TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #3

Unbelievable.
And very unwise. They will never get satisfaction because NOTHING - money, legal action, apologies - can mitigate what has been lost.

The attempts to help by the state & fundraising have fallen short of expectations. I do feel that can be worked out if a sincere effort is made. But money doesn't replace a life lost.

The media accounts continue to express the "nothing has been done" narrative by activists, families & lawyers. This is not true IMO. The problem? None of these murdered children & teachers can be restored to life.

Grief for these children hangs over everything in Uvalde. Most have to be sending their surviving children back into the same school system now. How can they have any normalcy when trust is so broken?

Has any lawsuit of this type against gun manufacturers ever been successful? I don't know for sure but likely not.

The failures that led to SR's crime being "successful" require forward-thinking action.

Twenty years of complicated & unresolved grief with little legal satisfaction is the likely outcome of this class action. And still, not a single life of the dead will be restored. And none of the victims will ever be made whole. It appears to me that the families of victims who choose to stay in Uvalde are not going to heal for at least a generation or two.

I would not want to endure that. I would want to walk through my grief process someplace where I have the possibility of incorporating some kind of hope into my life.

MOO

Last edited:

Pete Arredondo just put out a 17-page(!) statement ahead of tonight's school board meeting, which he says he will not attend.

I'm surprised this pages-long diatribe is signed by an attorney. The tone, spelling mistakes and awkward grammar remind me of something I'd see on a Facebook post by someone trying to defend the unreasonable actions of a family member. IMO

@tplohetski

BREAKING: Uvalde school police chief Pete Arredondo has been fired, three months to the day since the Robb Elementary shooting. This marks the first law enforcement official to face significant action for the flawed police response when 19 children and two teachers died.

"Uvalde shooter Salvador Ramos' body was left in morgue for almost a MONTH after local funeral homes refused to take it and was eventually cremated 83 miles from his home. "

"Nobody feels safe going back': Uvalde pupils are enrolling in online classes because they are too scared to return to school for the new year - three months after shooter killed 19 students and two teachers at Robb Elementary School. "

Last edited:

8/24/22

After a nearly 90-minute termination hearing held behind closed doors Wednesday evening, the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District's board voted unanimously to terminate Arredondo's contract effective immediately. They also found there was good cause for him not to receive pay for the time he was on unpaid administrative leave since July 19.

[..]

Arredondo was not present for Wednesday's meeting, saying he was concerned over his safety, but his attorney released a 17-page statement in response to the termination hearing.

"Chief Arredondo will not participate in his own illegal and unconstitutional public lynching and respectfully requests the Board immediately reinstate him, with all backpay and benefits and close the complaint as unfounded," read the statement.

[..]

Arredondo, a Uvalde native, was hired as the school district's police chief in 2020. Prior to that, he worked at the Webb County Sheriff's office in South Texas. The San Antonio Express News reported that Arredondo was demoted from a high-ranking position in 2014 because he had difficulty getting along with others in the department.

Despite growing calls for action following the shooting, Uvalde Superintendent Hal Harrell waited almost two months to recommend Arredondo's termination.

At a heated school board forum in July, Brett Cross, the uncle and guardian of Uziyah Garcia, even gave the board a deadline. Uziyah is one of the 19 children killed in the shooting.

[..]

Cross said he doesn't buy Arredondo not showing up to his termination hearings out of fear for his safety, saying during Wednesday's public comments that Arredondo was not present "to face the consequences to his actions."

More details

" 'Turn in your badge and step down!'

Uvalde's disgraced school police chief Pete Arredondo is FIRED in unanimous board vote. "

"At one point an unidentified girl who said she'd lost her friends and teachers roared: 'Turn in your badge and step down, you don't deserve to wear one.' "

"Over the 17 defiant pages, Arredondo asserts he is not the fumbling school police chief who a damning state investigation blamed for not taking command and wasted time by looking for keys to a likely unlocked door, but is instead a brave officer whose level-headed decisions saved the lives of other students.

He accused officials of putting the blame on him because he is a Mexican, and noted that he told administrators long before the shooting about the need for new locks and better fencing."

" Cheers finally broke out when one of the board members, Laura Perez, made the motion that 'good cause exists to terminate the noncertified contract of Pete Arredondo, effective immediately'. "

Last edited:
He accused officials of putting the blame on him because he is a Mexican, and noted that he told administrators long before the shooting about the need for new locks and better fencing."
^^rsbm

Seriously, PA, the former police chief who has not had one word of condolence for more than 20 Hispanic victims, or acknowledged a single error beginning with intentionally separating himself from both of his police radios, is pulling the race card in his defense?

PA is scary. o_O MOO

^^rsbm

Seriously, PA, the former police chief who has not had one word of condolence for more than 20 Hispanic victims, or acknowledged a single error beginning with intentionally separating himself from both of his police radios, is pulling the race card in his defense?

PA is scary. o_O MOO
My jaw literally dropped when I read this accusation of racism.
Unbelievable!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes