TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
About that table that CE claims to have painted with RF in the early morning hours, I wonder if that is what he told LE. As some have pointed out, that is just weird! One of the strangest "alibis" I have heard. HIs smile seemed fake and he could not keep eye contact with the camera as he spoke. That drives me crazy.

And was it just me, or did the mother and sister look taken aback when the reporter asked about their trip into Ojinaga? 18 minutes spent getting those permits. Very specific amount of time. I bet they have the CCTV of that transaction.

Also thinking about the computer forensics on the laptop RF gave to a friend for safekeeping. Sure hope they were able to get something from that computer too.

About that table that CE claims to have painted with RF in the early morning hours, I wonder if that is what he told LE. As some have pointed out, that is just weird! One of the strangest "alibis" I have heard. HIs smile seemed fake and he could not keep eye contact with the camera as he spoke. That drives me crazy.

And was it just me, or did the mother and sister look taken aback when the reporter asked about their trip into Ojinaga? 18 minutes spent getting those permits. Very specific amount of time. I bet they have the CCTV of that transaction.

Also thinking about the computer forensics on the laptop RF gave to a friend for safekeeping. Sure hope they were able to get something from that computer too.

It's extremely weird for an alibi. I mean I am actually painting a table right now. I found it at a yard sale and it's ugly fake wood but has a great retro shape and will look fabulous when I am done. I like to work on these projects late at night. I have even asked some of my crafty friends for their opinions on how to best paint it. All that said, I wouldn't be calling ANY of my friends at 3:15 AM and asking if they wanted to help. And supposedly this was after Zuzu left RF's house? RF later claims he didn't think anything of not seeing Zuzu for few days because he thought she wanted her space. I don't know if he ever admitted to arguing with her but it looks like he did from all the other pieces we have (neighbor interviews, etc)...So you have an argument with your girlfriend, she leaves and you snapchat your friend to see if he will help you paint a table? Very weird timing. Does not add up. :moo:

I also thought it was interesting the way the sister repeated "18 minutes?" I don't know what it means that she repeated it and looked surprised though. What other things take 18 minutes? What could RF have been doing for that 18 minutes when he dropped them off? Or is it that they said their trip took much longer and the thing at the border only took 18 minutes so there is a large chunk of time unaccounted for someplace? If LE knows getting the permits took only 18 minutes and they know how long they were gone, they can work out how much time there was for other things on that trip. Going to the border may be an alibi that falls apart because of how little time it took. I hope so anyway...

The whole table painting alibi would be flat out hilarious if not for the circumstances at hand. I would have a "WTH???" moment if ANY of my friends called at 3am, and especially about painting a table. These gentlemen work and/or go to school. I wouldn't think it would be normal to be awake at 3am, table painting or not.

Also, nothing has really been said about the neighbor's girlfriend. We know some of what the neighbor heard, and saw. But what about his girlfriend? I'm wondering if she has any light to shed on the arguing, and pacing, and the loud thump. There's been no mention of her being interviewed, or giving testimony to the Grand Jury. We can all see the exact same thing, but everyone have a different view of it. I'm curious on what hers is.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

No it wasn't just you. They briefly looked quite surprised that the reporter mentioned 18 minutes. I'm trying to figure out where he got that information, or was he just faking to get a reaction out of them. I don't remember hearing that before. Maybe he got a tip from someone in the know.

Part 2: [video=youtube;1NTmasGR0Wk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NTmasGR0Wk[/video]

What I find interesting about this whole 18 minutes thing is that in the above video the Sheriff confirms that he believes Robert drove his mom and Sister to the Mexican Border but he declines to confirm the "18-20 minutes" time frame when the reporter asks as a follow up question. Is this 18 minutes a number that CWD made up or is it from rumors? Is it on some leaked document somewhere and the Sheriff wanted it held back? I can't tell if it is really important or just a fabricated number by CWD. They sure have piqued my interest though with the two reactions to 18 minutes. Sheriff didn't want to say and the women looked surprised. :thinking:

It's so not weird to call your friend at 3:15 in the morning to ask them if they want to paint a table! Are you kidding me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know!
I think its kinda weird him talking about painting a table in the middle of the night but then that brought to mind how Zuzu's friend said Zuzu wanted to climb a mountain and paint over some graffiti someone had painted some derogatory stuff on a desk at the top of the mountain/trail.
I wonder if it's related?

I know!
I think its kinda weird him talking about painting a table in the middle of the night but then that brought to mind how Zuzu's friend said Zuzu wanted to climb a mountain and paint over some graffiti someone had painted some derogatory stuff on a desk at the top of the mountain/trail.

I thought of that desk too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know!
I don't recall reading or hearing about the graffiti...can you remember where it was? It is completely possible the kids decided to head out in the middle of the night on a mission to paint that desk and things went awry on accident. Hopefully that area was thoroughly checked though. Is CE's mention of the table a hint of some sort? I can remember adventuring out late. It was the day before an exam, though, which seems odd. I'm just shooting blanks.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I know!

Can you point me to the article or story where this was mentioned? I'm curious about this, and want to research this in more detail. Doing a google search hasn't resulted in any hits so far.

I know!

Oh, wow I forgot all about that. If RF and CE painted something on the desk I hope it wasn't covered over by Zuzu's friends who wanted to climb the mountain and paint the desk to remember her. Could it be that CE elaborated about painting the table in the CWD special but they cut the details? What if RF DID ask CE to meet him up there as an alibi and then disposed of Zuzu on the way there or never showed and had CE pick him up later instead? Do we know where the desk is located?

I don't recall reading or hearing about the graffiti...can you remember where it was? It is completely possible the kids decided to head out in the middle of the night on a mission to paint that desk and things went awry on accident. Hopefully that area was thoroughly checked though. Is CE's mention of the table a hint of some sort? I can remember adventuring out late. It was the day before an exam, though, which seems odd. I'm just shooting blanks.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Can you point me to the article or story where this was mentioned? I'm curious about this, and want to research this in more detail. Doing a google search hasn't resulted in any hits so far.

Here's the info about the desk:
Her friends ask that the next time you’re in Alpine, climb the mountain behind Sul Ross in her honor.

Not only is hiking Zuzu’s favorite thing to do, but you’ll find a special surprise at the very top.

“She (Zuzu) woke me up early, and was like, ‘hey, we’re going to go hike this mountain and we’re going to go paint on this desk, because somebody wrote some stupid stuff on it and we’re going to fix it,” Zuzu’s friend Andrea shared with us.

That’s what Zuzu did; she made the world a better place one small act at a time.
And they showed the desk in the video special: http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/SpECIAL-REPORT-Gone-but-not-forgotten----402900286.html

Oh, wow I forgot all about that. If RF and CE painted something on the desk I hope it wasn't covered over by Zuzu's friends who wanted to climb the mountain and paint the desk to remember her. Could it be that CE elaborated about painting the table in the CWD special but they cut the details? What if RF DID ask CE to meet him up there as an alibi and then disposed of Zuzu on the way there or never showed and had CE pick him up later instead? Do we know where the desk is located?

Answering my own question of where the desk is located. Apparently it has been up there since 1981 and has become a student tradition to go there:
Hancock Hill: Hancock Hill is a 4,849 mountain peak behind Sul Ross State University and is a great place to hike and provides amazing views of the town. When you reach the abandoned school desk (which was hauled up to the top of the hill in 1981 by three Sul Ross students), you’ve reached the end of the 20 minute hike up the hill. Make sure to sign the notebook which is kept in the desk.
http://www.alpinetexas.com/visit-alpine/things-to-do/

I believe I have found it on google maps https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@30.3707081,-103.6446312,119m/data=!3m1!1e3

I searched google images for 'sul ross the desk' this helped to locate direction the desk is facing and what you see from the view

attachment.php
attachment.php

Sure looks like it Skibs. Is it marked on your amazing map yet? :loveyou:

Maybe they painted a table to hide evidence of a crime? Blood doesn't come out of unfinished wood at all and you can only fit so many things in a truck bed to get rid of them. :facepalm:

I wonder which genius decided on that alibi?

What I find interesting about this whole 18 minutes thing is that in the above video the Sheriff confirms that he believes Robert drove his mom and Sister to the Mexican Border but he declines to confirm the "18-20 minutes" time frame when the reporter asks as a follow up question. Is this 18 minutes a number that CWD made up or is it from rumors? Is it on some leaked document somewhere and the Sheriff wanted it held back? I can't tell if it is really important or just a fabricated number by CWD. They sure have piqued my interest though with the two reactions to 18 minutes. Sheriff didn't want to say and the women looked surprised. :thinking:
If I recall correctly, I have read the 18 minutes in the media soon after Zuzu disappeared. That's a pretty exact time. I think most of us would refer to this as "about 20 minutes", etc. The "18 minutes" is very exact.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member