TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the teachers, (I think Eva Mireles), was said to also teach special needs children. My nephew is special needs student and his classroom is required to have a restroom. I think it's probably why I recalled the comment by the Director. :)
I do remember reading that on her school bio, that her cert was in Special Education. This could explain why there were 2 teachers in the classroom.

IN NJ, we have what is called In-Class Support/Inclusion classes where a regular ed teacher is paired up with Special Ed to co-teach in a class where special needs students are placed in a regular (as opposed to self-contained) classroom. I have a teaching cert in Spec. Ed and have been paired many times with a high school subject-special teacher (English, History, Math, etc).

Last edited:
I don't know about LE, but he was reported on Yubo twice, to no avail.

Social Media will NOT stop these kinds of threats. FB and Twitter rarely do anything and if they do they might restrict their accounts. We either need laws in place to enforce accountability on the tech corporations AND/OR need more ways for kids/teens to feel safe enough to report someone.
Exactly! (Imagination helpfully draws the picture of a priest concealed-carrying under his cassock, or a surgeon opting for open carry in an operating room).

Some may feel that is necessary if they are skilled enough to do it then should unfortunately I don't think you're average teacher, nurse, or doctor will be able to do their job and carry.

Well, from what is written, his mother's house was dysfunctional; grandparents were probably old and didn't see his SM; father had a lengthy criminal record. Sister is alienated from the father and is in the Navy, as it seems, trying to break away from a dysfunctional family and make something out of her life.

Even tech-savvy parents cannot know everything their kid is posting online.

The writer does not distinguish between "open" and "unlocked" well enough to know about the status of other two building doors. [I'm not sure of the relevance of the status of those doors unless they are part of the crime. Also, we are not told where are they located].

Does open mean standing open/ajar to any degree? Or does open mean unlocked?

Also, we need to know whether the door he went in had a handle. If it was closed completely shut with no external handle, how could he open it even if unlocked?

Also, any teacher who does not know whether there is an SRO assigned to her campus/building and how to reach that officer is not well trained/prepared for an emergency.

There is still lack of clarity. So many questions!

JMO

Shouldn't an SRO be posted visibly in front of the school or by the front desk?

Is there any possibility that the killer was being pursued by LE following the Grandmother's 911 call? That may explain the truck in the ditch. I guess we just need to wait for the official report... IMO

Social Media will NOT stop these kinds of threats. FB and Twitter rarely do anything and if they do they might restrict their accounts. We either need laws in place to enforce accountability on the tech corporations AND/OR need more ways for kids/teens to feel safe enough to report someone.

Some may feel that is necessary if they are skilled enough to do it then should unfortunately I don't think you're average teacher, nurse, or doctor will be able to do their job and carry.
Are there not social media watchdogs in law enforcement? We have FBI, DHS, ATF, DOJ, DEA, and others. Are they not monitoring for threats?

Heck, I bet we could get volunteers from WS to keep an eye on things. :cool:

Are there not social media watchdogs in law enforcement? We have FBI, DHS, ATF, DOJ, DEA, and others. Are they not monitoring for threats?

Heck, I bet we could get volunteers from WS to keep an eye on things. :cool:

I honestly think the FBI isn't social media savvy enough. They need teens to keep them up to date on the slang.
TikTok is wildly popular now.
Please do join all platforms on sm, you may find sm's lack of accountability extremely frustrating though. But if you see threats please report to the FBI because they don't take teens reports seriously we need adults to help.

Meet the 6 person police force for UCISD:

Uvalde CISD
@Uvalde_CISD

Happy National Police Officer Week to our District Police Officers! Each and every day we feel safer and happier because we know that you are protecting our staff and students. Thank you for all that you do!

6:35 AM · May 16, 2022·Twitter for Mac
this is where I get confused our school districts do not have their own police force, they hire off duty officers for security . So I had thought that the town had 6 officers, but it was actually the school district had 6 officers so more officers from the town responded not just border patrol? Sorry, I admit I am confused but in my opinion the story keeps changing....

this is where I get confused our school districts do not have their own police force, they hire off duty officers for security . So I had thought that the town had 6 officers, but it was actually the school district had 6 officers so more officers from the town responded not just border patrol? Sorry, I admit I am confused but in my opinion the story keeps changing....^^bbm
I agree -- information about this tragedy remains confusing.

Robb Elem's website also features the six district police employees but also identifies another individual as a "security" officer. Initially, I mistakenly believed this individual was full-time security personnel for Robb until I clicked on his photo which expanded to read security for Uvalde High School.

And today, another 4th-grade teacher witness gave an exclusive interview to DM where she states the propped open door requires the turn of a key to lock once shut???

Ogburn said the west door, from which the shooter would eventually gain entry, is supposed to remained locked at all times but the exit is often used by faculty members when they need to make a quick run outdoors.

'It's a locked door,' but, she explained, 'It's not uncommon for someone to use a rock and put inside the doorframe so the door can't shut all of the way, when they run out to their car to get something.'

She said the door can only be locked from the inside, so if someone goes out of it, they have to keep it ajar and reach inside to turn the key.

Robb Elem's website also features the six district police employees but also identifies another individual as a "security" officer. Initially, I mistakenly believed this individual was full-time security personnel for Robb until I clicked on his photo which expanded to read security for Uvalde High School.

And today, another 4th-grade teacher witness gave an exclusive interview to DM where she states the propped open door requires the turn of a key to lock once shut???

Ogburn said the west door, from which the shooter would eventually gain entry, is supposed to remained locked at all times but the exit is often used by faculty members when they need to make a quick run outdoors.

'It's a locked door,' but, she explained, 'It's not uncommon for someone to use a rock and put inside the doorframe so the door can't shut all of the way, when they run out to their car to get something.'

She said the door can only be locked from the inside, so if someone goes out of it, they have to keep it ajar and reach inside to turn the key.

This is getting more confusing by the minute!

Is there any possibility that the killer was being pursued by LE following the Grandmother's 911 call? That may explain the truck in the ditch. I guess we just need to wait for the official report... IMO
He could have thought he was being chased by LE. But it doesn't explain the school shooting.

I wonder if the door was left unlocked because of the ceremony that day. She said the door could be locked only by turning the key from inside, so was it common for the key to be left in the lock?

Did the killer know the door might be unlocked or did he just take a chance on it being open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin