Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

Got a response from TX DPS.
Sharon Drover - submittted many times, ongoing info requests to Canada.
Sylvia Ouimet - submitted, ongoing info requests with Canada.
Phyllis Berry - ruled out
Wendy Byron - ruled out.

Doe Network stats are off, her official age est. is 19-29, and her weight was 153-163. Height is correct.

That's all I have, but maybe the updated stats will help us a little.

Did they say what type comparison was used to rule them out?

NMK, I know you have other things going on right now, but if you have a sec, have you heard anything more from the TX DPS on this case?

Thanks!

has anyone looked into this possibility?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2837dfga.html

Carlene was just posted on DoeNetwork in 2009, along of the stats match and I think the color picture resembles Orange Socks quite a bit...

The height, hair and eyes match, but I don't see much resemblance. The coroner's profile photo depicts a woman with a much more freckly complexion. Carlene has a much softer look.

Also, the circumstances of Carlene's disappearance don't fit too well. She just got her drivers license and was apparently kidnapped in Macon Georgia while out driving in the family car. Nothing to indicate that she was a runaway. That doesn't fit with this woman who seems to be somewhat of a drifter being picked up seven years later in Texas or Oklahoma.

I saw earlier in this thread that Lisa Jane Borden was ruled out (refrencing a Porchlight post with the notation "Ruled out Texas DPS").

I wonder on what basis she was excluded. She looks like "Orange Socks" to me (especially the nose, lips, and spacing between the eyebrows). The height, weight, timing and geography are right. The profile indicates that she was known to hitchhike and she was planning to return to Texas.

33UFTX.jpgborden_lisa.jpg

The only inconsistency is the medical hardware in her hand, where the UID has "no previous fractures". I guess that this would be a good enough reason to exclude. I am sure that they would have found the hardware if it was there.

I feel like the football coach throwing the red-flag out on the field to request further review.:waitasec:

By looking at the morgue photos straight on I think there are some resemblances of a Carlene that has fallen on hard times...maybe?

Thick low-set eye brows, full nose, they both have some puffy, baggy, kind of dark areas under their eyes...I have no idea why she would have ended up in Texas 7 years after her disappearance though...

Another thought I had, and this may be kind of a stretch. I thought at one point, and someone else had also mentioned, that her features looked like she may be bi-racial.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1190dfmd.html
this woman is listed on doe-network as a bi-racial or a black female but seems to have a very light complexion. Right time, height, weight, hair color, eyes are listed as brown but could be mistaken for hazel. Could she possibly be a very light complected black female? I think the doe-network pictures and the morgue photos/alternate sketch are similar. But at this point I have looked at missing persons so long I'm finding similarities everywhere.

Here is link to the morgue photos again, you have to scroll down quite aways but they give a better perspective of what orange socks really looks like.
Again, THESE ARE MORGUE PHOTOS. proceed with caution.

http://icaremissingpersonscoldcases.yuku.com/topic/723/t/Unidentified-Fema

I have never seen the frontal picture of OS. Wow. Thanks for the link. I like your theory about her possibly being biracial. There are many light skinned black persons in the South. Heck, she may be black and not biracial at all. I wonder if they are basing her race on her appearance or did they do actual testing to determine her race. That would open a whole new crop of possibilities if she was in deed black.

I think that she looks very masculine. I think the missing person you mentioned looks more feminine than Orange Socks (I hate calling her that). I wish we could find who she is and give her a proper name.

LLambert1.jpg
33UFTX.jpg

lisa monique lambert's age progression...maybe?

Nothing more from TX DPS. Still waiting. I do know that they are at least working on this one, so I don't want to hound them too much. If I don't hear anything soon, I'll call or send another email.

By looking at the morgue photos straight on I think there are some resemblances of a Carlene that has fallen on hard times...maybe?

Thick low-set eye brows, full nose, they both have some puffy, baggy, kind of dark areas under their eyes...I have no idea why she would have ended up in Texas 7 years after her disappearance though...

Another thought I had, and this may be kind of a stretch. I thought at one point, and someone else had also mentioned, that her features looked like she may be bi-racial.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1190dfmd.html
this woman is listed on doe-network as a bi-racial or a black female but seems to have a very light complexion. Right time, height, weight, hair color, eyes are listed as brown but could be mistaken for hazel. Could she possibly be a very light complected black female? I think the doe-network pictures and the morgue photos/alternate sketch are similar. But at this point I have looked at missing persons so long I'm finding similarities everywhere.

Here is link to the morgue photos again, you have to scroll down quite aways but they give a better perspective of what orange socks really looks like.
Again, THESE ARE MORGUE PHOTOS. proceed with caution.

http://icaremissingpersonscoldcases.yuku.com/topic/723/t/Unidentified-Fema

You could be onto something here -- the morgue photos give a much different impression than the picture or description. She looks rather Hispanic to me (and bears a strong resemblance to our paper delivery person...)

She definitely is not purely white. Maybe black, hispanic or biracial. IMO.

Bump - not_my_kids - have you heard anything back from TX DPS on this?

IMO Orange Socks looks a little like Sandra Hopler, whose case didn't have a photo until very recently:

http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com/hoplersandra.html

There's a time gap from 1973 to 1979, brown vs. hazel eyes, a 5" height difference and no indication that Hopler would have ended up not returning to college after her visit to NYC, so I don't have much confidence in this as a match.

I don't think it's very close at all, just on demographics, but it's possible. If Sandra was 18, she could possibly have grown some more, and could have fallen into a drifting life of prostitution. The faces really are quite similar, aren't they, especially through the forehead and eyes, and the prominent chin/jaw. But the mouth isn't full enough, and the nose looks wrong.

Attachments

• 150_Hopler,_Sandra.jpg
    150_Hopler,_Sandra.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 68
  • orange socks33UFTX.jpg
    orange socks33UFTX.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 60
  • orangesckmorgue.jpg
    orangesckmorgue.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 74
IMO Sandra's nose is too narrow to be our girl. Orange Socks has a rather distinctive nose, I think.

I have looked at this poor girl's face a lot, thinking how strange she looked. Then today it dawned on me. It wasn't diagnosed, but I believe this girl suffered from Acromegaly. http://endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/acro/acro.htm

Excerpt: "Gradually, bone changes alter the patient’s facial features: The brow and lower jaw protrude, the nasal bone enlarges, and the teeth space out."

Take a look at the photo of a woman suffering from Acromegaly and the drawing of Williamson Co. Jane Doe/Orange Socks. If you have the more graphic morgue photos the resemblance is striking, but it's all because of the disease. I am not a medical doctor so this is JMO.

Attachments

• acromegaly 1.jpg
    acromegaly 1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 33UFTX.jpg
    33UFTX.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 72

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors