Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

I agree, there is such a strong resemblance I would feel better with DNA rule outs, not to mention we've all seen cases with fuzzy LKA dates.

Agreed about the DNA.

Despite the strong resemblance, though, I still don't think Alma is OS. Even if the date is fuzzy, it seems fairly clear that her boyfriend was involved in her disappearance, and they lived in California. We would have to not only believe that the LKA date is off by at least 2-3 months and that LE withheld her tattoo, but also that her boyfriend somehow transported her body from Northern CA to Texas or that she ran away and he's lying about it for some reason. The tat also raises the question: If LE was so sure initially that Henry Lee Lucas killed her, wouldn't they have used the theoretically withheld tattoo to test whether or not his confession was legit? Just food for thought.

All that said, I'd still like to see Alma on the official Namus ruleout list.

I know what you mean. I only feel happiest with a ruleout if there have been DNA comparisons and the ruleout is on namus.

It's unlikely, I agree, but they just look so close--if Alma's hair may lighten up to a reddish/brown in the sun (Sun-In product, maybe?). I would just feel a bit better if she was ruled out from DNA--and January 1 is usually the default date anyhow.

Hi all,

In 1980 Walker County Jane Doe's thread, it was discussed that DNA evidence from her killer may (but has not necessarily been) have been collected from her shoes.

For those unfamiliar with her case, she was killed exactly a year after OS, in Huntsville, TX, which is about 2.5 hours from Georgetown.

They were both murdered and disposed of in very similar ways. They were both sexually assaulted and strangled, and found in or by culverts. They were also found nude, except for jewelry (OS' abalone ring and WCJD's pendant necklace) and with footwear (OS' socks and a pair of sandals tossed by WCJD's body).

So as you can see, there are several similarities, leading some to suspect that the cases are connected.

This is why I thought I would try asking if it is possible if DNA evidence from OS' killer was collected. I am not terribly familar with Orange Socks' case.

Hi all,

In 1980 Walker County Jane Doe's thread, it was discussed that DNA evidence from her killer may (but has not necessarily been) have been collected from her shoes.

For those unfamiliar with her case, she was killed exactly a year after OS, in Huntsville, TX, which is about 2.5 hours from Georgetown.

They were both murdered and disposed of in very similar ways. They were both sexually assaulted and strangled, and found in or by culverts. They were also found nude, except for jewelry (OS' abalone ring and WCJD's pendant necklace) and with footwear (OS' socks and a pair of sandals tossed by WCJD's body).

So as you can see, there are several similarities, leading some to suspect that the cases are connected.

This is why I thought I would try asking if it is possible if DNA evidence from OS' killer was collected. I am not terribly familar with Orange Socks' case.

Thanks Springrain :) would also be good to know if OS was assaulted / showed signs of sexual intercourse.

I aaked a couple family members about WCJD. They replied with 'wasn't she killed by the same man who killed the orange socks girl'? Apparently it was a popular runour

Thanks Springrain :) would also be good to know if OS was assaulted / showed signs of sexual intercourse.

I aaked a couple family members about WCJD. They replied with 'wasn't she killed by the same man who killed the orange socks girl'? Apparently it was a popular runour

On Wikipedia it says that OS was sexually assaulted, but it doesn't say whether it was with a blunt object like with Ruthie (WCJD) or she was penetrated by a man.

I wonder if they found semen at OS' crime scene.

Forgot to add:

There were reported sightings of both of them before their murders. A woman called in and claimed to have seen Orange Socks hitchhiking in Georgetown, while two witnesses spoke with WCJD and said she appeared "disheveled" (as if hitchhiking).

I believe both crimes to not be personal in nature, mostly sexual. Just the work of monstrous sadist(s).

This woman remains unidentified but her murder is technically solved, as far as the law is concerned, isn't it? Henry Lee Lucas's sentence was reduced but his conviction was never reversed or nullified was it?

This woman remains unidentified but her murder is technically solved, as far as the law is concerned, isn't it? Henry Lee Lucas's sentence was reduced but his conviction was never reversed or nullified was it?
As far as I know, Lucas recanted his statement at a similar time that he got sentenced (death sentence). That makes me believe that he recanted his statement because he was guilty. However I don't know how the law or police view the matter

http://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/31371/29/

Somebody suggested this girl on the WCJD thread, but I think she is more like O.S. The height and physical description are in range. She is younger than the age estimate of O.S. which is circa 21 I think. (The girl is listed as 14/15 when last seen) Her face is not dissimilar. The last time she was seen is listed as 1.1.1980, but that is an approximation, and Halloween '79 is pretty close. I didn't see anyone else suggest it yet, so thought I would draw people's attention to it.

It was me, i think that this doe may be Patricia. In everything i have read however, her family say that she was seen in 1980 which is why i chose not to add on her on here. I hope once the DNA is run that someone will get their name back.

I've searched doenetwork, and while I'm unsure of any of these, I think they at least have somewhat of a resemblance. Quite a few have probably been mentioned already, but I don't have the patience to check every page.

Karen Lynn Zendrosky (missing since September of '79): I see somewhat of a resemblance in lower facial structure and eyebrows, but she looks "cuter" and younger than OS likely was.
Lucinda Lynn Schaefer (missing since June of '79): This one's kinda stretching it, but I see a very vague resemblance in jaw structure.
Diane Lynn Buckley (missing since April of '79): Also rather vague resemblance, but the nose fits. Also kind of heart breaking because she looks kinda like my girlfriend.
Margret C. Dodd (missing since September of '77): Kind of resembles OS, especially in jaw structure and eyebrows.
Iris Leslie Brown (missing since March of '76): The jaw structure really stands out to me as being similar to OS, but the eyebrows and nose do not.
Denise Newsom Porch (missing since July of '75): similar head structure, but eyebrows look off.

When you get down to it, though, none of them are very good matches. Others have been mentioned that I think are really good, but are often disproved.

I have yet to see a face, living or dead, like Orange Socks' and I feel that if I saw it, it'd hit me like a ton of bricks that it's her. The closest is Martha Morrison, and that's one that can be crossed off after this year and the identification of her remains. I surmise that Orange Socks was homeless, a prostitute or a drifter, like most others seem to think. She was probably from a dysfunctional or distant family, and not close to really anybody, thus why nobody ever reported her missing (at least that we know).

This case always interested me greatly, it haunts me. I want to know who she is and give some closure to the mystery.

I've searched doenetwork, and while I'm unsure of any of these, I think they at least have somewhat of a resemblance. Quite a few have probably been mentioned already, but I don't have the patience to check every page.

Karen Lynn Zendrosky (missing since September of '79): I see somewhat of a resemblance in lower facial structure and eyebrows, but she looks "cuter" and younger than OS likely was.
Lucinda Lynn Schaefer (missing since June of '79): This one's kinda stretching it, but I see a very vague resemblance in jaw structure.
Diane Lynn Buckley (missing since April of '79): Also rather vague resemblance, but the nose fits. Also kind of heart breaking because she looks kinda like my girlfriend.
Margret C. Dodd (missing since September of '77): Kind of resembles OS, especially in jaw structure and eyebrows.
Iris Leslie Brown (missing since March of '76): The jaw structure really stands out to me as being similar to OS, but the eyebrows and nose do not.
Denise Newsom Porch (missing since July of '75): similar head structure, but eyebrows look off.

When you get down to it, though, none of them are very good matches. Others have been mentioned that I think are really good, but are often disproved.

I have yet to see a face, living or dead, like Orange Socks' and I feel that if I saw it, it'd hit me like a ton of bricks that it's her. The closest is Martha Morrison, and that's one that can be crossed off after this year and the identification of her remains. I surmise that Orange Socks was homeless, a prostitute or a drifter, like most others seem to think. She was probably from a dysfunctional or distant family, and not close to really anybody, thus why nobody ever reported her missing (at least that we know).

This case always interested me greatly, it haunts me. I want to know who she is and give some closure to the mystery.

I like Margaret Dodd for a match. Diane Buckley kind of resembles her but height is way off. Also Lucinda Schaefer definitely died at the hands of Bittaker and Norris, they recorded her final moments.

This is a really compelling case.

You don't need to check every page. At the top of each page there's a bar with options like First Unread, etc. One of them is "Search Thread." Just type or paste the name you're looking for and it will pull up previous discussions.

Also Lucinda Schaefer definitely died at the hands of Bittaker and Norris, they recorded her final moments.

I see, thanks for that. I didn't notice that when posting. Not sure why they keep her on the doenetwork then if her fate is known. If only because her body isn't found.

I see, thanks for that. I didn't notice that when posting. Not sure why they keep her on the doenetwork then if her fate is known. If only because her body isn't found.

I really don't see the point of keeping her case on Charley and Doe either. Her poor family--Bittaker and Norris are complete monsters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back