Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this informative site. I live not too far from Canadian but was unaware he had been found until a few days ago. Breaks my heart.

I guess the saddest part of this story is how close he was to safety. How close he was to home, to Thanksgiving dinner, to his upcoming role in the play, to Graduation, and a promising life. My prayers go out to his family.

This is pure speculation on my part and I hope it is not true. The only reason I say this is because of the radio DJ mentioning he was dismembered and because the audio was posted on FB. I did not read the comments on that post discussing the dismemberment, but this had to have crossed some minds. Knowing that probably his family has already considered this scenario is the only reason I would post it. My heart is filled with compassion and sadness. Prayers for his mother!

But if you are not from this area, or have not been home in a while, then you may not know that there are feral hogs that run loose in the Canadian River area.

Do a Google search for attacks by wild hogs. I am not a wildlife expert or a gun fan, but I dated a guy who lived for sport hunting and went on a hog hunt with him when he took me to meet his family in Arkansas. One of the guys in our group told us he had to scramble up a tree to keep from being gouged. That was in 2009 & back then I do not believe the hogs were as common in this area. But they are now.

I have a very sinking feeling that his death was premeditated. That teens took him out to that area, stripped him naked, and left him for the hogs. :( That could explain why his clothes were thrown out the window, IMO. If the kids watched the attack, I do not know how they can continue on this Earth. But feral hogs can devour a human in minutes and digest all but the hair and teeth. And I have heard rumor only his head was found - Worst case scenario. It is just speculation and I pray to God it is not what took place.

That makes leaving the killer on the loose even scarier! Knowing a body disposal is there for the next time too...

Also this possibility makes NL's off-hand comments about him leaving town with an older man even more disgusting. It was hunting season and with all the feeders in that area I would suspect there were many hogs in close proximity. Is it possible NL did not want searchers in the area because it would interfere with the hunt for a trophy mule deer? Shameful, yet possible. How terribly sad this makes me.

Prayers for justice to be served and the guilty put away for life. Also praying that NL be humbled, do the right thing, and step down as Sheriff- in the interest of healing the community. God Bless the folks in Hemphill County.

Also with a gun pointed on him it is possible 1 person could have accomplished this. Though unlikely IMO.

The SD worked this case with such callousness it is no wonder people may suspect they had a hand in his murder.

But considering the book the mom gave to his classmates at graduation, I suspect she believes it was teenagers who did this to her child.

Last edited:
Also, about the phone.. if someone had found the phone and taken it home not long after TB went missing, i.e. a road construction worker.. they could have taken the phone home then realized what they had & freaked & returned the phone to the area & called with a tip. Would explain why the phone was in such good condition & why the backplate may have been a different color if the person had taken it apart-IMO.

Also read somewhere that Klein stated a tip was recieved from workers doing road repair who had picked up the phone and tossed it over a fence. & Did not realize what it was at the time. I believe it was on channel 10 website.

Last edited:
From newschannel10.com, Philip Klein explains the search was organized based on specific information:

SNIPED-
"He explains here some background behind the evidence they have and need.

"We have found some clothing that we believe did belong to Tom. We have it categorized and we believe somebody was throwing it out the window coming off Lake Marvin Road on that night," said Klein. "We have the need to find a cell phone that was found out here, but yet thrown over a fence by some workers, Department of Transportation workers, that they didn't know what they had.""

Source-
Hundreds gather to search for evidence in case of missing teenager Thomas Brown

Also with a gun pointed on him it is possible 1 person could have accomplished this. Though unlikely IMO.

The SD worked this case with such callousness it is no wonder people may suspect they had a hand in his murder.

But considering the book the mom gave to his classmates at graduation, I suspect she believes it was teenagers who did this to her child.

I wasn't aware that his mom gave anyone a book?

I wasn't aware that his mom gave anyone a book?
Neither was I. Then I just found this:
Posted Jun 3, 2017 at 7:00 PM
“CANADIAN - Near the kitchen table in Penny Meek's home were two stacks of books, 30 of them in all. On closer inspection, the books were ‘God Will Carry You Through’ from Christian author/pastor Max Lucado.

‘I read it after Thomas went missing,’ she said. ‘I got them for graduation gifts. It's the story of Joseph, with his brothers selling him into slavery and the many trials he went through, but he still honored God. That's what I want to do.’

[SBM]”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.amarillo.com/news/local-news/crime-and-courts/2017-06-03/beilue-how-do-you-go-without-knowing-where-your-child?template=ampart

About the book:
When life is falling apart, God will carry you through.

It has been said that everyone is either entering, in the midst of, or just exiting a trial. Popular author and pastor Max Lucado has discovered that at any given point, almost everyone is dealing with something. Whether the loss of a loved one, marriage issues, illness, job loss, or the stress of everyday life, people everywhere need the assurance that God will carry them through.

[SBM]
God Will Carry You Through by Max Lucado

Is this what you are referring to, @since80?

Is this what you are referring to, @since80?

Yes, sir.

I have not read the book, but I am going to. In the bible, Joseph's brothers have a mob mentality and decide rather than killing Joseph, they will sell him into slavery. They then tell their father, Jacob, that Joseph was "devoured by a ferocious animal" and nothing they could ever do brought any comfort to the grief-stricken father. Joseph's fate hangs like a thunder cloud over their lives. Joseph meanwhile begins to see more of God's hand in his life than that of his brothers' and he is moved with compassion for them instead of anger.

What a remarkable woman TB's mother is. I have no idea where she gets her strength from, but she has endured pure hell and is not shaken from her pursuit of finding the truth and justice for her son. Tb could not have had a better woman in his corner. I dont think anything will satisfy justice in this situation, it is tremendously unfair. But no doubt she will get as close as she can get to justice for her son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell