TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MIKAYOYO

MIKAYOYO What?

I agree. I have a lot of friends who sell weight loss products and boot camp programs. They are all public on Facebook and Twitter. There are many crazy people out there.

I know a ton of people who work out early in the morning especially at these boot camp type places. I don't think it's someone in the group. Moo

2. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

Just now catching up on some afternoon posts--hope this one's not too old to respond to.

I don't know about any doors on the side of the church closest to the creek (opposite from side facing the highway). The door and window this article is mentioning is on the north side of the church - the end with the two skinny strips of parking and off-road trail tracks. That door was jimmied (exterior handle taken off), and a nearby window (requiring a ladder to fix) was broken. The door probably serviced the dumpsters--photos in the first thread show a rolling waste receptacle just inside the jimmied door.

Several pages back (maybe in other thread) we were talking about why both door and window would be breached - only thing I could come up with was that the door was the point of entry and window the point of exit. Because if the window had been broken (and entered) successfully, then no need to waste considerable time also jimmying the exterior of the service door. Maybe the suspect started with the breaking the window and found it more difficult than he'd counted on to haul himself up and through, so then went on to tackle the door. But in any case, after the murder, if he's needing to strip off the exterior SWAT disguise, he wouldn't want to exit the same way he came in (hall door) due to cameras. So the solution would be to strip those off in the room with the window, then exit via the window. Which puts perp on opposite side of the church from arriving campers. Still dark enough at 5:00 am to sneak away.

I don't think perp had a car in the lot...it'd risk Missy seeing it pulling in that single entryway. It'd also be more conspicuous in that tight timeframe (LE asking, "did you see any car leave here?") But if perp did arrive by way of car, then we'd maybe have a local accomplice scenario with the car not hanging around. But that would be far more complicated, and we've been told nothing that suggests there were two perps on the property that day. I tend to think perp just disappeared up towards the creek (perhaps via a bike left under a tree north of the church), or (if a real or fake/new camp partipant), s/he simply circled around the building and joined the gathering throng of campers who'd planned on working out that Monday.

3. Plumeria5

Plumeria5 Well-Known Member

I would love to see a video of this guy walking.

Adding: Ok, so I see they do have them on video. Of the three the first one in the stills could be about the same stature as the one on the Creekside video. Can't really see his feet that well in the video they have.

4. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

Did I see the perp reading a bulletin board in the hall on that new surveillance cam ?? How odd.. just killing time ??

5. PoirotryInMotion

I had the exact same thought - when perp leaned back to look up at the Dutch doors I got the sudden sense s/he was having trouble seeing through visor, goggles, or whatever was on her face.

6. Jsoeur

Jsoeur New Member

Not everyone is always looking on FB... If she had his cell # she may have called thinking he was at home. What's odd to me, like others already said, is why she would be close enough to have the cell # but not go say Hi to MB

7. Sparky395

Sparky395 New Member

I've lived here for 18 years and have always loved our little town but it is growing so fast that we are losing that hometown feel.
    I know which trailer park you are talking about, it's still there and we have a few other little pockets that fit that description. However I do not recall any particular problems with those areas, or at least nothing that was news worthy.
    Last year two people were arrested for more than $600,000 worth of illegal drugs, including Meth and black tar heroin. And that was in a decent neighborhood! Just a few weeks ago an elderly lady had her car stolen (they took her keys from her when she was loading her groceries into her car) from our Walmart store in broad daylight. Evil is all around us even when we think we are in a safe little town.

8. Plumeria5

Plumeria5 Well-Known Member

9. Murrayforlife

Murrayforlife New Member

Could this have been some sort of gang initiation rite? Dallas is close. Prospective gang members have to do some violent things to get in some of these gangs?

10. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

there use to be a gang in Waxahachie called the East Side but I thought they hung out in their area mostly. Doubt it, my guess is a rival or an insurance job

11. asac

asac New Member

Quite a few people have mentioned the hand along the wall thing.

I'm not a young male or a high school kid. I'm a 30s female and I am a "toucher", I admit it. I frequently touch things when I'm walking, brush my hands along a wall or tap on it, touch or grab a corner or something I'm walking by, bang a 'tune' on it, drag my hand along fences, can't resist a cast iron fence. It has nothing to do with balance for me or any emotions, I just do it . I pick things up in shops and touch them whether they really interest me or not. I'm also a "tapper" and "fidgeter" in general.

So that also stuck out to me and made me think that could potentially be kind of important in terms of recognizing behaviour - I know that people who know me know my touching and it's potentially kind of distinctive. It's a shame that the video doesn't really offer any other "touchy" opportunities to see if it's a pattern or not - since the person is generally carrying things.I usually don't bother with tapping on walls when I'm carrying something :blushing:

12. PoirotryInMotion

I was pretty sure I'd read her phone was in there too (probably in her purse). I can do a search tomorrow and try to round up the article again.

But even if the phone was on her person, I'm wondering if LE would've let the friend use it to call the husband. (Evidence, securing crime scene, etc.) It strikes me as so non-protocol that the camper contacted him (on any phone) that I'm left wondering if it was done without their initial knowledge and ok in the first place...just in the flurry of things.

13. PoirotryInMotion

Initial search just now turned up similar article a day ago about search warrant seeking access to her truck in which they could see "a purse, iPad, and personal effects." Can't tell from that if her phone was in her purse or not. Unless she had a pocket in her workout clothes, it'd be likely she wouldn't carry her phone while unloading equipment. But, not 100 percent sure with this article if her phone was with her or not.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...rs-Truck-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html

14. Nancee Drue

Nancee Drue Member

Yahoo news:

"Police said damage was found throughout the building.

“We don’t understand all the movement within the church,” Johnson said.

Because stranger-on-stranger murders are so rare, Bevers’ spouse of 20 years has been the subject of scrutiny throughout the week.

Brandon Bevers, her husband, has said he was on an annual fishing trip in Biloxi, Miss., at the time of the slaying. Police were asked about his alibi on Friday.

“We’re closer to an absolute confirmation,” Johnson said. “Her husband is cooperating in the investigation.”

Page found here:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

15. cady

cady Well-Known Member

lol Remember "Pat" from SNL ?

16. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

That is fleeing. To get into a struggle someone has to grab someone. It's not like Missy died from being tackled as the perp barreled out the door to get away....I guess it's technically possible LE could say that she died from a fall and just happened to hit her head the wrong way, but that's certainly not the impression I got as it sounded liked there was an extended battle or at least made to appear that way. I would expect fleeing where someone could get hurt incidentally/accidentally in an attempt to escape, but not a reason for either the perp or Missy to voluntarily get into a fight with one another as choosing to stay and fight is not fleeing if you're the perp and would be highly dangerous and unusual if you're Missy to voluntarily fight an armed and armored perp. By choosing to fight the perp in fact risked capture as the longer they're in the building, the greater the risk more people start showing up - like they were - and simply surrounding the perp and having LE arrive or otherwise having multiple people seeing a license plate number.

17. SuzDuJour

SuzDuJour Well-Known Member

Perp didn't strike me as a Harley type....maybe a Vespa.

18. SuzDuJour

SuzDuJour Well-Known Member

Interesting that an iPad and purse in her unlocked truck were not taken. Did perp see others by then?

19. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Morning all, before I go back and read over 200 posts, has anything new actually happened in the last few hours?

20. feelinghip

feelinghip New Member

No,nothing new. Just more speculation, no facts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.