TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gae

Gae Active Member

Possibly, but how far would the perp want to walk with all that gear? If the perp did arrive by foot, I'd think he/she didn't park too far away? For as planned out as this all appears, surely the perp put just as much planning into the arrival and getaway.

2. cattlekate

cattlekate Well-Known Member

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/8-things-we-know-about-missy-bevers-murder/145099447
    "The building didn't have an alarm...."
    http://www.midlothian.tx.us/index.aspx?NID=184
    Alarm permits are required, good for one year, and decal must be affixed to the alarm posting.

Somehow the perp knew there wasn't going to be an alarm. Most likely - he/she is familiar with the church - maybe through CG, maybe by setting up CG in prior wee hours, maybe through a camper mentioning it, maybe through being a church member. Least likely imho - he/she is familiar with Ellis County's alarm sign-posting rules or had access to the county permits.

Add to that someone familiar with motorcycle/police gear, had a connection to Missy, has no verifiable alibi for early am Monday and the list gets smaller.

3. verbonica

verbonica Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that he or she left it in the room. Those SWAT uniforms have all sorts of pockets, loops and even a tool belt, where the item could have been shoved into.

4. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

This is from CG Midlothian FB post where it doesn't sound like they're moving from the church, but instead there's an expansion to other locations as well and it also makes me wonder who else had the same job as Missy as there was at a minimum two locations that happened at approximately the same time on multiple days:
    The weather is perfect for Outdoor Group Fitness! Are you in a place in your workout regimen, where you need Group Support, Motivation, Accountability, and the Knowledge of a Certified Personal Trainer? Are you already fit and looking for a Bigger Challenge! Camp Gladiator is for all Fitness Levels!

Take Action Now!

Special Price for Grand Opening and Current Locations!! Message us for a Pre-Openimg Sale!! Hurry...this special price begins now and ends April 18th!

Current locations for Midlothian, TX
    M/W/F 5:00am, Creekside Church of Christ
    M/W/F 9:00am, Midlothian Conference Center
    T/TH 5:00am, Midlothian Conference Center
    T/TH 7:00pm, Midlothian Conference Center

Locations coming April 4th:

M/W/F 4:40am & 6:00am, Beef O' Brady's
    M/W/F 5:00am & 6:15am, Athletes Enhancement
    M/TU/THUR 9:15am & 5:15pm, Gateway Church Midlothian

Come check out Camp this week at current locations and next week at our Preview locations!
    Send us a Message for More Details!!

5. BluSkies

BluSkies New Member

Perhaps it was activated by Missy arriving?

6. lstiff

lstiff Well-Known Member

Us? J/K sort of... LOL
    Someone who took the time to PLAN out a murder is who!

7. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

Odd, because I understand that some federal LE agencies have new technology that could read the plate #, and the make and model too...

8. Bootsctr

Bootsctr Well-Known Member

Good post! I can't shake off the videoish-game feel either or a teenager. So, not to get too far off in another direction, if it was a teenager attracted to Missy's oldest daughter who sometimes accompanied her to the workouts, maybe Missy was not the object of this perp's desire/rage/anger. I'm thinking only mom and dad would know when the oldest daughter was accompanying Missy to the workouts. I'm still stuck on Missy being targeted, but this might be my second guess if there are not any hard leads that Missy had a stalkerish-type person in her life, the daughter might be second to look and see if she had any stalkerish-type guys in her life, even remotely.

9. Bill Carson

Bill Carson Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. The cameras (I would guess) pick up near movement, but not movement from outside through windows. I imagine it was while the camera was capturing movement inside the building that they were able to see a car in the parking lot through a window.

10. Bootsctr

This kind of makes the hair on my neck stand up too:

2. Bevers was at the church early because she was teaching a Camp Gladiator boot camp class. She lived in nearby Red Oak with her family and was formerly a public school teacher and worked with students with special needs.

Former student with a crush. Someone she befriended, maybe she didn't have as much time for as she once did.

11. Canaille

Canaille Well-Known Member

Good point! I had a neighbor whose daughter was held hostage by an ex. His intent was to kill the mother, but instead the step-father showed up and was shot through the door by the ex. So, maybe the daughter could have been the intended victim.

12. Kels05

Kels05 New Member

13. Bootsctr

I started to say this earlier, but.... We're the good guys! lol!

14. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

Ok, now i understand
    That makes a lot of sense and certainly is an answer to the question about no video of the car leaving

15. Gae

Gae Active Member

I think you may be right - just checking to make certain the coast is clear.

Welcome and thanks for the input.

16. Jsoeur

Jsoeur Member

Don't forget, BB in one of his first interviews even suggested moyorcycle garb

17. Gae

Gae Active Member

I keep wondering how much additional surveillance footage LE has from the church and what's on it.

18. Bootsctr

SCHMAE is right. We need a presser, but I suspect, as many of you have stated, LE will hold off releasing anything new until after Missy's funeral tomorrow. It will probably be Monday before we get anything new, unless case busts wide open for which I am praying for the family and true friends of Missy.

"Police also said that they do not know if the suspect was carrying a weapon or if anything was stolen from the church.

Bevers was first seen at the church at 4:20 a.m.

No items appear to have been taken from the church but there is significant damage.

'We are exploring all possibilities,' says Chief Smith.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ning-slaying-fitness-coach.html#ixzz46aWLV5E2

*I am very interested in knowing the amount $$$ of damage the church received, and if the church has been a target of vandalism or robbery in the past. Would help rule in if this "person" also had it in for the church. I'm just astounded at how rural it looks from the maps. If I was the husband, or family member, I would have been very worried about Missy doing this alone at this location. Just saying! 4:20 a.m. is DARK!

19. SurfieTX

SurfieTX Well-Known Member

20. RubyRed

RubyRed "Keep on Truckin"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.