Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. During the initial searches through the night they had all but eliminated vehicle accident (of which was their initial thoughts when Tom missed curfew). By the next morning, with vehicle accident ruled out, the next thought may be suicide. This was Canadian Texas .... if they were in Chicago or Houston the next thought may have been foul play but foul play does not immediately come to thought in quiet small town Canadian. So, with emotions and fear running high along with some family history, PM naturally would think suicide might be a possibility.

As you point out, if PM was currently covering a suicide then WHY would she respond to NL that suicide came to mind? She would not.

IMO, far too much has been made of PM's very early response the NL's question.

In TB's Body #2 timeline and who interviewed who are a bit different.

When the M's originally contacted SO office, they were told "He's 18, he can do as he pleases.
The 2nd time they called, Deputy Pine came out to the house (time unk) and the 3 of them stood outside of the M's house and talked for 15 minutes. (Don't know who the 3 are).

Two days later PM and CM went into the SO's office where they were interviewed by S.O Brit Clapp (sp) and a State Trooper.
PM mentioned suicide and "the choking game" Suicide was not out of the realm of possibility. PM was adamant that she had seen no behavoir changes in TB. She also mentioned that maybe he ran off to Wrestlers school.

Last edited:
Or PK was hired to help her find her son. I am trying to see the facts as we know it and I just do not see how between the time of Tom gasing up the Durango and the texts between the family and Tom and Tucker having a friend at home and with him and going out with Tucker to search, and calls to Tom's friends and calls to the Sheriff's Office, and the Durango being driven around town at the same time Penny and Tucker are out looking for him, how could the Meek family have time for something to happen and they find out about it or are involved in it and then cover it up? When was this supposed to happen, whatever it is ? I am talking about that night Tom went missing before PK was even hired.

Or PK was hired to help her find her son. I am trying to see the facts as we know it and I just do not see how between the time of Tom gasing up the Durango and the texts between the family and Tom and Tucker having a friend at home and with him and going out with Tucker to search, and calls to Tom's friends and calls to the Sheriff's Office, and the Durango being driven around town at the same time Penny and Tucker are out looking for him, how could the Meek family have time for something to happen and they find out about it or are involved in it and then cover it up? When was this supposed to happen, whatever it is ? I am talking about that night Tom went missing before PK was even hired.
Because why Penny and Tucker was out doing all this supposedly searching and establishing a timeline or alibi the only explanation given about Chris is he was home alone. Who really knows? And is the search vehicle’s ever caught on camera in the area and time they were said to have been?

...... It is really sad that the investigation wasn’t able to just follow the real leads in the beginning because so many people got behind the smoke and coverup perpetrated to make everyone look in the other direction.

Klein is on the civil side of the spectrum; neither Klein or the general public have any authority whatsoever to arrest or charge anybody with a crime. Neither Klein or the general public can prevent or obstruct law enforcement from investigating leads or any other part of their official duties. The loss of crucial evidence during the early stages of the investigation rests solely on the shoulders of HCSO, not any outside parties.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I agree that PK was the one who came in (6 days after Tom disappeared) and turned this case upside down and all around and not in a good way. He slandered the Sheriff and just about everyone else he pointed the finger at. He also changed scenarios several times too.

The only thing PK found in his organized search was the phone. (In mint condition) and 6 minutes in at that. (TB's Body #5).

Kelly Brown, birth father of TB was in tears and very angry during and after TB's wake because PK was introducing himself and shaking hands with people who were there. (TB's Body #6).

At the big meeting called by the AG investigators (date unk) (TB's Body #7) it was announced that there was NO evidence that TB was murdered. It was stated that there was not enough evidence to say what happened to TB. And they did search SO Lewis's office. The only blood found was that on the door of the Durango. The luminol test reacted to paint TB had spilled inside the Durango the week before. The AG office stated they weren't going to paint anyone as a criminal. Again, there was no evidence of criminal activity or suicide or that he died a natural death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member