UK - 22 dead in explosion at Ariana Grande gig, Manchester, 22 May 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we really saying missing after this much time...............means................

Amazing unity will come from all of this. Bittersweet.

Manchester has suffered from terrorism before, at the hands of the IRA who terrorised Britain in the 70's & 80's. Fortunately, the IRA used to give an hours warning of an attack, and in 1996 they blew up the biggest bomb since WW2 in the city centre obliterating a third of the retail space. Had there not been a warning there would have been upwards of 75,000 people in the vicinity. As it was, GMP did a great job and safely evacuated them all - some casualties but no deaths. I shudder to think....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Manchester_bombing

But this, this is so much worse, this time the target was little girls. Sick.

I have a feeling they were very close to the suicide bomber. I would think that he intentionally placed himself in a crowd/group of people.

"The critically-injured mother of Manchester terror attack victim Saffie Rose Roussos has no idea her eight-year-old daughter is dead, a devastated friend has revealed.

The primary school pupil was the youngest fatality of the atrocity named so far. In the mayhem of the attack her mother Lisa Roussos and older sister Ashlee Bromwich got separated from the young girl.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hester-terror-attack-named.html#ixzz4hvvPHnXW

Absolutely tragic.

"Take That's concert in Manchester at the weekend will not go ahead in the wake of the Manchester bombing, it's been confirmed.

The Manchester Arena, which was the scene of last night's atrocity, tweeted to say the gig has been postponed.

"Due to the tragic events in Manchester last night and the ongoing police investigation, the scheduled Take That concerts for Thursday 25, Friday 26, Saturday 27 May at Manchester Arena have been postponed," the short statement read.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/take-postpone-string-manchester-concerts-10484491

OT

Take that!

story: it was like a grammy awards show years ago

flipping channels heard announcer say something and the crowd went crazy

I decided I would make sure I would come back to see who was coming after commericials

they came out of commerical

never heard of them

they blew my mind

I started checking them out I was blown away how big they were all over the world -- they sold more than the Beatles

more than Abba

bought all there stuff

love em love em

This is directed at the media, not anyone here, but IMO, Honestly, I'm getting irritated about the aspect of whether or not her concert will continue. Obviously the show and life will have to go on at somepoint, but right now everything is a total clusterfudge and I think everyone needs time as this plays out, victims are found, identified, treated, info is gathered, the artists/public gets some rest and processing time, etc etc..obviously the next show will need updated security measures which in itself will need time and planning. Hope this is coming out OK but I think the least of concerns right now should be when her next concert is. Jmo moo.

very well put

Those innocent sweet children. It's scary to think of all these people out there who value human life so little that killing people is of no more consequence than blowing your nose on a tissue and throwing it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohh i never thought this till I heard it on MSNBC

She is American ...............part of the plan ??

Are we really saying missing after this much time...............means................
Missing at this stage likely means they've not been identified as dead yet because they have been torn to pieces.

I would like to know how many, if any, living unidentified people are in hospital.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

It appears there are 4 children of Samia Tabbal and Abu Ismael: (But this is unconfirmed, as several sources say that Salman is the second youngest)

Ismael, age 23
Hashem, age 20
Salman Ramadan Abedi, age 22
Jomana Abedi, age 18 (female)
Just trying to make sense of these reports. Salman is second youngest and supposedly the two youngest went back to Libya. So how could he be the bomber if he went back to Libya with the parents? The two elder brothers stayed in UK. Something fishy here. Basically they need to trace all three brothers IMO as well as make sure who travelled back to Libya.

Missing at this stage likely means they've not been identified as dead yet because they have been torn to pieces.

I would like to know how many, if any, living unidentified people are in hospital.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

They changed the number of fatalities from 19 last night to 22 today. I am expecting it to rise more.

This from an hour ago.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/36253...sing-appeals-suicide-bomb-attack-latest-news/

Chloe Rutherford, 17, and Liam Curry, 19

Olivia Campbell, 15

Martyn Hett, 29

Courtney Boyle, 19 and Philip Tron, 32

Laura Macintyre, 15 and Eilidh MacLeod, 14

Nell Jones, 14

Wendy Fawell, 50

Kelly Brewster, 32

Alison Howe, 44 and Lisa Rees, 43

Angelika and Marcin Klis

Kaia Kopusar, 15

Laura has been found, severely injured in hospital - I presume unconscious or with a head injury given how long its taken to locate her. Her friend, Eilidh is still missing :(
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40011126

They changed the number of fatalities from 19 last night to 22 today. I am expecting it to rise more.

Yes, I expect so. Some will be waiting for family to be able to get there to say their goodbyes. Horrific.

I'm afraid that many of those deemed "missing" are probably deceased. Perhaps unidentified (or unidentifiable) in a morgue. Hospitalized and unable to communicate with medical staff. Terrible tragedy. :stormingmad:

Levity Break

We could all use a feel good

The female voice is amazing!

Let it go all the way the final 2 minutes will bring some joy!

Trivia! Any old timers know who the short, in all white, blonde is?

[video=youtube;SvJIOYMNNhQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvJIOYMNNhQ[/video]

Just a cautionary word about The Mirror, The Sun, and The Daily Mail:
while considered MSM, they're all tabloids, akin to the New York Daily News. They tend to publish first, ask questions later.

I'd cross-check what they report with a more established UK news source, such as the BBC or the Guardian.

I read a very interesting article about The Psychology of Terrorism in Scientific American last year:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/special-report-the-psychology-of-terrorism/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member