or whatever term they used? Do we think the rumours of a shooting are totally false then?

19. Curious21

Curious21 Member

Yes, exactly! I was thrown off with the released cod as blunt head trauma because I had been told she had been stabbed/puncture wounds. I don't believe I've been told or heard that she was shot....and I feel like that's why the poi was in the kitchen looking around for a tool or knife and that might have been used as one of the weapons?!

20. interestedincases

interestedincases I would rather be fishing...

That theory is still on the table for me too. But if so, I think it's one of her children's friends in order to know details about where she was and what she was doing.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.