TX TX - Tony Pineda, 23, blind, Dallas, 7 Oct 2001

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Bobby88, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Bobby88

Bobby88 Whatever happened to Johnnie Herrera?

This is a case I stumbled upon on the Charley Project. Unfortunately, there's little in the way of info. I'm not sure who to contact to find out more information. I can't even find an email address for the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pineda_tony.html

It states that Tony was "depressed and disoriented" at the time of his disappearance; the "disoriented" part intrigues me. Did he have other conditions that would have caused him to become disoriented and wander off? How long had he been blind? He appears blind in his graduation pic, but we don't know if that's from a high school graduation or college graduation. If it was the latter, given Tony's age when he vanished, could the blindness have been a recent occurence? If so, could he have become depressed about his sight loss that he wandered away to commit suicide?
    Was he totally blind, or did he have some sight/light perception? Most people who are legally blind are not totally blind. Apparently, whatever sight he may have had was impaired enough for him to be classified "disabled missing" instead of just "missing" or "endangered missing". Was he living on his own at the time? Did he have a roommate?

Tony's handicap, along with his unusually short stature of 5'2" and the fact that he appeared to be noticeably disoriented, would make him stand out in a crowd. People would remember him, and it seems like a bad sign that they, as far as we know, don't.

2. Loading...

3. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

This is sad , I cant find any info, I do have a friend with that last name in Dallas ill ask on FB if she knows anything about this?

4. Bobby88

Thanks.

Cases like this always bother me. Although Tony was an adult, the fact that he's classified as a disabled missing person gives the impression that he would have had trouble sustaining himself on his own.

5. Bobby88

Bump.

6. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

My friend in Dallas not related . Darn!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

7. Bobby88

Bump.

8. Bobby88

Bump.

9. Cherry

Cherry Pie

Is there any back story on his family any pleas made via media? Any family across the border?

10. Bobby88

Unfortunately, I don't know. There's almost no info about Tony to be found online other than his Charley Project page. Something tells me Tony may not have been able to sustain himself for very long on his own.