TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 children dead, three adults dead. Just reported on CNN per Texas Rangers
Also mentioned in an interview with Senator Gutierrez that the grandmother has not died, that she’s holding on. I suppose that’s moment to moment and subject to change.

Other sources have stated she was killed. Not sure of any accuracy right now.

Yes, his Instagram has disappeared but someone on another forum captured a screenshot of Ramos. There are a few other pictures of him floating around. At least there were a few minutes ago. There seems to be an effort to scrub the internet. The press conference said practically nothing. It was over in about two minutes time.

FTjTkVCXsAE-P9N
Does anyone know why they scrub it? To prevent copycats or?

Unthinkable. This happened one day after the Isla Vista Massacre on May 23, 2014. I wonder if it is related to it. I would not be surprised if Salvador Ramos is an injustice collector. An all too common characteristic of school shooters, mass killers, terrorists, and abusers/bullies.

I know we will learn more as this horror unfolds but as reported killer murdered his Grandmother. I wonder if he lived with her. Pondering here.....

That's what I was thinking too, that his grandmother was most likely responsible for him. How sad.

My thoughts, as well.

He clearly saw his grandmother first, so it's possible she lived with him. I don't think we know yet whether he lived with her, if he did, with his parents or if she was solely responsible for him.

It's difficult to be a grandmother and raise a child all over again, especially if she doesn't still have a husband. If the killer's parents are not in the picture, that may be some anger issue that he had. If that is true, who can say why he'd kill not only his grandmother who may have been his sole support, but then these kids and teacher who didn't have anything to do with his issues.

Or maybe we will find out that he went to that elementary school, and something from those days triggered him now.

Or it was just random.

I certainly am not qualified to say if he was mentally ill or just evil. But I will say, despite popular opinion, that sometimes kids do unbelievably awful things DESPITE having good, involved parents. Sometimes it's not a straight line between parenting skills and how a child ends up. It seems like it would be, and it often is, but not always.

We will find out if his parents took care of him or if they were absent and it was just the grandmother.

But I will say, from traumatic personal experience, that in my sister's first husband's family there was a double murder. My sister's former niece, whom we knew from birth, ended up killing her mother and grandmother. She was raised well; two parents, father was a police officer, she was much wealthier than us, had two children, was extremely beautiful, and yet went on a rampage and killed her mom and grandma with her father's police baton.

So it's too facile, IMO, to think it's always the fault of whomever raised them.

Jmo

ETA: ok, I've just seen from posts here and on the news that the death rate has risen and the grandmother may be alive.
If she is alive, hopefully she can pull through without brain damage etc. I do recognize that info is fluid right now so we don't know for sure.

Last edited:
MOO, I respectfully disagree. Mass killers are mentally ill. I'll go further and state my belief that there are almost always red flags all over the place before a mass killer commits the killing. Family, friends, people on social media that see disturbing posts and do nothing.

Try reporting disturbing messages on FB, and Twitter nothing happens. The FBI doesn't even seem to take threats seriously either and that's another issue. Very difficult to report or to find anyone to take it seriously.

The desire to plan and carryout the execution of random children is to any reasonable person mentally ill. That scholarly psychology doesn't recognize that is unforgivable and devalues that entire field of study. It should be its own category.

Most people understand that not all forms of mental illness lead to violence and not all violence is committed by mentally ill people. And they understand that the vast majority of people with mental illness will never be violent. Sane people snap, sane people do bad things all the time.

However, in the very specific case where a person plans to kill innocent unrelated people in cold blood and then can actually do it, there is definitely something wrong with the working of that person's brain. There were definitely warning signs and we need to be realistic and figure this out.

I am telling you that as a scholar and a Dr.... 100% without a doubt there is something wrong with that person.

The desire to plan and carryout the execution of random children is to any reasonable person mentally ill. That scholarly psychology doesn't recognize that is unforgivable and devalues that entire field of study. It should be its own category.

Most people understand that not all forms of mental illness lead to violence and not all violence is committed by mentally ill people. And they understand that the vast majority of people with mental illness will never be violent. Sane people snap, sane people do bad things all the time.

However, in the very specific case where a person plans to kill innocent unrelated people in cold blood and then can actually do it, there is definitely something wrong with the working of that person's brain. There were definitely warning signs and we need to be realistic and figure this out.

I am telling you that as a scholar and a Dr.... 100% without a doubt there is something wrong with that person.
BBM Thank you!!

How could anyone possibly monitor all the hate and vile posts on social media. I agree there has to be better monitoring of such. Then what. I heard a brief moment on CNN where someone asked where this killer got the money for these weapons. I have no idea how much these type of weapons would cost but it was stated they are expensive.

We can't know whether mental illness was at play here, but only 25% of mass shooters have some form of mental illness (ranging from mild to severe). IMO these mass shootings generally can't be blamed on mental illness, but more so the accessibility of firearms. After all, many countries have higher rates of mental illness compared to the US but they don't have mass shootings on an every-other-day basis.
You need both more access to firearms, and background mental illness.

Just because it wasn't pre-diagnosed or because it doesn't fit into the current DSM doesn't mean it didn't exist.

The US is one of the only places in the world where an 18 year old can buy an unlimited number of guns and ammunition with almost no restrictions what-so-ever.

The US has no ability for friends, relatives, coworkers, teachers, social workers, mental health professionals, or Dr.s to flag someone so they can't buy a gun.

There are two sides to this insanity- the people who commit these crimes and the people who deny it.

I am stunned. Around noon my time I heard a shooting incident with one victim happened outside the school. That the school went in lock down and out of precaution students were being moved for parent reunification. The 3-4 hours later Bam! I have never seen LE keep something of this magnitude under wraps for so long. I hear this is a town of 16k people? Everyone will know someone involved. I send prayers to all of them. Heartbreaking.

Perfectly sane people murder every single day.Some people are just filled with hate.With easy access to guns this will continue to happen.
Or, filled with evil.
Is a person who is filled with evil sane? I don't think so. These people may not fit into a psychological profile by current medical descriptions, however, I'll never believe that Evil people are sane.
Nobody who does this is sane. He is most definitely evil though.

Does anyone know why they scrub it? To prevent copycats or?
I had an old article about this topic but can’t locate it now. But yes, in part, it was to prevent people from copying the page, editing, then reposting it, pretending they were the perp.

Social media sites are now acting accordingly, to prevent proliferation. After the Buffalo shooting Twitter responded.
“We believe the hateful and discriminatory views promoted in content produced by perpetrators are harmful for society and that their dissemination should be limited in order to prevent perpetrators from publicizing their message,” Twitter said in a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998