TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE entered the building through the door that was propped open just two minutes after the shooter entered. Although they didn’t enter the room/rooms they were just outside the room in the hallway.

Official: Girl told 911 'send the police now' as cops waited
Three police officers followed Ramos into the building within two minutes. In the next half hour, as many as 19 officers piled into the hallway outside. But another 47 minutes passed before the Border Patrol tactical team breached the door

Last edited:

Robb Elementary survivor says shooter entered auditorium, asked students to come out from hiding​

Another witness account by 9-year-old Eliana Fierro that learned at lunch they were in a lockdown, and the class went into drill mode, lights turned off, and the kids hid behind the stage curtain when they heard SR's voice creepily ask: little children, come out. Eliana said she knew instinctively that this voice was not the police but the bad man. :(

Seems the killer had time to roam down the hall before LE arrived.
CONFUSING!

This is confusing to me. The cafeteria (plus auditorium?) is not in the building where the victims in the adjoining 4th grade classrooms were injured and shot. That is a separate building near the school signage closer to Old Carrizo Rd.

Can anyone set me straight? Did SR enter two buildings, leading LE to think he was "contained". I thought he emerged from a closet in the 4th grade adjoined classrooms & was killed there.

TIA

Last edited:
How did he get the money for the guns and ammunition? Credit card? Stole the money? Since I'm seeing/reading all over about how could the guy afford it I was just curious if any real info was out since I can't find anything. But I will say this the media needs to stop putting names and pictures of these psycopath mass murders out it only makes them want to do this sort of thing, the attention the fame they love it they are losers and think now ill always be remembered. Even LE has said for years to the media not to put the name and photo out wish they would just listen. Only one's that should have names and photos are the innocent victims.

How did he get the money for the guns and ammunition? Credit card? Stole the money? Since I'm seeing/reading all over about how could the guy afford it I was just curious if any real info was out since I can't find anything. But I will say this the media needs to stop putting names and pictures of these psycopath mass murders out it only makes them want to do this sort of thing, the attention the fame they love it they are losers and think now ill always be remembered. Even LE has said for years to the media not to put the name and photo out wish they would just listen. Only one's that should have names and photos are the innocent victims.
She claimed Ramos openly talked about using the money he earned at Wendy's to purchase guns and ammo, adding that he 'suddenly quit' weeks before Tuesday's shooting.

'He told us he was saving up money for guns and ammo. We would ask him, 'Why would you spend your money on that, spend it on a car or something useful,' Cruz said. 'I guess once he got enough money, he quit and stopped showing up.'

Two Professors Found What Creates a Mass Shooter. Will Politicians Pay Attention?​

Mass shooters overwhelmingly fit a certain profile, say Jillian Peterson and James Densley, which means it’s possible to ID and treat them before they commit violence.

EXCERPTS (BBM):
The Violence Project: How to Stop a Mass Shooting Epidemic, reveal striking commonalities among the perpetrators of mass shootings and suggest a data-backed, mental health-based approach could identify and address the next mass shooter before he pulls the trigger....

Funded by the National Institute of Justice, the research arm of the Department of Justice, their research constructed a database of every mass shooter since 1966 who shot and killed four or more people in a public place, and every shooting incident at schools, workplaces and places of worship since 1999.

Peterson and Densley also compiled detailed life histories on 180 shooters, speaking to their spouses, parents, siblings, childhood friends, work colleagues and teachers. As for the gunmen themselves, most don’t survive their carnage, but five who did talked to Peterson and Densely from prison, where they were serving life sentences. The researchers also found several people who planned a mass shooting but changed their mind.

There’s this really consistent pathway. Early childhood trauma seems to be the foundation, whether violence in the home, sexual assault, parental suicides, extreme bullying. Then you see the build toward hopelessness, despair, isolation, self-loathing, oftentimes rejection from peers. That turns into a really identifiable crisis point where they’re acting differently. Sometimes they have previous suicide attempts.

What’s different from traditional suicide is that the self-hate turns against a group. They start asking themselves, “Whose fault is this?” Is it a racial group or women or a religious group, or is it my classmates? The hate turns outward. There’s also this quest for fame and notoriety.

Last edited:
CONFUSING!

This is confusing to me. The cafeteria (plus auditorium?) is not in the building where the victims in the adjoining 4th grade classrooms were injured and shot. That is a separate building near the school signage closer to Old Carrizo Rd.

Can anyone set me straight? Did SR enter two buildings, leading LE to think he was "contained". I thought he emerged from a closet in the 4th grade adjoined classrooms & was killed there.

TIA
Agreed !

CONFUSING!

TIA
If you look at Robb Elementary's Facebook, you will see photos of lunch tables in an area with risers on the floor (i.e., group photos), a stage, and stage curtains that are in an open area just off the entrance/exit. IMO, the wing to classrooms 111 and 112 intersects at this open, common area.

I think it's plausible that Robb has a newer auditorium as OP describes but this aged multipurpose auditorium/lunch area as the witness provided seems to be in what appears to me to be the older, first school building closest to the fence where SR entered. MOO

If you look at Robb Elementary's Facebook, you will see photos of lunch tables in an area with risers on the floor (i.e., group photos), a stage, and stage curtains that are in an open area just off the entrance/exit. IMO, the wing to classrooms 111 and 112 intersects at this open, common area.

I think it's plausible that Robb has a newer auditorium as OP describes but this aged multipurpose auditorium/lunch area as the witness provided seems to be in one of the older school buildings. MOO
I'm still confused. If the cafeteria in the "old building" is not what they are talking about, how is the shooter moving from the classrooms to the "stage area" without confronting LE in the hallway?

I guess I need a diagram.

I'm also creeped out at just how very eager he was to take out as many young innocents as possible. I've been holding it together but this is the stuff of nightmares.

JM very sad O

How did his family not see the cuts to his face ? That would be a huge red flag.
I get the feeling no one was paying attention.

Maybe he stayed with friends sometimes?

It would have been crowded with his mother's half sister and her four young children living there also.

I've read he slept in the living room on a mattress on the floor and that he had a room there. Maybe it just depended on how crowded it was?

As I said, I get the feeling no one was paying attention. And that they were ignoring any behavior they couldn't or wouldn't deal with.

I think because he was 18, he feared his grandmother was going to kick him out. Since he was not welcome at his mother's home, where would he go?

Oh, yeah. Straight to he!! just as his choices have lead him.

Moo

Last edited:
"I can still see his face"

Robb Elementary survivor says shooter entered auditorium, asked students to come out from hiding​

Another witness account by 9-year-old Eliana Fierro that learned at lunch they were in a lockdown, and the class went into drill mode, lights turned off, and the kids hid behind the stage curtain when they heard SR's voice creepily ask: little children, come out. Eliana said she knew instinctively that this voice was not the police but the bad man. :(

Seems the killer had time to roam down the hall before LE arrived.

I can't even articulate how awful it is to hear these little children describe what they witnessed and endured.

These little baby children weren't even born until 10 years after Sandy Hook. At least these children survived, but likely with permanently disruptive memories.

For the little children who died in Uvalve, there's a terrible link between them and the children who died at Sandy Hook in Newton. They never even inhabited the world in the same time span, but are joined in the worst way, as victims of elementary school shootings.

Just no words except angry ones, that this continues over generations. Even the shooters, here as well as Ethan Crumbley, weren't even born yet when Adam Lanza killed those children. It feels like a perpetual cycle. Because it is.

IMO

The families have received an outpouring of generosity, so no one is charging them for services. And the Ganems are hoping they can provide something beyond a relief of financial stress: a reminder of what made each child unique. The families' requests have been unforgettable, Trey Ganem said.

“There was one that wanted dinosaurs, with flashlights, holding a pickle,” he said

Thank you for sharing this. Trey‘s generosity and hard work to help bring a ray of light to the families amid all this darkness is very touching.

From the article:
Ganem said the manufacturer worked for 20 hours straight to get the orders out on time. Then his close friend Bubba Hoffman hired a Texas trucking company to make the 26-hour trip from Texas to Georgia and then back to Texas. When the delivery arrived at 2 a.m. Friday, Ganem and his son Billy Ganem worked nonstop, getting only a couple of hours of sleep. The father and son usually manage the shop alone, but Trey Ganem said as many as a dozen people volunteered to help, some of whom traveled to Edna from as far as Corpus Christi, Texas, to help paint, sand, and apply vinyl to the child-size caskets.

Daniel Defense promotes a buy-now-pay-later scheme The gunmaker whose rifle was used in Uvalde shooting reportedly runs direct-to-consumer ads to aimed at younger buyers

this is slightly off topc but its beautiful and it made me think of the children and their teachers and everybody involved i love lady ga ga and this is beautiful love from australia

Gorgeous! Not off topic at all. Thank you so much for posting it. Imagine, indeed.

Some more info here about Pete Arredondo's background, as well as the first picture I've seen of him.
None of the articles I've read explain how & when he went from being a 911 dispatcher to being a police officer. Even though he is being blamed for the delay from every quarter - DPS, parents, etc., I'm not ready to accept any narrative no matter how "official" yet. We now have 1st person reports from the children that make the scene & actions even more confusing, IMO.

Tensions are running really high. I find this headline misleading. He has experience. Even this article makes that clear. The question is really about his judgment & if and how it impacted the response.

I'm actually puzzled by so many LE agencies responding. Had the Border Patrol participated in their school shooter drills?

I'm also wondering how frequent lockdowns mentioned due to Border Patrol requests were already impacting these children & school/city PD.

It's complicated & likely to take quite a while to sort out. Creating a scapegoat is not a positive approach to that process. Calling in the DOJ right away also is unhelpful at this stage, IMO.

The investigation should play out in local and state jurisdictions before federal gets involved. There really is no cause for action by DOJ yet, IMO.

Just as locals should thoughtfully decide about the fate of the school itself. It's too soon to make that decision, IMO.

Let's not rush to judgment. Grief needs to be respected. The lives of these precious children need to be honored.

Anger is justified no matter the outcomes of any investigations.

But anger is not the best arbiter at the present moment. My opinion only.

Last edited:
None of the articles I've read explain how & when he went from being a 911 dispatcher to being a police officer. Even though he is being blamed for the delay from every quarter - DPS, parents, etc., I'm not ready to accept any narrative no matter how "official" yet. We now have 1st person reports from the children that make the scene & actions even more confusing, IMO. ^^rsbm

I think in his own words, Arredondo's told us what he did for 16 yrs while employed for the Uvalde Police Dept including a 911 dispatcher, detective, and assistant chief before moving on to Laredo where he worked for the Webb County Sheriff (as assistant chief per LinkedIn), and lastly for the local school district in Laredo until 2020. From the quoted link:

Ray Garner, the police chief of the district in Laredo where Arredondo worked, told the San Antonio Express-News in a story published after the Uvalde shooting that when Arredondo worked in the Laredo district he was “easy to talk to” and was concerned about the students.

“He was an excellent officer down here,” Garner told the newspaper. “Down here, we do a lot of training on active-shooter scenarios, and he was involved in those.”

And Arredondo previously worked for the Uvalde Police for 16 years.

According to the Uvalde Leader News, Arredondo’s first job in law enforcement was working as a 911 dispatcher for the Uvalde Police Department.

“I made sure to mention them in my interview,” said Arredondo during a recent telephone conversation.

“I worked patrol, worked as detective, …and received assignment as assistant chief, ” said Arredondo, to the newspaper, which added that he also worked at the Webb County Sheriff’s OFfice.

“It’s nice to come back home,” said Arredondo to the newspaper.
I'm looking forward to a complete investigation that will show where the communication broke down. I feel for Arredondo -- you don't come home to finish your career with this kind of fatal blunder. He grew up with these parents and families. o_O

I'm still confused. If the cafeteria in the "old building" is not what they are talking about, how is the shooter moving from the classrooms to the "stage area" without confronting LE in the hallway?
He seemed to roam freely, leaving classroom 112 and checking the doors of other rooms shooting through the door windows.
And then returning to classroom 112.

Last edited:
All night long I’ve looked at accounts of children pinned down in their classroom, hiding behind stage curtains, crawling over jagged glass to leave their rooms. And questions too: why didn’t LE shoot the gunman through the windows? I don’t know what to believe right now. I’ll have to wait for the investigation like everyone else. The truth will come out. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member