GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

@cbs11Robbie
8 minutes ago
#AntonioCochranTrial #Now @RdburnsIII reading more testimony from Dallas PD detective to jury. They’ve been at this some 22 hours now. They look weary. @CBSDFW

@cbs11Robbie
19 minutes ago
#AntonioCochranTrial #BREAKING We are told that the jury has reached a verdict. Stand by!!! @CBSDFW @lpphillips

@cbs11Robbie
3 minutes ago
#AntonioCochranTrial #Breaking Guilty of MURDER. After roughly 23 hours of deliberations @CBSDFW

[emoji294][emoji294] GUILTY!!!! [emoji294][emoji294]

Wasn't sure they were going to get there... That's fantastic news!

My thoughts are with Zoe's family and friends. [emoji170]

Thank you DeDee for your posts!

This verdict watch was a tough one especially since the jurors kept requesting the same testimony be read twice during deliberations.

I am thrilled that Lady Justice arrived. May the accused never be free to harm another person ever again. #SerialRapist :jail:

I can only imagine how Zoe's family is feeling. Surely, it must be a bittersweet time for nothing will bring back their precious Zoe.

BBM The ME did not testify to evidence of rape TMK.] Any idea of why?
There was only one drop of semen. It sounds like he tried but didn't complete. The family was told she fought like a lion and didn't go down easy.

I have known this family since 1960. I am beyond greatful for this verdict

Ms Diane,

Please relay to Zoe's family of our deep sorrow for this happening to their precious daughter and sister. We stood in the Gap for this family since it was announced to the media. I was personally horrified by the tragic event. So, please express our sincere condolences. Zoe may not physically be on Earth to walk among us but we know she is with The King of Kings as an angel performing her missions in Heaven wearing a sparkling crown of gold. :goldcrown:

Excellent news!!!!!! Thanks for all the updates on the case DeDee!

@cbs11Robbie
#AntonioCochranTrial sentencing. #ZoeHastings mother, Cheryl, now on the stand... telling jurors that she and her husband taught their children to not interact with strangers @CBSDFW.

@cbs11Robbie
#AntonioCochranTrial sentencing. #ZoeHastings mother telling jurors that the ongoing heartache of losing her oldest daughter is one “no mother should ever have to bear.” Cont... @CBSDFW

@cbs11Robbie
#AntonioCochranTrial Sentencing #ZoeHastings mother telling jurors of being unable to NOT hang a Christmas stocking for her daughter, and the pain of seeing only hers untouched on Christmas morning. Says her younger siblings, especially, are still suffering. @CBSDFW
‏

@shaunrabbfox4
Inv Gary O’Pry introduced at #AntonioCochranTrial his previous criminal record: possession controlled substance, theft, burglary, unauthorized absence from a community correctional facility

@cbs11Robbie
#AntonioCochranTrial #Now a former high school classmate telling jurors that female students called the defendant “Chester the Molester” because he was always “undressing them with his eyes” and that he “creeped them out” @CBSDFW

@shaunrabbfox4
Judge Robert Burns calls brief recess because Cochran keeps trying to pass him notes. Cochran’s lawyers tell judge:”He wants to assess the court about several matters.”

@shaunrabbfox4
Josh Hampton testifies about 2014 incident near Texarkana home. Saw mustang parked in wooded area. Called 911. Saw Cochran come from woods. “He was pulling his pants up.” Told him we called police...”he left with squealing tires.”

@shaunrabbfox4
Texarkana Detective Kim Weaver testifies about Feb. 2014 arrest of Cochran on drug charges. He told detective he had consensual oral sex and intercourse w/17 y/o who was with him at time of arrest. 17 y/o was daughter of Cochran’s girlfriend at the time

@shaunrabbfox4
Zoe’s Aunt:”I am a blubbering mess, I apologize...we got to know her so well...Zoe was who we picked up when we wanted to do fun things that we wanted to do.”(before her own kids) There was an innocence, a trust that was lost...I see fear in my kids now, and you don’t want that”

@shaunrabbfox4
Tanisha Cochran, Antonio’s Sister.”We were poor. We had problems.” Def Atty:”Any father figure? Not really outside our mama boyfriend...he didn’t really interact with us.” Both Cochran’s have mental challenges, she testifies.”We were both in special education classes.”

@shaunrabbfox4
Tanisha Cochran. Sister of Antonio Cochran to jury: I ask y’all from my heart...I’m just asking y’all to be merciful.” #AntonioCochranTrial

@shaunrabbfox 4

6 uniformed bailiffs 2 plainclothes are in courtroom 4 uniforms will stand near Cochran when punishment decision is made public Jury was out 6 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life + $10,000 fine.
@shaunrabbfox4

JURY ONLY TOOK 6 MINUTES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@cbs11Robbie
#AntonioCochranTrial sentencing. #ZoeHastings mother telling jurors that the ongoing heartache of losing her oldest daughter is one “no mother should ever have to bear.” Cont... @CBSDFW

@cbs11Robbie
#AntonioCochranTrial Sentencing #ZoeHastings mother telling jurors of being unable to NOT hang a Christmas stocking for her daughter, and the pain of seeing only hers untouched on Christmas morning. Says her younger siblings, especially, are still suffering. @CBSDFW
‏

politely snipped by me

Oh, Zoe's precious mother. The family. The friends. They must find a new normal someway, somehow.

@shaunrabbfox4
14 hours ago
Punishment phase begins in #antoniocochrantrial Saturday jurors returned guilty verdict in #zoehastings murder. Not Capital Murder which would have been automatic life w/out parole. Sentencing range: 5-99 years w/possibility of parole

Life sentences in Texas
As of 2015, a life sentence in Texas means that a person is ordered to serve 40 years in prison before he becomes eligible for parole. Prior to the introduction of the 40-year rule, inmates convicted of capital crimes were eligible for parole after 15 or 20 years.

If parole is denied in the initial hearing, then the case is delayed for a period of up to two years, after which the inmate can reapply for parole. The length of the delay depends on the nature of the crime for which the person was convicted, and is automatically set at two years for capital murder cases.

https://www.reference.com/government-politics/long-life-sentence-texas-789607132e3c0fb7

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back