NOTGUILTY TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by MrsMush99, Oct 23, 2003.

1. RadarLuv

RadarLuv New Member

Right. I have a vision of DeGuerin making a quote/unquote gesture with his hands.

2. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

Correct. But DeGuerins comment is not a "TAKE NOTE PROSECUTION! Mark that interview" event.

Or a "If he calls it a confession he believes in it" comment.

It's very clear his lawyer does not believe the "confession"
    It was a sarcastic spin

3. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

It doesn't matter to me. He is acknowledging it. If he think it mattered he would not comment on it at all. Just defense spin but in the end I believe it will come in and they will have to face it in court. In context, It is obvious that it is indeed a confession.

4. TexMex

IMO it's notice to the prosecution that this "confession" will be contested. Of course he acknowledges it. It's been in every news story since the arrest. It would be foolish to ignore it.

5. Wishbone

Wishbone Well-Known Member

If the following is true then it doesn't matter what Durst said in the bathroom

The role of the documentary in assembling evidence against Durst could complicate a criminal trial, but LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said Tuesday he was confident the prosecution would not depend on the broadcast.

“It is a unique set of circumstances,” he said. “But our case is independent of the documentary. Our case will stand on its own.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...mer-brother-in-law-20150317-story.html#page=1

6. wenwe4

wenwe4 Well-Known Member

This explains the large bump on his head someone posted a pic upthread, and the scar on his skull. Shunts for hydrocephalus aren't necessarily a quick drain. It may take quite some time to reduce the fluid.

Since his Atty previously argued he had a "medical condition" to explain the urinating on candy (although he has a history of "marking his territory" that goes back decades), I expect the Atty will argue he doesn't know what he is mumbling about or "confessing" to, nor is he able to decipher his own handwriting - due to his "medical condition".

7. WhoaIsMe

WhoaIsMe Member

While I believe the bathroom confession was genuine
    IMO even Nurmi and Wilmott could explain it away. 'He knew his mic was hot. He was just saying that for dramatic effect for the show' or any number of excuses.

I hope they have more than this and the envelopes. If they don't, this is going to be an uphill battle all the way.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

8. TexMex

9. TexMex

On Sunday night at 7, Investigation Discovery will air a special presentation of "Vanity Fair Confidential: The Robert Durst Story," which originally ran in late January and has been updated to reflect recent developments.

Among those featured in the special is Texas private investigator Bobbi Bacha, who says she uncovered a long-ago connection between Durst and Morris Black, his cantankerous elderly neighbor in Galveston whose headless, dismembered body was found floating in the bay in 2001. Durst admitted killing and dismembering Black, but he was acquitted of murder, after he and his high-priced defense team improbably convinced the jury that Durst had killed Black in self-defense.

Bacha believes that Black, like Berman, had become a potential liability to Durst and that he fled to Galveston not to escape the long arm of Pirro, as his lawyers claimed, but "to check out Morris Black and see if he was blabbing," Bacha believes that in 1982, Durst called in Morris Black and his brother, Harry Black, for "a special mission" — to help him get rid of Kathie's body. "After Kathie disappeared, both of them had lots of money in the bank," Bacha says. "These are very, very, very poor people. How did they get so much money?"

10. jennapuppy

jennapuppy Well-Known Member

I don't know how long Robert Durst has lived in Houston, but an article with Douglas Durst mentioned an uncomfortable encounter with Robert at a wedding in Houston just a week before he murdered Morris Black. If RD had lived in the area for awhile, he was probably familiar with the case of Patrick Welsh, who faked his death in Ohio, leaving behind a wife and 2 sons. 15 years later, his "widow" finds that he had been living in Galveston under the name of Tim Kingsbury, where he had been quite active in the community and was a well-respected civic leader. Even when his past came to light, people in the community continued to support him.

Man 'Dead' 15 Years Resurfaces as Civic Leader
    http://articles.latimes.com/1998/mar/01/news/mn-24350

11. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

LE: Mrs. Durst unless you cooperate with us you could be looking at five yea...

Mrs. Durst: What do you want to know. Can I have another smoke?

TMM27HANNIBAL1_a_434295c.jpg

12. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

As many here, I like a sense of humor during things so awful and tragic.... please scroll by if you don't have the ilk for such.. but I :floorlaugh: for those of us that have followed at the intelligence and humor and skill of the below which is a summary for those that like visuals....

Do y'all get each icon? I "get" all but two... so perhaps will "get" once I post this I'm sure.....

Durst.JPG

https://instagram.com/p/0aix-1o8ir/

13. jennapuppy

jennapuppy Well-Known Member

...and he said that with a smirk on his face. Then he rubbed his mouth as if to wipe that smirk off his face. You could just see that he was gloating over the fact that he'd gotten away with it all these years.

14. ScarlettScarpetta

Yep. He is well schooled in skirting around the police and getting away with things. I bet he has been doing this his whole life.
    I still think there was something more to his mother's death.

15. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

Just finished The Jinx after hearing all the great reviews. Here's my thoughts:

What kind of screwed up father takes his child to watch his mother kill herself? Makes you wonder. Strange that people (and animals) just kept dying around him...

The initial detective was either a hack or he was paid off. He didn't have enough evidence...ok. No body. But there was so much there. He didn't even try. He never questioned anyone. He never went to the home. I thought one of the most damning things was hkm throwing her belongings away before anyone really Knew what happened. The detective knows it. He knows he killed her.

At first I was mad at Douglas then I realized he is bat chit terrified of his brother. I realized he was afraid of saying or doing a single thing that would incur Bob's wrath. So he kept running from it. As for the rest of the family, IDK. The nephew seems to understand it though.

The second wife is scum. She just wants all of Bob's money. She knew about Bob's plan to kill his brother and said nothing. She had an irrational hatred of him.

The Galveston jury...wow. So Bob is on the run from Janine Piriro because he's innocent? Makes sense. He chopped up someone he accidentally killed because...he's the unluckiest man alive? Wonder how they feel now. It wasn't about evidence. They liked the man. They connected with him. What a sham.

That letter is it. And I kept noticing throughout that he kept giving himself away. "They used the word cadaver so the police would think it was a doctor or medic or something." "They used block letters so they couldn't detect the handwriting...clearly."

16. ScarlettScarpetta

I still think that the father wanted a witness. No one would ever call their 7 yr old to watch someone jump from the roof. I wonder how that death was investigated if at all.

17. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

That he did. I noticed that when watching the show. After a while it all became a game to see what he could get away with. Why else would he still a $2.00 sandwich?

18. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

A witness to what, if you please? I'm just getting caught up still. The suicide?

19. TexMex

BK has some documents on her site

The search warrant for his 3 condos at 2520 Robinhood St. units 1405, 606 and 801

The Motion for Detention in Louisiana

20. ScarlettScarpetta

That is what has been bugging me. Why would he want his 7 yr old who was sleeping to see it? Was he looking for a witness to it? Why would he wake up a child to see that? " say goodbye to mommy" he said Seymour said.

If you wife is up on the roof, Why would you not call the police ASAP? I have to wonder if Robert saw what he thinks he saw.