TX - Valeesha Duncan, 31, shot at over 50x pulling into her garage, Katy, 17 Aug 2021

If these shots were fired as she pulled in to the garage, why are there so many bullet holes in the front windshield and not the back? Did she back in?

I wondered if the perp was at the road and started firing as she pulled up and turned up the driveway, but it seems unlikely she would have been able to park. Have we seen the back of the vehicle? Maybe the shots went all the way through the vehicle? Since there are bullet holes in the wall around the driveway, we know he was shooting from the road toward the house.. // edited to add: There is a pic of her vehicle in the garage, (not backed in) with bullet holes in the back window, so it looks like the shots were fired through the back of the vehicle. There is also a photo of the wall inside the garage with bullet holes in it.. so they apparently traveled through the back of the vehicle, through the front windshield, and into the inside wall of the garage.

Last edited:
I wondered if the perp was at the road and started firing as she pulled up and turned up the driveway, but it seems unlikely she would have been able to park. Have we seen the back of the vehicle? Maybe the shots went all the way through the vehicle? Since there are bullet holes in the wall around the driveway, we know he was shooting from the road toward the house..

Could bullets fired from inside the garage strike the wall on the outside? I haven't seen the picture. Is it close up enough to tell which angle the bullets were fired from?

The below photo shows the vehicle, in the garage with holes in the back window. In one of the videos, a part of the inside of the garage wall was shown riddled with holes. It seems apparent that the shots came from behind, through the car, into the wall. imo

Attachments

• download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 86
I can only guess that they don't think it is a boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, or person that lives in that house? I wonder if they include recent ex's in "domestic" .. who knows. I just thought it was interesting that they had already make a (sorta) determination in their minds.

I hope that was just the reporter's assumption. I think that any type of crime could be comitted by someone close to her, someone she encountered at work or a stranger. Any of them can shoot a gun. Unless they have a suspect, it's too early to know. MOO
I hear and read about so many people who say "domestic" as if a crime commited in the home is somhow more excusable than a crime comitted by a stranger. it's frustrating.

It seems there is definitely a personal element to this—I can’t imagine if it were just some kind of illegal business deal gone bad that the shooter would have 1) shot over 50 times and 2) exited the vehicle. Both of those aspects seem like a sharp divergence from the typical drive-by shooting and suggest some kind of a personal vengeance.

Moo...she could of introduced people and a business deal went bad..so they hold her responsible. She could have knowledge which she could use to blackmail someone...or they just think she knows to much. She could of disrespected the wrong people. Could be a message of sorts. I would guess this was a business issue of some sort not a broken heart. Poor girl the shooter/s seemed to have wanted her very dead. Moo

Moo...she could of introduced people and a business deal went bad..so they hold her responsible. She could have knowledge which she could use to blackmail someone...or they just think she knows to much. She could of disrespected the wrong people. Could be a message of sorts. I would guess this was a business issue of some sort not a broken heart. Poor girl the shooter/s seemed to have wanted her very dead. Moo

I feel like everything you described is possible, with the exception of it being about a purely (one-time) business issue—IMO firing 50+ shots seems antithetical to the motives of drug dealers/a prostitution deal gone wrong.

Maybe I missed this somewhere but who else lives with her? Just her son some of the time? I highly doubt an 11 year old child would be the target. Or does she have a significant other? I suppose if she does, that person may have been the target.

It just seems like a really specific time for this assailant to be there. Many people don't arrive home at 530 in the morning from work. If this happened in the evening, I would be more inclined to think maybe this person even had the wrong house or something as a lot of people are arriving home in the evening. But 530 AM seems specific to her getting home from work.

I personally think she was the target, but that's just MOO and I could be wrong.

With some minor modifications a rifle can be modified to essentially fire constantly. I won’t go into it here but it wouldn’t take much to do a mag dump of 50 rounds relatively quickly without needing to pull a trigger 50 times. It seems personal though to me. Either she owed someone some thing extreme or someone thought she owed them something extreme. 50 rounds is expensive in today’s market, either they are novice or emotional. Someone wanted her dead or someone they thought she was if it was mistaken identity.
IMOO..

Maybe I missed this somewhere but who else lives with her? Just her son some of the time? I highly doubt an 11 year old child would be the target. Or does she have a significant other? I suppose if she does, that person may have been the target.

It just seems like a really specific time for this assailant to be there. Many people don't arrive home at 530 in the morning from work. If this happened in the evening, I would be more inclined to think maybe this person even had the wrong house or something as a lot of people are arriving home in the evening. But 530 AM seems specific to her getting home from work.

I personally think she was the target, but that's just MOO and I could be wrong.
Was her son at home alone overnight?

Has LE determined what time she left work? Was 5:30am the usual time for her to arrive home? Or did she make a stop before going home?

Was her phone recovered from the scene? Any phone calls or texts leading up to the shooting provide any clues?

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back