UK - 22 dead in explosion at Ariana Grande gig, Manchester, 22 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, my son is understandably in bits about this, as are we all. So many questions, they seem to have targeted children as Take That a hugely popular band played there a few nights before and went without incident

The arndale has been evacuated, a man has been arrested, a controlled explosion has taken place in fallowfield (3/4 miles away) and 3 people named so far.

So what is this --his home and they found more??

in connection with their ongoing terrorism investigation.

A terror cell?

"All the people are living here are families.

"It is not good news. We have students from Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Libya and then families from Manchester. They are two-bed flats. They are from every race."

I am confused anyone?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3627263/armed-cops-fallowfield-controlled-explosions/

nintchdbpict000326121738.jpg

BOMB squads have swooped on a home in Fallowfield with locals reporting an explosion ripped through the Manchester suburb in the wake of last night’s terror attack.
Cops were pictured swarming on Elsmore Road to carry out a controlled detonation, with police having this morning confirmed a 23-year-old man was arrested nearby in connection to the Monday night attack.

The raid was one of two carried out, with another carried out in Whalley Range, by investigating cops in relation to the horror that unfolded in Manchester last night.
A witness, who works for TMX, told The Sun Online: "There were quite a lot of police there, I would say between 20 and 30.
"They cordoned off the avenue and told everyone to stay in the house."

[FONT=&amp]explosions plural

I am confused -- anyone? Notions

[/FONT]
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3627263/armed-cops-fallowfield-controlled-explosions/[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

So am I right in saying that UK authorities are declining to name bomber ATM but CBS has named him? Wouldn't want to be alerting any accomplices unwittingly here.

So what is this --his home and they found more??

in connection with their ongoing terrorism investigation.

A terror cell?

"All the people are living here are families.

"It is not good news. We have students from Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Libya and then families from Manchester. They are two-bed flats. They are from every race."

I am confused anyone?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3627263/armed-cops-fallowfield-controlled-explosions/

nintchdbpict000326121738.jpg

BOMB squads have swooped on a home in Fallowfield with locals reporting an explosion ripped through the Manchester suburb in the wake of last night’s terror attack.
Cops were pictured swarming on Elsmore Road to carry out a controlled detonation, with police having this morning confirmed a 23-year-old man was arrested nearby in connection to the Monday night attack.

The raid was one of two carried out, with another carried out in Whalley Range, by investigating cops in relation to the horror that unfolded in Manchester last night.
A witness, who works for TMX, told The Sun Online: "There were quite a lot of police there, I would say between 20 and 30.
"They cordoned off the avenue and told everyone to stay in the house."

[FONT=&amp]explosions plural

I am confused -- anyone? Notions

[/FONT]
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3627263/armed-cops-fallowfield-controlled-explosions/[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

They were controlled. It's not unusual to do this before entering because the perp (s) could have rigged premises to explode and kill LE. Precautionary IMO.

[FONT=&amp]Armed police stormed houses in Fallowfield and Whalley Range in the wake of the Manchester Arena bombing .[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]A team of officers entered a house on Elsmore Road, off Wilbraham Road, Fallowfield , at around 11.30am today (Tuesday).[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Onlookers said bomb disposal experts were seen on the street before what appeared to be a controlled explosion took place to allow police - including anti-terrorism officers - to enter a house.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]One witness said: “We heard a loud bang and then saw officers going into a house.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“There was about 20 armed officers in all black with machine guns. There were another 20 uniformed officers.
“The road was cordoned off, but there was no evacuation of the street.”

Witnesses spoke of the moment a man was detained by plain clothes police officers in Chorlton . It is not yet known whether this was linked to the attack - although police have confirmed a man was arrested in south Manchester.
There was a black Mercedes van pulled up on the side of the road with six to eight police officers,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“Then as I crossed the road I saw a guy in handcuffs, sat on the floor against the wall

.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]120 other people were injured in the blast at an Ariana Grande concert on May 22 2017.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/heavily-armed-anti-terror-police-13079587

Sky news

They apparently think the man or men had been in the area for several hours prior. They are asking motorists who were in the area whose cars have cameras to send video into them

It sounds as if they think there were more than one down in that area

Leaning terror cell using cover of a "family"[/FONT]

According to police, the blast occurred “within the foyer area of the stadium.” Manchester Arena said the blast took place “outside the venue in a public space.”

graphic

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3628320/manchester-arena-suicide-bomber-attacker-mum-saw-terror-attack-terrorist-latest/
Does this sound like the arena/promoters are looking to deny it was their area of responsibility by this comment? With the report from the homeless guy that he wrapped a wounded child in a t-shirt from the merch stand, that doesn't make sense to me. MOO.

Area raided is described as a

student suburb

Presser soon

Teams of biohazard folks there (always

creeps me out )

Sky

Hope this is safe to post now.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/36266...de-bomber-ariana-grande-concert-salman-abedi/
[h=2]Who was Manchester terror attack suicide bomber Salman Abedi?[/h] British Salman Abedi was born in December 1994 in Manchester. He is believed to be of Libyan origin and has at least three siblings.
The identity of the 22-year-old was revealed after teams of armed cops swooped on his address in Fallowfield, Manchester.
Eyewitnesses told how bomb disposal officers were spotted entering the house before a controlled explosion took place.
MI5 spooks and anti-terror cops are now racing against the clock to uncover Abedi’s links to any possible terror cell.
He was carrying an improvised explosive device which he detonated while in the foyer area moments after the popstar’s concert ended.
Former top anti-terror cops have said the terror attack was “well planned” and “sophisticated”.

Lee Dodderidge, who used to be a member of the National Counter Terrorism Office (NCTO), told Radio 5 Live: “Alarm bells for me are ringing at the moment because this would have appeared to have taken quite a considerable amount of planning.

Attachments

• nintchdbpict000326167733.jpg
    nintchdbpict000326167733.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 275
As we learn more and they are now saying this was sophisticated seems like they had other plans??

Does this sound like the arena/promoters are looking to deny it was their area of responsibility by this comment? With the report from the homeless guy that he wrapped a wounded child in a t-shirt from the merch stand, that doesn't make sense to me. MOO.
Yes, around 2:15 a.m. in England, Guardian posted this:

Manchester Arena said the incident took place “outside the venue in a public space”.

It was the first indication of damage control by the Arena.

I hope that the authorities find every single person who has had any association with this terrorist, whether personally or on any social media. Then check out all of their social media and associates.

It is time to get aggressive over this. Time to aggressively pursue this and save future lives.

I hope that the authorities find every single person who has had any association with this terrorist, whether personally or on any social media. Then check out all of their social media and associates.

It is time to get aggressive over this. Time to aggressively pursue this and save future lives.

I agree.

I also hate it when the media etc describe it as "sophisticated" and "well planned." It is what it is, but I just hate to give them credit.

Thank you everyone for your support and love, it's greatly appreciated.

I have never posted before because I didn't feel could add anything, today I can, it's happening everywhere all over the world unfortunately and you just never think or hope you will be affected. That's changed but they will never break us,

RBBM

Agree, 110%. My heart is very much with Everyone affected by this.

Ariana Grande suspends tour following Manchester terror attack

<snip> " Grande's management put out a lengthier statement, saying "words can not express our sorrow for the victims and families harmed in this senseless attack."

The Manchester concert was to be the first of three concerts in the UK.

Her next concert was set to take place on May 25 at the O2 Arena in London.

Other dates included shows in Belgium, Poland, Germany and Switzerland. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member