TX - Tommy McGraw, Beth Wilburn & James Oatis, slain, League City, Nov 1983 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Marilynilpa, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa New Member

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unsolved Triple Homicide[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DATE OF OFFENSE: 11-02-1983[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LCPD CASE: 83-1901[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Offense: CAPITAL MURDER[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Location: Corvette Concepts, 595 W. Main, League City, TX 77573[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Victims: [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beth Wilburn
    Tommy McGraw
    James Oatis
    [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Details: On November 02, 1983, an unknown person(s) entered the Corvette Concepts garage. The suspect(s) brutally stabbed Beth Wilburn over 100 times, killing her in the business office of the garage. The suspect(s) then stabbed Tommy McGraw multiple times when he arrived at the business. The object used to stab the Tommy McGraw was impaled in his spine. The final victim, James Oatis, was an electrician working at the rear of the business. He was fatally shot several times. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anyone having information on this case is asked to contact Sgt. Dan Krieger at the League City Police Department. 281-338-4171
    [/font]​
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.lcpd.com/concepts.htm

[/font]

2. Loading...

3. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa New Member

It is hard to imagine a woman being stabbed over 100 times. The brutality of these three murders certainly makes it appear that the attacks were personal.

Whoever committed these murders must have been thoroughly covered in blood. Someone must have seen something. It's hard to believe that no one has ever come forward with any information about this horrific crime!

4. michelle

michelle Joy comes in the Morning

I agree, thats some rage.......

5. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

Do you know of any leads at this time?

6. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa New Member

I can't find anything recent about this horrible crime. I just happened to run across it while researching two other murders that had taken place in that town.

I'm going to e-mail the police department and see if they have any information they can share with us.

7. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

please keep me updated, this is so horrible.

8. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa New Member

I e-mailed the police department in League City, Texas, and got this reply:

The Corvette Concepts murders are also still open. I agree

with your assessment of the anger displayed toward Beth. We

have suspects in that case, but the evidence required to

support a criminal conviction is presently insufficient.

Again, we are actively seeking information leading to the

arrest of this killer, or killers.

9. Yaya

Yaya Esse Quam Videri

I'm curious if there was a shower in the Corvette Shop. It would not be unusual. My cousin owns a Corvette Shop and he has a shower for his employees, due to the fact, they deal with fiberglass daily.

It is very common for someone who stabbed 2 people this many times to have cut himself in the process. You would think the perps blood would have also been found at the crime scene on a door facing or where ever he made his exit. I'm sure with all the blood it would be difficult for investigators.

10. IslandGirl

IslandGirl Lab Rat Catacomb Dweller

I'm just trying to figure out where in League City Corvette Concepts is or was. Along 518, East or West of I-45?

11. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

http://thepolicenews.net/html/TPNMar11.pdf

newsletter dated March 2011

Pretty thorough.

She (wilburn) was stabbed over 100 times with what was probably a screwdriver and then shot several times. Her BF (McGraw) was stabbed with the same screwdriver and it was found embedded in his spine.

Oatis (Electrician) was hanging light fixtures and was shot while atop a ladder.

(interesting coverage about Currie, who had a previous relationship with Beth Wilburn and was also co-owner of shop as well)

Pretty good article. JMHO

12. morf13

morf13 New Member

Bumping this Very interesting case. The savage stabbing seems like a rage,spur of the moment,crime of passion attack. The Gun shows more of a pre-planned crime. Odd to see that kind of mix. I think this case may have some connection to the i-45 killings going on, and may be connected to the case of Laura Lynn Miller, and the letter that her Father, Tim Miller received. I think it's possible that the killer brought a gun with him to control any Victims, and that he really wanted to stab somebody. The Zodiac killer attacked a couple in Napa in 1969, and used a gun to get them under control, and then stabbed them once they were under control. The same thing may be at work here.

Although the overkill stabbing seems to make it a crime of passion, or a personal connection to the Victim, there have been killers that have stabbed people dozens of times, and had no connection to the Victim.

13. Texasguy

Texasguy New Member

14. KayElJay

KayElJay <b><span style="color:#000099;">WS Forum Moderator Moderator

From @Texasguy link above,