TX TX - Tommy Lynn Sells

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by santos1014, Dec 1, 2006.

1. santos1014

santos1014 Nana to Madelynn and Ethan

Has there ever been any threads here about this person? If so, could someone link me to them? From the little that I have read, it seems he could possibly be linked to some missing/murdered child cases that have run cold or have someone else accused of it. thanks.

2. Loading...

3. Jeana (DP)

Jeana (DP) Former Member

4. santos1014

Thanks. Wow. Do you know if the DNA on the hair was ever completed? I noticed in several of your posts that you felt you were undecided in this case. Do you still feel the same or are you convinced now that Sells did it?
    I also saw some people comparing this case to Darlie.

5. Jeana (DP)

Jeana (DP) Former Member

6. santos1014

Oh I am sure Darlie's camp jumped on this one. It does sound familiar, but, once again, the evidence points only one direction..right back at Darlie.
    Thanks again for the info. I am trying to get out of the JonBenet mode, as it is becoming a bit of an obsession to me.

7. justice2

justice2 New Member

He was on the tv last night. Don't know what channel. Isn't he kinda nice creepy, if there is such a thing.

Yes, JonBenet and Darlie at the same time is too much.

8. Dean

Dean New Member

Tommy Lynn Sells admitted to killing Joel Kirkpatrick on the March 9th, 07 20/20 update story on Julie Rea Harper case . . . also included is comments by Diane Fanning, the author to whom he first confessed to the crime, even knowing the exact date! There have been several other programs/interviews on TLS in the past few years, including 48 Hours and Discovery Channel's multi-part series on serial killers with Dr. Michael Stone. He also confessed on Montel Williams' Show back in 2003 or 2004 to killing Joel, saying he was hired to kill Julie, and didn't know Joel would be there. From the transcripts I've read of what TLS said, he seemed to know a lot about the crime scene ~ that was interesting. He was in prison, Diane Fanning said, when Darlie's boys were murdered.

9. bamafide

bamafide New Member

One of the last people Tommy Lynn Sells murdered was one of my best-friend's cousin, Kaylene Harris, and slashed the throat of one of her friends that was spending the night, Krystal Surles. The mother of Kaylene and a deaf brother was in the trailer when the horrible thing happened. Krystal walked a good distance to a neighboring house and scratched out the words "Harris family needs help". Kaylene's parents moved here after the murder....she is buried about 30 miles away from here. Very sad.

10. Still looking in MS

Still looking in MS New Member

Has anyone got any information on Tommy Lynn Sells and possible involvement in other unsolved / cold cases BESIDES the ones listed / described in the books authored by Diane Fanning, Donna Hughes, or "Tori Rivers" (and the Radford U. Timeline) / Tru Crime Library web article? I am trying to find out information about his time in Mississippi, especially in 1979 and in connection with the murder of John Cade. I am trying to compile as much information on Sells as I can, so if anyone knows who, if anyone, he is currently communicating with, please advise. Other than the above-described resources, I am also aware of the documentaries of Stephane Bourgoin and the several episodes of "Most Evil"
    which comment on and/or feature TLS with Dr. Michael Stone. I have not seen the double episode of "48 Hours" on Sells which aired in 2001, but I have seen the transcript. Inasmuch as it aired in 2001, of course, it mostly concentrates on the Del Rio events which (thankfully) proved to be his last murder and attempted murder. If I may be of any help whatsoever to anyone wondering about whether TLS was possibly involved in a cold case, I am glad to share whatever information I have managed to obtain. Many thanks in advance!

11. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

B4igo2it just happened to post this link about Sells on the Michael Klunder thread last night. You may have this info but maybe it can help you in your quest anyway. He would have been about 19 years old during the time period you were looking at. He was definitely a very vicious and evil man.

Tommy Lynn Sells was born on June 28, 1964.

By the time Tommy Lynn Sells was 14-years-old, he had left home with his eighth grade education and a lust for drugs and crime. He became addicted to drugs, anything he could get, as often as he could get it. He was arrested on several occasions and even jailed, but authorities had no idea that they had their hands on a serial killer until it was too late for too many people. Authorities were only able to fill in the details of the transient Tommy Lynn Sells' life after his arrest for murder in 2000.

http://voices.yahoo.com/biography-serial-killer-tommy-lynn-sells-6154624.html?cat=7

12. Foxfire

Foxfire New Member

Still looking in MS, you are prolly aware of the many interviews & documentaries on youtube of TLS. If not, here is the Link: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Tommy+Lynn+sells&sm=12

Have you considered writing to him in prison? SKs luv attention. The last thing on their bucket list of evil, once caught is notoriety.. An acquaintance of mine wrote SK Gary Hilton(GA/NC/FL, etc.) while in Jackson(GA) prison awaiting a DP trial in Tally, FL. SK GMH's reply was very informative..

You may want to put a rush on that letter:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqqj_GXieJM"]Serial killer Tommy Lynn Sells to be executed - YouTube[/ame]
    Published on Jan 3, 2014
    HOUSTON (AP) - A Texas death row inmate who's been linked to more than a dozen slayings and who's claimed to have committed as many as 70 murders around the country has an execution date. Tommy Lynn Sells is set for lethal injection April 3 in Huntsville. A state judge in Del Rio in Val Verde County last month set the date for the 49-year-old Sells. His lead appeals attorney said Friday lawyers were kind of surprised when they received a copy of the order.

13. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Active Member

14. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Judge Halts Tommy Lynn Sells Execution

15. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

[​IMG]
    Kaylene Harris

Texas Serial Killer Executed After Losing Supreme Court Appeal

16. SpriteGal

SpriteGal New Member