TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

Super! Thanks! I must have missed that. I could never understand why the police didn't think kidnapping as a possibility from the get-go. Certainly, there was enough $$ to suggest it could have been a motive for her disappearance or, more likely, one RD would throw out to deflect . I wonder if this note will play into any new investigation in NY.

Very true. Maybe that's what made the Durst family realize that Bobby had killed his wife. That she vanished in the middle of divorce talk and no ransom was immediatly demanded? Perhaps the Feb note was from a prankster? Or for Bob to have something to show his family?
Like the book points out...Kathie had been a Durst for nine years. But when she's suddenly gone she's no more important than a house cat who turns up missing. She was disposable

I had not heard this before, that the week before Kathy went missing she told a neighbor that she wanted a divorce, and she wanted $200,000 (to help finish up medical school) but Bob said he would only give her $100,000 if she were to divorce him. And lo and behold, Durst put out an offer of $100,000 reward for information when she went missing. About 21:00 on the attached Vanity Fair Confidential video

[video=youtube;QWWODDhPUpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QWWODDhPUpQ[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QWWODDhPUpQ

Thank you for posting the link to the VFC video atthelake. I set my DVR to record this episode but FiOS broadcasted Phil Spector instead :facepalm:

I'm going to watch this now.

The dynamic of power and control between KD and RD that has been documented thus far is breathtaking. I've no doubt she was in utter fear for her life. This resonates with me deeply. I gave up on med school as well because of a somewhat similar situation. My abuser was anything but supportive, and did all he could to thwart my efforts to succeed. Looking back, my successes equaled his failures. Also, my time away from home was time I could not be controlled, because I was interacting with others of a higher caliber than he, and that was a problem on many levels.

KD was being controlled on essentially every front. Financial abuse is silent, and makes it even more difficult to leave IME. Watching "The Jinx" has brought back so many memories. When I look at the many images of RD, I feel I can see the the cold cruelty in his eyes sometimes, and it is absolutely chilling.

I truly believe that RD relishes in the knowledge that only he knows what happened to his wife. So many people love and miss her, and he holds the key. His deafening silence, his refusal to admit any fault, and the lengths he's taken to paint a false portrait of what really happened on that last fateful night, IMO is why is a murderous psychopath.

He will not reveal the truth unless it serves his purpose. I pray something changes that forces his hand, so he will have to tell the truth. I know that the odds are slim to none. Otherwise, he will take this to his grave. Hopefully the current investigation will reveal it to the investigators. The recent documents that were confiscated (link upthread) give me a glimmer of hope.

Kathleen deserves to come home to her family. :candle: :rose:

Sorry for the long post. This one has me, literally, by my heart strings. :blushing:

:tears:

:twocents: and then some.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had not heard this before, that the week before Kathy went missing she told a neighbor that she wanted a divorce, and she wanted $200,000 (to help finish up medical school) but Bob said he would only give her $100,000 if she were to divorce him. And lo and behold, Durst put out an offer of $100,000 reward for information when she went missing. About 21:00 on the attached Vanity Fair Confidential video

[video=youtube;QWWODDhPUpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QWWODDhPUpQ[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QWWODDhPUpQ

A Deadly Secret...

Friends and her brother iirc claim she had documents to try and use against Robert for a better divorce settlement. Claims he had forged her signature on stock transfers.

A Deadly Secret...

Friends and her brother iirc claim she had documents to try and use against Robert for a better divorce settlement. Claims he had forged her signature on stock transfers.

Ah. Douglas. So much going on there. Personally, I think he is trying way too hard to point fingers at RD lately and it only draws attention to himself. Why now? Where were ya back in 1982 Doug? I don't buy one word he says. I don't believe he is afraid of being killed by RD at all. He might be afraid but for other reasons. If anything, if I were RD I would have been more afraid of Doug killing me!

“We are relieved and also grateful to everyone who assisted in the arrest of Robert Durst. We hope he will finally be held accountable for all he has done,” said Durst’s brother, Douglas Durst, in a statement." reads like a statement the family of a victim might make.

Ah. Douglas. So much going on there. Personally, I think he is trying way too hard to point fingers at RD lately and it only draws attention to himself. Why now? Where were ya back in 1982 Doug? I don't buy one word he says. I don't believe he is afraid of being killed by RD at all. He might be afraid but for other reasons. If anything, if I were RD I would have been more afraid of Doug killing me!

1. He has too much of an image to uphold in NYC. 2. really?....REALLY? You would believe Robert Durst, who has admitted to lying about anything he can basically, over Douglas? You're more afraid of Douglas, who has shown no penchant for violence, vengeance, or any other criminal activity, than the man who killed his own wife, killed his best friend, goes undercover as a MUTE WOMAN, and dismembered his NEIGHBOR. Okay. I'd seriously evaluate your judge of character if I were you.

Super! Thanks! I must have missed that. I could never understand why the police didn't think kidnapping as a possibility from the get-go. Certainly, there was enough $$ to suggest it could have been a motive for her disappearance or, more likely, one RD would throw out to deflect . I wonder if this note will play into any new investigation in NY.

Or, as one of the Durst nephews testified to in the documentary, they are a family that goes silent and pretends that things didn't happen that did. There are lots of families like this, mine included. It's an attitude of self-preservation, and "if we don't talk about it, it will go away". It's a really dysfunctional coping mechanism.
I would also doubt that the mother's suicide was ever discussed with the kids, if the mother was discussed at all after she died, which can create all sorts of long-lasting problems.
I also think they were perhaps worried about a civil suit from her family, which would be very possible if they were found to have overlooked or ignored her disappearance, and if Robert Durst were sued, it is much easier to prove than in a criminal case, and that money would come from his trust, which was held by the family and is a percentage of the total inheritance. I think that is part of the reason that they bought him out of the trust - to divorce themselves financially from him so if anyone ever tried to sue Bobby for any of the crimes they knew he was responsible for, Bobby would be solely financially liable and the settlement would not be tied to any Durst family holdings or trusts. They must have known at some point that his 'incidents' would become a financial liability.

I still cannot get over the female juror who said in a more recent interview with the filmmakers that she believed RD was speaking from the heart on the stand. What the WHAT??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

That poor woman...not the sharpest tool in the drawer, clearly. One of those people that takes everyone at face value and delves no deeper.

OK I was wondering the same thing during part 6 .. like what on earth are they thinking now?

One of those jurors - the foreman I think - was on the 48 Hours episode, and STILL believes Durst is "the unluckiest man in the world".
I seriously wonder how he gets through life without being taken robbed or taken advantage of. He just made himself an easy mark.

1. He has too much of an image to uphold in NYC. 2. really?....REALLY? You would believe Robert Durst, who has admitted to lying about anything he can basically, over Douglas? You're more afraid of Douglas, who has shown no penchant for violence, vengeance, or any other criminal activity, than the man who killed his own wife, killed his best friend, goes undercover as a MUTE WOMAN, and dismembered his NEIGHBOR. Okay. I'd seriously evaluate your judge of character if I were you.

You misunderstand. I have no doubt RD killed at least 3 people, is a sick man....... I think Doug was involved in covering up KD's murder is all and THAT info, the info that might just destroy Doug's stellar image you agree he has to up hold, might drive Doug to do rash things, IF he was involved. My character is fine.

I really don't think Doug was involved in covering up Kathie's murder specifically, what I think is that the family had their suspicions, which grew to the point where they knew he'd done it .. but that didn't all happen at first, and by the time it was obvious that RD had murdered Kathie they just wanted it kept 'in house', mind you .. RD certainly paid for it by being shut out of the family business and losing his so called 'birthright' and seeing it passing to his younger brother, these incidents of him urinating in his family members wastepaper bins sounds like a petty form of retaliation due to a power struggle he was losing in the office, like a FU after a bad meeting or after say DD was put in charge of a project, or his ideas were favoured over RD's for instance, because there was certainly a time when RD was seen as the successor in the years leading up to Kathie's disappearance, and that certainly changed.

The family seem to simply be distancing themselves from RD now, basically labelling him as the black sheep, and aligning themselves with the general public, but hey, look at other families without money who's child / sibling murders, we see a similar pattern of behaviour .. first denial and even protection of the family member, then slowly a form of acceptance and fear .. I see no great difference with the Durst family .. in fact at least they admit that RD is dangerous and I really don't blame DD for hiring bodyguards, he had good reason to.

I really don't think Doug was involved in covering up Kathie's murder specifically, what I think is that the family had their suspicions, which grew to the point where they knew he'd done it .. but that didn't all happen at first, and by the time it was obvious that RD had murdered Kathie they just wanted it kept 'in house', mind you ..

Possible. So, if he had suspicions or had knowledge or information that RD did or may have killed Kathie, never came forward with his suspicions or info, what should we call it?

Possible. So, if he had suspicions or had knowledge or information that RD did or may have killed Kathie, never came forward with his suspicions or info, what should we call it?

I doubt they had info .. they had suspicions like everyone else. It seems that those suspicions solidified once RD killed again and then was arrested and fled justice in Tx when DD hired a bodyguard.

Without proof of the crime, it would be considered a rumor, possibly slander by RD's attorney, IMO. If he had direct knowledge, LE would have to have the proof in order to verify if he was being truthful with his information. IMO, it's no different than any other witness. Just because you think that someone is "capable" of committing a crime does not mean they are "culpable."

IMO, a combination of all his odd behavior, violent outbursts, etc....made almost everyone familiar with the crime think that RD did it. Proving it has been the problem the whole time, IMO, combined with lack of people trying to prove it....

ALL JMO

Here is the only visible portion of the former Scarsdale Durst home. The gable roofs are pitched so steeply it would be impossible to have stood on one as some accounts of Bernice's suggest she did. I did capture a smaller porch roof not so pitched. This is directly above the sloping driveway reported to be where Bernice fell. http://i.imgur.com/AvUeDEk.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back