GUILTY TX - Zoe Campos, 18, murdered, Lubbock, 17 Nov 2013 *Arrest*

Carlos Rodriquez sends handwritten letter detailing Zoe Campos’ murder

"In a letter addressed “dear people,” Carlos Rodriquez admits he killed Zoe Campos in 2013.
Rodriguez said, “after five years of fear, guilt and shame I can finally make peace with myself and God. I want the people in my community and on social media to know not just part of the truth, but the whole truth.”

"He walks through how he invited her to his house, his excitement when she arrived. How she followed him to his bedroom, and how one thing led to another and they had sexual relations.

He goes on to tell how he and Zoe smoked cigarillos containing K-2 synthetic marijuana.

Rodriquez said he was losing track of time and spacing out, hallucinating that Zoe was a demon. It was then he choked her from behind and killed her."

Much, much more at link.

I have friends who have smoked synthetic marijuana and have had terrifying hallucinations and even seizures. It really is no joke. Not that it is ANY excuse for killing someone, but this young man clearly had mental issues that were exacerbated by drug use and I do feel some sympathy on that issue.

I have friends who have smoked synthetic marijuana and have had terrifying hallucinations and even seizures. It really is no joke. Not that it is ANY excuse for killing someone, but this young man clearly had mental issues that were exacerbated by drug use and I do feel some sympathy on that issue.
Consider that he would likely have avoided prosecution forever had he not gone on to commit other crimes and to try and impress some other criminal with this killing.

Police were in the house and yard in 2014, and the K9/cadaver dog "hit on" everything but the kitchen sink, and her remains. WAG, the handler's hunches played a bigger role in the searches than the K9's...

He'd said he moved her because the dog kept digging her up. Ugh. That's heinous, and no longer under the spell of Reefer Madness when he moved her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back