TX - Valeesha Duncan, 31, shot at over 50x pulling into her garage, Katy, 17 Aug 2021

This appears to be it: Google Maps

Looks like a big operation.
Only part of a bigger operation.

From the website which I won't link for obvious reasons:
RCI Internet Services, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Rick’s Cabaret, Club Onyx, Silver City, XTC Cabaret, Foxy’s Cabaret, Hoops Cabaret, The Seville Club and Bombshells Restaurant and Bar are registered trademark of RCI Hospitality Holdings, Inc.

RCI Hospitality Holdings - Wikipedia
RCI went public with an IPO in 1995 and is listed on The NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol RICK
RCI is one of only two adult entertainment companies to be publicly traded on NASDAQ, and has been named on a Forbes magazine list of the 200 best companies.

On July 26, 2021, RCI announced definitive agreements to acquire for $88.0 million 11 adult nightclubs.

The clubs generated approximately $40 million in revenue and $14 million in adjusted EBITDA in their fiscal year ended December 31, 2019.

Her poor son just starting middle school with not only no mum to guide him but also having to run the gauntlet of kids and their comments about what his mum did for a living now that it’s all over the press. We all know that some kids can be cruel !

Wages of Sin

Attracting 70,000 customers a month to its 19 clubs, Rick’s netted $7 million on $50 million in revenue over the most recent 12 months.

Headquartered in Houston, Rick’s is still mainly a regional player, with 12 clubs in Texas. It’s in 11 cities, including, besides Houston and Vegas, New York, Miami, Philadelphia, Dallas and New Orleans. Langan wants to be in 30.

On the side, Rick’s recently bought a few magazines and Web sites–like Naughtybids.com, an Ebay for sex toys, and Couplestouch.com, a swinger’s site. The company is beginning to resemble a fledgling Playboy Enterprises .

Langan insists that he runs a clean business. For years strip clubs have been magnets for drugs, shootings and prostitution; managers have been accused of cash skimming and credit card gouging. Langan polices his 1,800 employees and 3,000 “entertainers” with two pages of house rules, a “house mom” who enforces them and video cameras. Rick’s financial controls resemble those of the gaming industry: Cash is managed through a so-called cage system, which keeps receipts away from club managers. At the Rick’s Manhattan branch on West 33rd Street, for example, bartenders and waitresses pick up the cash drawer from a cashier in a basement bunker built with 14-inch concrete walls and bulletproof glass. At the end of a shift they return to the cage and tally sales with a cashier, matching them to receipts. The two agree on the total, and electronic charges are immediately transmitted to headquarters in Houston. The cash is sent separately.

According to the rules, sex in a Rick’s club is verboten. So are drugs and foul language. Dancers can drink with customers but aren’t allowed to date them. (The rules don’t restrict fraternization between the boss and the entertainers. Langan met his third wife at the Houston club where she danced.) Entertainers can go topless, but not naked, except in its clubs in Florida and Texas, where that kind of entertainment is legal. Clients can get lap dances from the entertainers, but they aren’t allowed to grope them. There are upstairs rooms for private audiences between customers and dancers. Ostensibly, mischief is limited by diaphanous drapes.

Many of these young women are seasonal workers..They get 100% of the fee for a three-minute dance ($20) and two-thirds of the take for the private audiences ($700 to $1,000). Tips are theirs.

His 15,000 vip members, who cough up a $500 annual fee, may get free champagne and desserts. Some are high rollers, spending $3,000 to $30,000 a night. That compares with averages of $200 in Texas and $600 in New York. One regular, who forks over $50,000 a month at a club, recently hosted a champagne dinner with two topless dancers as they watched Spider-Man 3. “He likes to pretend he’s on a date,” shrugs Allan Priaulx, Rick’s chief of investor relations. Another regular, a billionaire, spent $200,000 in four weeks this year. “It’s fantasy therapy,” says Langan. “A 60-year-old man loves a 20-year-old girl climbing all over him. He thinks she really likes him. That’s the lie. But she’ll keep liking him as long as he keeps paying.”

I do not know that he will feel bad. His mom must have been smart, classy, and also beautiful, to work in a high end place. Alot of music vids have dancers. A lot of the women are smart and invest they have families. ..moo

Wages of Sin

Attracting 70,000 customers a month to its 19 clubs, Rick’s netted $7 million on $50 million in revenue over the most recent 12 months.

Headquartered in Houston, Rick’s is still mainly a regional player, with 12 clubs in Texas. It’s in 11 cities, including, besides Houston and Vegas, New York, Miami, Philadelphia, Dallas and New Orleans. Langan wants to be in 30.

On the side, Rick’s recently bought a few magazines and Web sites–like Naughtybids.com, an Ebay for sex toys, and Couplestouch.com, a swinger’s site. The company is beginning to resemble a fledgling Playboy Enterprises .

Langan insists that he runs a clean business. For years strip clubs have been magnets for drugs, shootings and prostitution; managers have been accused of cash skimming and credit card gouging. Langan polices his 1,800 employees and 3,000 “entertainers” with two pages of house rules, a “house mom” who enforces them and video cameras. Rick’s financial controls resemble those of the gaming industry: Cash is managed through a so-called cage system, which keeps receipts away from club managers. At the Rick’s Manhattan branch on West 33rd Street, for example, bartenders and waitresses pick up the cash drawer from a cashier in a basement bunker built with 14-inch concrete walls and bulletproof glass. At the end of a shift they return to the cage and tally sales with a cashier, matching them to receipts. The two agree on the total, and electronic charges are immediately transmitted to headquarters in Houston. The cash is sent separately.

According to the rules, sex in a Rick’s club is verboten. So are drugs and foul language. Dancers can drink with customers but aren’t allowed to date them. (The rules don’t restrict fraternization between the boss and the entertainers. Langan met his third wife at the Houston club where she danced.) Entertainers can go topless, but not naked, except in its clubs in Florida and Texas, where that kind of entertainment is legal. Clients can get lap dances from the entertainers, but they aren’t allowed to grope them. There are upstairs rooms for private audiences between customers and dancers. Ostensibly, mischief is limited by diaphanous drapes.

Many of these young women are seasonal workers..They get 100% of the fee for a three-minute dance ($20) and two-thirds of the take for the private audiences ($700 to $1,000). Tips are theirs.

His 15,000 vip members, who cough up a $500 annual fee, may get free champagne and desserts. Some are high rollers, spending $3,000 to $30,000 a night. That compares with averages of $200 in Texas and $600 in New York. One regular, who forks over $50,000 a month at a club, recently hosted a champagne dinner with two topless dancers as they watched Spider-Man 3. “He likes to pretend he’s on a date,” shrugs Allan Priaulx, Rick’s chief of investor relations. Another regular, a billionaire, spent $200,000 in four weeks this year. “It’s fantasy therapy,” says Langan. “A 60-year-old man loves a 20-year-old girl climbing all over him. He thinks she really likes him. That’s the lie. But she’ll keep liking him as long as he keeps paying.”
I am going to admit right. Up. Front. That I quit reading this entire post as soon as I realized that I'd been thru about 2 pages and still could've the end in sight. So perhaps my thoughts aren't as well informed as they would have been if I'd have had the patience to stick with it. But also, I have to think that any "business" that feels a ned to publicly display a set of rules this long & detailed is likely to be more interested in "covering their @ss" than in actually informing their customers.

Do we know the address where she worked? I can only find the Galleria area. I'd like to know how long it took her to get from work door to home door.

So, are you thinking she was doing something else between closing and when she got home?
Yes, I am thinking that she must have did something after work.

The article on the club, though probably hyped to a degree, indicates that it is both high end and also suggests that the uhmm.... "entertainers" are a near separate entity from the support staff. Thus, they probably don't have clean up duties.

Likewise, even if she worked as a bar tendress or waitress in a venue where clean up truly means cleaning, I don't think there would be more than 90 minutes of duties. Thus, say, 3:30 leaving at the very latest.

I agree that door to door travel time is important. At the same time, Texas mega cities have very comprehensive highway systems. With no traffic, my bet is that her drive home was 35 minutes tops- unless she chose to live far from work. That still leaves say, 90 minutes of unaccounted time- assuming she even had 90 minutes of clean up duties.

Last edited:
I have to think that any "business" that feels a ned to publicly display a set of rules this long & detailed is likely to be more interested in "covering their @ss" than in actually informing their customers.

My guess its a way to both protect themselves and also to attract a certain level of customer. The strip joint prefers upper middle class to wealth customers. This is a difficult group to attract:

- Most men in these demographic categories are long past strip joints and also lead lives that are not conducive to visiting sex venues.

- Of the men in these demographic categories who still think strip joints are fun, most are not going to go places where they dont feel safe.

So.... Post up the rules and let the customers know that:

Drug using and drug dealing employees are not tolerated. Neither is prostitution. Many customers don't have problems with prostitution- at least not he higher end variety, but spin off crimes and spin off people can be worrisome.

Some of the rules are likely designed to reduce the number of real and wanna'be narco, gangsta'h and out law biker customers. So, preferred upper middle class and wealthy customers know that there wont be alot these guys there.

Last edited:
According to this article, it was the 11th most popular new story in 2021. So it’s really strange that it didn’t receive more media coverage.

It also says that the murder was still unsolved as of December 2021. I couldn’t find any other info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back