TX - Troy Khoeler, 7, found dead inside washing machine, Spring, July 2022 *arrests*

It might be tied to which side of the door (left or right) has the doorknob. If the right, turn clockwise to lock. If the left, turn counter-clockwise to lock. This is assuming that a bolt of some sort goes into the door frame as the keyhole is turned.

MOO.
Ahhhh of course :oops:!!

It might be tied to which side of the door (left or right) has the doorknob. If the right, turn clockwise to lock. If the left, turn counter-clockwise to lock. This is assuming that a bolt of some sort goes into the door frame as the keyhole is turned.

MOO.
You've just blown my mind on the 6-year-old mystery of why my front and back door lock in different directions.

If he was adopted in 2019, he was about 4 years old. Is it common to not change a young child’s last name at adoption? Is Troy legally adopted? By both JT and the “mom”? Could be that Koehler is moms last name or something else.

From @DeDee link above

The Medical Examiner's office should complete the autopsy by Monday. Toxicology results will take up to four weeks.
[snip]
Other than Troy and his parents, nobody else lived in the home.

1st BBM wondering if they mean the day the article was published (yesterday) or next Monday? for Autopsy completion.
2nd BBM - at least we've got an answer to that one. So where was JT coming home from? Was it work as he said? Why does the article state he was at home with the child when he went missing when clearly he was returning home from elsewhere? And if he was elsewhere (work, girlfriend, pack of smokes, whatever) and mom was at work and nobody else lives there, who exactly was minding seven year old Troy?

No real new info other than the autopsy was expected to be completed yesterday (Monday 8/1) pending toxicology. Maybe we’ll hear more today.

If the autopsy was completed yesterday, they must have a good idea as to cause of death. So why is there no news?

I keep thinking about this in the back of my head. Trying to reframe it to be more empathetic to the family. They adopted him 3 years ago. Maybe a lot has changed in 3 years. Maybe the family is under incredibly tough times that they weren't 3 years ago and doesn't have a safety net or childcare lined up for whatever window of time is between job shifts. Texas doesn't have a minimum age to leave a child at home and maybe they recognize that it's not a great choice but if they're barely making ends meet, maybe there is no other option--it's leave kid home or lose job.

Maybe the dad was just dead tired after coming home from second shift, appreciative of the fact that it's night time, that there is some sort of solace in knowing "Troy's asleep in his room" and that he can just crash, no need to open the door and look in and potentially wake the kid up.

Or maybe this wasn't normal circumstances. Maybe dad had to work a double shift (so even more tired than normal) and just wasn't as mentally alert as he might normally be.

It's a tough time to be a parent, or just a human in general.

ETA: I want this to all be true but also acknowledging that the police have said in numerous places that they are treating it as a potential criminal investigation which, ugh.

After thinking about this, it seems so bad that the father gets home at midnight and doesn't check on the child. That right there stinks! I said accident earlier, but I am now suspecting homicide. Unfortunately.

I worry about positional asphyxia like with that kid Harley Dilly (sp?).

Missing 7-year-old found dead in washing machine inside Houston-area home (ketk.com)

Their address was posted with the news, here's their house. They only recently moved in.

Troy Khoeler: Adoptive father of seven-year-old boy found dead in washing machine says door to home was unlocked | The Independent

The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, known as CPS, told KHOU 11: “CPS does have history with the family.”

I worry about positional asphyxia like with that kid Harley Dilly (sp?).

Missing 7-year-old found dead in washing machine inside Houston-area home (ketk.com)

Their address was posted with the news, here's their house. They only recently moved in.

Troy Khoeler: Adoptive father of seven-year-old boy found dead in washing machine says door to home was unlocked | The Independent

The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, known as CPS, told KHOU 11: “CPS does have history with the family.”
Usually, CPS does not comment. Interesting.

Usually, CPS does not comment. Interesting.
It is strange wording too. My husband and I had 'a history with CPS' too. But only because we adopted two children in private newborn adoptions. So they did home studies and visits to the home until it was finalised.> Nothing negative in our history.

So technically we do have 'a history' with CPS. But a CPS worker saying that in an interview makes it sound like it was a bad history with CPS, at first thought.

As a former mandatory reporter to CPS, I have not had positive experiences with CPS. Sadly. When I would call about obvious abuse and neglect, unless I had a kid in front of me, with a broken arm, who said his Mom had done it, (which never happens) they took the information, never followed up with me. It was almost not worth bothering to call. But I did. To make sure it was documented somewhere.

Some people may prefer garage due to concerns of water damage. There are water sensors/alarms, but I don’t think they’re very popular.
OT: Some water sensors can be such a pain that people remove them or turn them off. I had a water sensor that went off one day when I was mopping like usual and it made the most heinous noise. I am pretty sure people down the street could hear. I switched it off as soon as I could.

As a former mandatory reporter to CPS, I have not had positive experiences with CPS. Sadly. When I would call about obvious abuse and neglect, unless I had a kid in front of me, with a broken arm, who said his Mom had done it, (which never happens) they took the information, never followed up with me. It was almost not worth bothering to call. But I did. To make sure it was documented somewhere.
It is unfortunately fairly similar here in Australia.

I am a mandatory reporter here, but it never feels like things are really going to come out of my contacts with them (They're called FaCS here, but same same).

Interesting! That house has a dedicated laundry room. I wonder why they have the washer/dryer in the garage then.
I noticed that too. But I think the laundry area may just be sectioned off by a wall, in the garage. The door next to the machines has a deadbolt, so it's probably a door between the house and the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_20220803_133954.jpg
    IMG_20220803_133954.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 37

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members