TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many lessons to be learned, so that these lives were not lost in vain.
I will try not to 2nd guess, as people were just doing as trained, and people were just living life, I am so very sad at what these children endured, blame won't help. Lessons learned, information shared, to make things safer is what is needed.

When school shooters stop having success in their mission school shootings will decline.

I don't know the answer, but there seems to be more success than not. Unless, MSM isn't report the non successful missions.

Now here is some genuinely interesting information - I kept hearing about how there have been a total of 213 mass shootings in 2022 yet so many of them did not make national news like this school shooting.

MASS SHOOTINGS IN 2022

Yes it is worth noting what cities so many of these shootings took place.

Put into perspective, the number of school shootings this year, which is 27:

School Shootings This Year: How Many and Where

Hmm...

Many lessons to be learned, so that these lives were not lost in vain.
I will try not to 2nd guess, as people were just doing as trained, and people were just living life, I am so very sad at what these children endured, blame won't help. Lessons learned, information shared, to make things safer is what is needed.
No, they were NOT doing as they were trained. That came out very clearly in the press conference. Twenty officers were in te hallway for 45 mins. while the gunman was killing little kids. They take an oath to serve and protect. They didn't, and on top of that they held others back who were willing to risk their own lives to save the children. I'm pro=police most times, but in this case... well, they will have to live with their consciences.

Where were the principal and vice-principal during the shootings?

I was close to a high school year’s ago when a lockdown occurred because of a student with a knife who had injured one student.

The principal went on the PA system that you could hear outside. He told the attacker to come to the office. He said he was the only person there, he’d talk to him. He kept repeating that while telling the teachers to follow lockdown proceedures and not use the PA system.

He spoke directly to him and told him at one point he was going to hear police sirens and he still had time to go to the office and peacefully surrender. (It ended peacefully.)

No, they were NOT doing as they were trained. That came out very clearly in the press conference. Twenty officers were in te hallway for 45 mins. while the gunman was killing little kids. They take an oath to serve and protect. They didn't, and on top of that they held others back who were willing to risk their own lives to save the children. I'm pro=police most times, but in this case... well, they will have to live with their consciences.
As if the poor families didn't have enough to deal with they will have the anger at things not being done properly to try and save their kids.

It's easy to second guess decisions.

Consider a school hallway, the wall between the hall and the classroom, and the classroom door. That shooter could have been spraying bullets in to that door and hallway on a regular basis. It would be suicide to approach without the proper gear.

Maybe there are some internet warriors that would claim they'd be first in line.

Not me, thank you.

An argument could be made that LE on site saved the lives of the very folks who were itching to go in there.

Anyway, the fact remains, it was a firearm that stopped the killer Ramos. Nothing else did.

Not just "where was the principal", but "where was the security guard"? I've heard reports he was "off site" driving "a vehicle" somewhere. Was he at lunch? Doing personal business? Wherever he was, he wasn't doing his job. He was the only hope. Unless the school admins could have locked down faster, but now it looks like the shooter entered the school very rapidly, within 1 to 2 minutes after he started shooting outside the school

Heartbreaking statement. Children were calling for help that was not sent.

"It was the wrong decision." Texas DPS chief now says about officers waiting to enter room where shooter had barricaded himself. Incident commander had apparently considered it a barricade situation and decided to wait to go in.

Reading this" "decided to wait to go in" makes me want to scream, to cry ----to scream--- and cry some more. OMG--- what can one say about the lack of action on the part of the police? that they were negligent? that doesn't even get it-- not using one brain cell to carry out their duty in a situation that demanded IMMEDIATE ACTION---

This is just horrifying. I’m a former first grade teacher and the active shooter drills were always so frightening to those little ones.

My heart breaks for all of the children, families, and teachers. All of those kids and teachers looking forward to summer. Just horrible.

I used to administer a homeschool hybrid that met in person twice a week, and I had to run these drills for ages baby through 12th grade. We always told the 3s and 4s that we were playing Hide and Seek from me. I never got angrier with a student than I did with a ninth grader who was goofing off and giggling while I was inspecting the rooms during the hiding. I hated those drills, and so did everyone else, while still accepting their necessity. When I was a teacher and hiding myself, I would spend the time praying for everyone victimized by mass shootings.

It's easy to second guess decisions.

Consider a school hallway, the wall between the hall and the classroom, and the classroom door. That shooter could have been spraying bullets in to that door and hallway on a regular basis. It would be suicide to approach without the proper gear.

Maybe there are some internet warriors that would claim they'd be first in line.

Not me, thank you.

An argument could be made that LE on site saved the lives of the very folks who were itching to go in there.

Anyway, the fact remains, it was a firearm that stopped the killer Ramos. Nothing else did.

Shouldn't the police officers have had with them appropriate weapons (like AK rifles?) instead of guns? in this type of situation. From past experience with so many incidents like this, they know that the shooters are using AK rifles-- shouldn't they be prepared to deal with the situation, instead of retreating? Just asking.

Ok - cont from the PC

Background and digital footprint stuff on the shooter:

9/21 - he asked his sister to help him buy a gun. She outright told him NO. (so the there is a sister now?)

2/22 - in an online chat is was discussed that "he could be a school shooter"?

3/22 - Shooter tells someone online (or in a chat) "just bought something"

3/14/22 - Shooter posts in chat - "10 more days". Someone asks him " R u gunna shoot up a school?" Shooter replied - "no" and told the other poster to "stop asking questions".

**NOTE: I have heard 2 different dates concerning these online posts and when he bought the guns. LE has specifically said MARCH but his birthday and in other articles it said he bought them in MAY so I don't know. They said his birthday was in May - & that's when he turned 18 so that is when he would have been able to guy them - so does LE have these MARCH dates wrong? Have to keep following this to get clarification.

Reading this" "decided to wait to go in" makes me want to scream, to cry ----to scream--- and cry some more. OMG--- what can one say about the lack of action on the part of the police? that they were negligent? that doesn't even get it-- not using one brain cell to carry out their duty in a situation that demanded IMMEDIATE ACTION---
I'll keep saying it as long as permitted. LE have no obligation to act in defense of another. None. One's defense must come from one's self.

The responsibility for my safety rests with me.

Plus, being fired upon by a 5.56 NATO rifle will cause even the toughest to pause.

Did any of the student 911 callers survive? The question was asked multiple times but I don’t know if it was answered.
The officer said two students who called 911 survived.

ETA: He said that at the press conference in response to a question. He looked at his notes that contained the transcript of the calls… so I think he was only referring to the two calls he quoted, imo.

An active shooter situation requires rapid deployment to nullify the threat. That is the protocol. There is no excuse. How can the on-site commander involved say he didn't think any children were in danger? There were 911 calls, shots fired and children screaming. Please fellow sleuthers, call a spade a spade. I'm not bashing police generally. I'm sure most who hear of this case are horrified by the lack of response by the officers in Uvalde. Delay in breaching classroom during Texas school shooting was "wrong decision," official says

Last edited:
No. From all my years this is what I believe happened. Please, please, I am in NO WAY BASHING teachers - I am one - BUT I have worked with some dewzies!!!! Some just think "it couldn't happen here" and will never lock their classroom doors because its "easier" (if you have groups of children leaving the class to go to other classrooms for different instruction - "pull-outs" as we call them) with an open door you can continue working as these kids come and go. Others just don't think about it - I found this true in the (and again I am sorry but this is what it is) younger generations coming into the industry - they just don't have presence of mind to close and lock a door. They don't think about it and when you call them on it - they just laugh it off with a "I'm just ditzy, forgetful, ...." type of response.

Now with the propping. open - could have been A/C was out - I remember times when this happened but within the last 10-12 years? Not so much. I have taken classes out for recess and left the back door to the hallway propped - to get back in. But that hasn't happened over the past 10 years - it used to be we were just given keys to our rooms - but in my last 3 years - I had keys to almost every door / gate in the school - on a lanyard - around my neck at all times when on campus outside of my room.

So the reason for this door to be propped open is moot. It should never ever have been propped. I noticed it opened onto a parking lot - so maybe teacher was expecting a parent to drop something off or - maybe even an uber eats delivery for lunch? Remember this is a small town - in small towns people are more comfortable in their surroundings, everybody knows everybody, and that is what makes this even more prevalent - it can happen anywhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member