TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=75-c1nXq1pE

This new video really shows how the right foot turns out. It almost looks like the right leg has a slight limp and she's kind of a slump-shouldered walker - not great posture. But maybe it's due to the boots. Looks like a large mallet/hammer in left hand. Suspect doesn't seem interested in what is in room after opening doors. It's chilling how calm she is.

That's how my little one walks when wearing my husband's shoes. The boots (IMO) look way too big on the feet. I agree, there is no interest in what's behind the doors. It's almost like they are bored and arbitrarily doing things to pass the time. Totally chilling.

On the next to last video on this link, the suspect (to me) walks like a (possibly flat-footed) woman - and the right foot noticeably points outward. Suspect casually opens bottom, then top of Dutch door (why in that order?) and steps only across the threshold to peer in for a few seconds. If anything, this appears to be someone searching for a person, not items to steal. But really...it smacks more of someone just making a show of lightly snooping around. A serious burglar would be so, so much faster and quite focused - in and out, not this kind of aimless wandering. Additionally, a burglar would be putting things in a garbage bag, box, or duffle bag - or piling things up quickly at an exit.

This does not in any way look like a robbery to me. More like someone killing time until their real target arrives. :-/

Someone who had access to a SWAT outfit to me says someone related to LE and they just borrowed it for their own agenda. I don't think it's that common to just have a SWAT outfit handy. A purchase of one seems traceable.

I'd add to that... the POI may have padded up in expectation of opposition from a fit woman who was likely able to handle herself in a conflict situation. Do we have cause of death yet?

I don't think it's that common to just have a SWAT outfit handy. A purchase of one seems traceable.
I agree with the first statement, but not the second.

There are quite a few catalogs that sell such gear. Some are pretty widely distributed to the general public (U.S. Cavalry), others try to cater only to police officers or more highly trained / paid security guards (the vetted security guards at my company would occasionally have one of these catalogs, or U.S. Cavalry laying around). Even with the ones catering to general public stock a lot of gear. The ones catering to more specialized occupations stock pretty much complete sets of SWAT gear. I think the only difference is that they wont sell it with specific departmental initials- unless you proved that you actually worked for that department. But, if I remember right, you could buy the generic "Police" or "Security" patches, then affix it to the gear. Purchases from either type of catalog would be hard to trace.

This woman was targeted - no doubt. This was no interrupted burglary!

I had the same impression. This person doesn't move with the athleticism of someone who actually goes with that uniform.

In this photo (which I hope posts correctly), is the suspect holding a gun, or is that still the crowbar-type instrument? ETA: The third photo, particularly, seems to be more of a feminine stance.

View attachment 92154

I guess it could just be photo quality but it looks like really thin ankles on this person for their size. I wonder also if they added padding to make them appear to be heavier.

Some more thoughts concerning the tactical gear.

It seems quite excessive for a simple burglary disguise. More appropriate for 1) someone who thought they might be in a fight and need advantage and protection, and 2) more appropriate for someone who feared being recognized on camera or by Terri should the attack fail to cause her death.

"Obviously the person was wearing the gear to get the guard down of anyone who interacted with him like, 'oh, it's a police officer. I don't feel like there's a threat,'" said Schulte.

Schulte says there does not seem to be an urgency when it comes to a warning from police to the general public.

"'Watch yourselves. Be aware of your surroundings.' We are really not hearing that. That just tells me, pure speculation going into this investigation, they are not looking for an unknown suspect."

http://www.fox4news.com/news/126278594-story

"Obviously the person was wearing the gear to get the guard down of anyone who interacted with him like, 'oh, it's a police officer. I don't feel like there's a threat,'" said Schulte.

Schulte says there does not seem to be an urgency when it comes to a warning from police to the general public.

"'Watch yourselves. Be aware of your surroundings.' We are really not hearing that. That just tells me, pure speculation going into this investigation, they are not looking for an unknown suspect."

http://www.fox4news.com/news/126278594-story

And/Or, it could mean they're convinced she was specifically targeted...

Be careful when speculating about who may be involved. I think that pointing the finger at a specific person is against TOS at this point in the investigation. Iykwim

"Midlothian police said the person was dressed in "tactical gear" with police markings, including a heavy helmet, gloves and military-style battle-dress pants. Midlothian Chief of Police Carl Smith said the person was "designed to look like a police officer.""

This getup would not fool any police officer if they responded to a burglar alarm. It seems to be more for protection or disguise.

What's with the husband fiddling with his wedding ring? I've read enough body language articles that this action gives me pause. Also referring to himself as a widower. I'd feel better if he felt to be a grieving husband at this time. Not pointing fingers, only making observations.

Say someone had access to a police uniform, wouldn't it be the perfect outfit to wear during a crime? Any fibres found or footprints left at the scene would trace back to standard issue clothing and muddy the forensics. Maybe.

Maybe the outfit was borrowed, but it doesn't look like there are patches on either arm. I hope a reporter asks if the local police departments have, or don't have, patches on the arms of their winter jackets.

Do y'all think the suspect knows the cameras are there? Did he/she dress up because he/she knew there would be video, or to provide an excuse to be in the building in case he/she was confronted by someone other than Missy? I agree with cattlekate and kaen - he/she is incredibly calm, and appears bored while waiting for Missy to arrive.

I agree with the first statement, but not the second.

There are quite a few catalogs that sell such gear. Some are pretty widely distributed to the general public (U.S. Cavalry), others try to cater only to police officers or more highly trained / paid security guards (the vetted security guards at my company would occasionally have one of these catalogs, or U.S. Cavalry laying around). Even with the ones catering to general public stock a lot of gear. The ones catering to more specialized occupations stock pretty much complete sets of SWAT gear. I think the only difference is that they wont sell it with specific departmental initials- unless you proved that you actually worked for that department. But, if I remember right, you could buy the generic "Police" or "Security" patches, then affix it to the gear. Purchases from either type of catalog would be hard to trace.

You might be right that a purchase of a SWAT outfit might be hard to trace. How many companies are vendors of such gear? I imagine there's a limited amount of vendors shipping to that area, However, often I expect miracles from investigations.

I believe the SWAT gear belonged to someone related to the suspect. The person they borrowed it from is probably close in height. I initially thought the borrowed SWAT outfit came from someone in LE, but your posts expands it to security guards. Borrowing it, instead of owning their own SWAT outfits, seems likely as it would give the suspect a sense of security that they're being deceptive enough to not even be connected to owning their own outfit.

Do y'all think the suspect knows the cameras are there? Did he/she dress up because he/she knew there would be video, or to provide an excuse to be in the building in case he/she was confronted by someone other than Missy? I agree with cattlekate and kaen - he/she is incredibly calm, and appears bored while waiting for Missy to arrive.

IDK if the suspect was aware of the cameras but if he/she was then the unique walk could be a disguise as well to throw LE off IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998