TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to kdg and skibaboo! The map looks fabulous! Great visual tool for travel perspective and areas of interest. Lilibet, I am wondering too about the permit and why they did not use it at the time they requested it. Or, like you said, maybe they did use it.
Can we mark the checkpoint on the US side just for reference?

Also, is there a way to find out the location of the station where they supposedly got the permits, and mark it as well?

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

idk I just thought it was cool, and yeah the mom and sis but also RF, what was he doing whilst they went and got their permits? And was there more than one vehicle, who drove where? Did he drop them off and they walked to get permits and RF waited with the vehicle, did he go do something in those 20 mins? I really don't know but thought it was an interesting tool to play with!

Can we mark the checkpoint on the US side just for reference?

Also, is there a way to find out the location of the station where they supposedly got the permits, and mark it as well?

Those would definitely be good locations to mark. Skibaboo, would you mind adding those two locations to Zuzu's map?

Hi farmgirl, welcome to WS!! Good first post, it's always good to think outside the box.

Off the back of your post I went and looked at urban dictionary. Nothing came up for painting a table but I decided to try just 'paint' and the 2nd from top was a slang term for cocaine. Interesting !!

Huh. I wonder if "painting a table" has any slang connotations in Spanish?

Those would definitely be good locations to mark. Skibaboo, would you mind adding those two locations to Zuzu's map?

Yup, I'll do that tomorrow. It's past 2am here but I'm still up lurking on my phone lol

Thank you all for the warm welcome. The mapping is really informative, I'm not that tech savvy. Anyone think Mexico is a red herring? I just think the paint comment might be a Fruedian slip.
As far as the slang definition of paint I have researched that some more on the online slang dictionary for paint/painted. Let's say surely it was a really bad story because otherwise...
If I'm not allowed to post something feel free to correct me ASAP!

The homeowners last name is Curry who's a licensed plumber in the area. Not seeing anything that links him with Zuzu at this time.
Good. Thank you.

There was a bad house fire in Alpine today. This is reaching, but the house doesn't belong to anyone involved with Zuzu, does it?
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Firefighters-battling-large-house-fire-in-Alpine-406342015.html

Witnesses at the scene reported several 'explosions' come from the fire.

Two cats did not make it. The home will be declared a "total loss!" Sounds suspicious to me, but likely unrelated.

Witnesses at the scene reported several 'explosions' come from the fire.

Two cats did not make it. The home will be declared a "total loss!" Sounds suspicious to me, but likely unrelated.
Very suspicious. How sad for the cats. You know where I was going by asking if it was the home of anyone related to Zuzu.

Very suspicious. How sad for the cats. You know where I was going by asking if it was the home of anyone related to Zuzu.

I think so. Her parents are living in Alpine, correct?

IIRC I believe a recent interview with her parents indicated that they are living in ZuZu's place.

Oh my! I must have missed that part of the interview. I feel so bad for them. Her dad has not returned to work yet?

IIRC I believe a recent interview with her parents indicated that they are living in ZuZu's place.

Oh my! I must have missed that part of the interview. I feel so bad for them. Her dad has not returned to work yet?

I found the link. Breaks my heart. Her dad must not be working. HEB has been very supportive, so I assume they still are.

After relocating to Alpine to continue searching, the couple moved into their daughter’s home. Verk’s father said the home offers them a feeling of closeness to their daughter, but the constant reminder of her presence can be overwhelming at times.
They said that they have no plans to move back home.
“I find it comforting some of the time, but it can also be hard,” Glenn Verk said. “You think the special things — a piece of jewelry or a photograph — will set you off, but it’s even things like her shampoo; things that you know she touched that remind you of how quickly your world can change.”

BBM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...zu-verk/?postshare=2051481054589863&tid=ss_tw

I found the link. Breaks my heart. Her dad must not be working. HEB has been very supportive, so I assume they still are.

After relocating to Alpine to continue searching, the couple moved into their daughter’s home. Verk’s father said the home offers them a feeling of closeness to their daughter, but the constant reminder of her presence can be overwhelming at times.
They said that they have no plans to move back home.
“I find it comforting some of the time, but it can also be hard,” Glenn Verk said. “You think the special things — a piece of jewelry or a photograph — will set you off, but it’s even things like her shampoo; things that you know she touched that remind you of how quickly your world can change.”

BBM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...zu-verk/?postshare=2051481054589863&tid=ss_tw

Thank you Lilibet! Interesting comment at the link too by Achenar... First post under the article.

Lilibet, I would like to say you remind me of the Shakespeare quote "Though she be small she be fierce!" You and Zuzu!!

Thank you Lilibet! Interesting comment at the link too by Achenar... First post under the article.

Lilibet, I would like to say you remind me of the Shakespeare quote "Though she be small she be fierce!" You and Zuzu!!
BBM

Ha! I'm afraid my husband and friends would agree. :D Thank you! I love that quote. It's funny, reading it made me realize that I'm drawn to cases of strong, feisty women who disappear. I can't imagine why! LOL

Do any authors come to here for writters block?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Do any authors come to here for writters block?

Not sure what "writters" block is? May I respectfully ask what draws you here to Zuzu's thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, it actually very simple to find ZuZu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads