TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helpless. Are we all feeling the same?

Over the next few days, the names and photos of the children will be released. Their stories. How they were looking forward to summer, 2nd or 4th grade graduation, birthday parties, summer camp, swimming, staying up late, family vacations. All wiped out.. forever.

We are helpless to to fix it. Helpless to explain to our kids and grandkids that they are safe, when we know they are not.

All we can do is brace for the heartache we will witness over the coming days. Then we will try to move on.

Until it happens again.
You may feel helpless to fix it, but you are not. You can't solve the problem totally, but you can reduce the number of mass shootings. Organize, mobilize, and pressure your lawmakers. But I know, first you need to grieve. :(

Things I wonder - did the other adults in his life - grandmother, parents/aunts/uncles if there are any he spent tine with - know he purchased these weapons? They couldn't have stopped him, but they would have known he wasn't happy and thriving. Did they fear him or what he might do? I am not blaming them but wondering the dynamics. Did he have troubles as an elementary/ middle-school aged kid? Did he ever have a job? Did he have any criminal record? Just thinking out loud.

I don't know about this particular situation, and I have only anecdotal evidence for what I'm about to say, so no link, but I'd be willing to wager that in many parts of the US the parents would have purchased the weapons for him as an 18th birthday present whether he'd displayed any signs of being troubled or not.

I understand
I reworded my post.
This is a thorny issue.
How many red flags were missed with this perp ?
I don't know. But I'm guessing more than a few.

Edited to say , if a person who is 18 is showing signs of severe disturbance, can they be committed or is it a lost cause if the person in question hasn't yet committed any crimes ?
Thread moving fast so this may have already been answered, but no, unless they've directly threatened or harmed a person.

Involuntary commitment is extremely difficult to accomplish.

I don't know about this particular situation, and I have only anecdotal evidence for what I'm about to say, so no link, but I'd be willing to wager that in many parts of the US the parents would have purchased the weapons for him as an 18th birthday present whether he'd displayed any signs of being troubled or not.
Or a 15th birthday present, in the case of E.C. in Michigan, who.....Get This......shot up a school also.

Just think about it, these were little kids killed by military grade weapons and ammunition intended to cause as much damage as possible to the human body.

OF COURSE they've been rendered unrecognizable which is why the parents haven't been asked to identify them by sight and are having to identify them by DNA instead.

Just read about it in Swedish news this morning. Devastating, I can’t imagine how parents must feel right now. Children should be safe at school when parents drop them off in the morning they should be able to pick them up safe and sound.
After reading what other posters said it seems like the perpetrator had quite a bit of red flags. Wish that it was spotted on time to (maybe) stop this senseless tragedy.
Here in Sweden we recently had a small pick up in knife crime at schools it seems to become more of a “ trend”.
There must be ways to stop this and let our kids to be safe at the place they should be safe.
( just added a link to confirm the trend in Sweden as mentioned as a fact )

One thing that stuck out to me is that the Supermarket shooter and this shooter both had body armour.
I am from Australia and have never heard of anyone here wearing body armour except for Police and the Army. Why would a person purchase body armour? WHERE is it sold? I can't think of a good reason why a private individual would want it. Maybe there should be a licence for body armour. Just my thoughts on the subject.

My condolences to the families of those who lost their lives. I hope that those in authority can make some changes. My thoughts are with the American people in yet another catastrophe. MOO

Last edited:
One thing that stuck out to me is that the Supermarket shooter and this shooter both had body armour.
I am from Australia and have never heard of anyone here wearing body armour except for Police and the Army. Why would a person purchase body armour? WHERE is it sold? I can't think of a good reason why a private individual would want it. Maybe there should be a licence for body armour. Just my thoughts on the subject.

My condolences to those who lost their lives. I hope that those in authority can make some changes. My thoughts are with the American in yet another catastrophe. MOO
Any military store would have it.

Theatre shooter also wore armor/protective gear.

My condolences to those who lost their lives. I hope that those in authority can make some changes. My thoughts are with the American in yet another catastrophe. MOO

I saw a former LE on a TV news show this evening. He said that body armor is fairly easy to obtain through military surplus stores and such.

He also said that although he himself is a gun owner, most LE think that certain types of guns should be obtainable only by the military or LE.

I can't remember which show it was or who said it because I was flipping channels, so no link.

Such a sad day. My heart is broken.

Ive not been one for “gun control” per se, but I think the time may well have come that certain types of guns need to be restricted. At the very least until the purchaser is older than 18 and there should be a longer waiting period and background check For these assault type guns. PerhAps this would be a compromise people could agree on that might help limit this kind of sickening thing happening.

my other idea for helping is not doable I’m sure but it would be to stop the constant 24/7 news coverage of these type crimes. Go to just newspaper coverage maybe? Just something to make the constant coverage less accessible to kids. Cause right now the next school shooter is sitting at home trolling Twitter, or whatever kids troll, reading all about the shooteing and the idea is a small seed beginning to germinate in his head ready to be watered and fed by the next bit of stress He falls under.

I think it’s an anger problem. I know that sounds so simplistic but there are so many angry people out there… lonely maybe as well but like angry - leading to become an injustice collector, etc… what can we do about that? I’m seriously asking.
Clearly this anger thing is exclusively an American problem, otherwise how could one explain the lack of mass shootings in other countries.

@AnayeliNews
Terrible update: Family members tell me officials have confirmed 10-year Annabell Guadalupe Rodriguez was killed today. They say she was in 3rd grade and in the same classroom as her cousin. And they say her cousin was also killed today.

Also, Nevaeh Bravo and Uziyah Garcia are deceased.

Last edited:
Victim identification is happening more quickly now.

Further adding:

Rojelio Torres, 10
Amerie Jo Garza, 10
4th grade teacher - Irma Garcia (Irma co-taught with Eva Mireles)

All deceased. :(

Profiles for the teachers who were murdered:

Amanda Gorman, the young poet who burst onto the national stage at President Joe Biden's inauguration, posted a short poem to Twitter on Tuesday evening after news of the shooting in Uvalde.

Schools scared to death.

The truth is, one education under desks,

Stooped low from bullets;

That plunge when we ask

Where our children

Shall live

& how

& if

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online