GUILTY UK - 22 dead in explosion at Ariana Grande gig, Manchester, 22 May 2017 #2

COSTA RICAN POLICE ARREST COLOMBIAN MAN 22 'PLANING A TERROR ATTACK ON ADRIANA GRANDE CONCERT'

DailyMail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-planning-attack-Ariana-Grande-concert.html

Police have arrested a man on suspicion of planning a terror attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Costa Rica.

Detectives launched a manhunt on Saturday after threatening messages were posted in Arabic on a webpage of the concert organisers.

The suspect, with the last names Caicedo Lopez, a 22-year-old from Colombia, was held in a 6am raid on his flat in Tibas, near the capital San Jose, yesterday.

BBM

COSTA RICAN POLICE ARREST COLOMBIAN MAN 22 'PLANING A TERROR ATTACK ON ADRIANA GRANDE CONCERT'

DailyMail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-planning-attack-Ariana-Grande-concert.html

Police have arrested a man on suspicion of planning a terror attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Costa Rica.

Detectives launched a manhunt on Saturday after threatening messages were posted in Arabic on a webpage of the concert organisers.

The suspect, with the last names Caicedo Lopez, a 22-year-old from Colombia, was held in a 6am raid on his flat in Tibas, near the capital San Jose, yesterday.

BBM

Thank goodness this never happened and he was arrested. Shocking!

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2017/07/25/22740494.html
[h=2]Manchester bomber Salman Abedi's body still in 'Monster Morgue' alongside murderer Ian Brady[/h]

Jul 25, 2017 Local Muslim leaders reportedly have refused to provide Abedi a religious burial after he slaughtered 22 innocent revelers outside the show.

“The pair of them are effectively in limbo. Funeral directors don’t want them,” a source told the U.K.’s Daily Star. “No crematorium wants to process them.
“It may give some tiny crumb of comfort to relatives and friends of those whose lives they destroyed to know they are in anonymous purgatory.”

I was going to suggest feeding them to some pigs, but I really wouldn't wish that on the pigs.

"Manchester Arena reopens tonight for the first time in four months for a special benefit concert in aid of the 22 people killed in a terrorist attack.

Noel Gallagher will headline the We Are Manchester show, alongside acts like the Courteeners and poet Tony Walsh.

Extra security measures are in place with restrictions on the size of bags that can be brought inside the venue."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Arena-reopens-time-bombing.html#ixzz4sCpCw4OW

“British actor-turned YPG fighter played an Ariana Grande song in Raqqa's main square as a tribute to the victims of the Manchester terror attack.

Michael Enright, 52, played the pop star's hit Bang Bang from his mobile phone in Raqqa, the one-time 'capital' of ISIS's self-proclaimed caliphate.

It comes just days after Raqqa was liberated from Islamic State militants following four months of fighting.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Ariana-Grande-song-Raqqa.html#ixzz4wLKZ1HSY

“British Police on Wednesday formally requested the extradition of the brother of Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi – setting the stage for a tussle with the Libyan authorities.

Police were granted an arrest warrant for 20-year-old Hashem Abedi on 22 counts of murder over the terror attack, which also left over 500 people injured or traumatised.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd agreed to request his extradition from Libya.
Hashem is also suspected of the attempted murder of those left injured as well as conspiracy to cause an explosion.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...anchester-bomber-s-brother.html#ixzz4xDiR3Ur2

"I'll help these people but, first, I'll help myself!" - i hope he rots.

A national one-minute silence will be held on the anniversary of the Manchester Arena atrocity to remember the 22 people who lost their lives.

The Duke of Cambridge and Prime Minister Theresa May will be among those attending a service of remembrance at Manchester Cathedral, along with families of the victims of the suicide bombing, the injured, the first responders to the scene, civic leaders and other national figures.

The May 22 invitation-only service, held between 2pm and 3pm, will incorporate the national silence at 2.30pm, which will be marked at UK government buildings.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/...ark_anniversary_of_Manchester_Arena_atrocity/

Hard to believe it’s been nearly a year already.

This terrible tragedy happened a year ago today. Sending my love and prayers to the victims families. May the 22 Men, Women and Children who died Rest In Peace.

"Manchester Arena reopens tonight for the first time in four months for a special benefit concert in aid of the 22 people killed in a terrorist attack.

Noel Gallagher will headline the We Are Manchester show, alongside acts like the Courteeners and poet Tony Walsh.

Extra security measures are in place with restrictions on the size of bags that can be brought inside the venue."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Arena-reopens-time-bombing.html#ixzz4sCpCw4OW

people used to go to concerts with their body and ears ! We also went to school without packing a suitcase!!

noone lugged around a telephone

and the myth is everyone's life is simpler now with technology

what on earth do people need a suitcase for 90 minutes !!

people used to go to concerts with their body and ears ! We also went to school without packing a suitcase!!

noone lugged around a telephone

and the myth is everyone's life is simpler now with technology

what on earth do people need a suitcase for 90 minutes !!

I disagree that people are taking more stuff to concerts. 40 years ago I went to concerts where half the people were carrying large coolers filled with beer, picnic baskets, females were carrying handbags, many of them larger than the 35 cm x 40 cm limit in that article, and some people had backpacks with who knows what in them. I have never seen anyone take a suitcase to a concert, then or now.

Manchester bomber was rescued by the Royal Navy from Libyan warzone and evacuated back to Britain | Daily Mail Online

The Manchester suicide bomber was rescued by the Navy from war-torn Libya three years before his pop concert atrocity, the Mail reveals today.

HMS Enterprise plucked Salman Abedi, then 19, from the Libyan coast and took him to Malta for a flight home to Britain in August 2014.

Last May he set off a bomb in Manchester Arena that killed 22, including seven children.

Abedi’s younger brother, Hashem, who is in jail in Tripoli facing trial over the attack, was also rescued by HMS Enterprise.

The pair had been caught up in fighting in Libya and were among more than 100 British citizens taken to safety.

A Whitehall source said: ‘For this man to have committed such an atrocity on UK soil after we rescued him from Libya was an act of utter betrayal.’

The revelation will enrage families who lost loved ones in Abedi’s despicable attack. It is also likely to raise fresh fears over possible intelligence failures.

BBM

Lengthy must-read, see link.

Manchester bomber was rescued by the Royal Navy from Libyan warzone and evacuated back to Britain | Daily Mail Online

The Manchester suicide bomber was rescued by the Navy from war-torn Libya three years before his pop concert atrocity, the Mail reveals today.

HMS Enterprise plucked Salman Abedi, then 19, from the Libyan coast and took him to Malta for a flight home to Britain in August 2014.

Last May he set off a bomb in Manchester Arena that killed 22, including seven children.

Abedi’s younger brother, Hashem, who is in jail in Tripoli facing trial over the attack, was also rescued by HMS Enterprise.

The pair had been caught up in fighting in Libya and were among more than 100 British citizens taken to safety.

A Whitehall source said: ‘For this man to have committed such an atrocity on UK soil after we rescued him from Libya was an act of utter betrayal.’

The revelation will enrage families who lost loved ones in Abedi’s despicable attack. It is also likely to raise fresh fears over possible intelligence failures.

BBM

Lengthy must-read, see link.

Ugh! I can't say what I want to say here but, as someone whose family has largely come from different countries to settle in different places, this angers me more than I thought possible. For me, the Ariana attack was more shocking than other events. A lot of these were young kids and the awful thing is, that is why her show was targeted.

I think the UK needs to be a lot more careful about who they allow into the country. Or back in, should I say.

The younger brother of the Manchester Arena bomber has been denied bail as he awaits trial on charges of mass murder.

Hashem Abedi, 22, appeared at Oxford crown court via video link from HMP Belmarsh in south-east London on Monday.

Abedi faces 22 counts of murder, one count of attempted murder encompassing all the other victims, and one count of conspiring with his brother to cause explosions.

He is accused of making both successful and unsuccessful attempts to buy bomb-making chemicals. It is also alleged that Abedi assisted in buying a Nissan Micra to store device components, and made detonator tubes for use in the explosive.

He was arrested in Tripoliin 2017 but only extradited to the UK on Wednesday.

The judge ordered him to be remanded in custody ahead of a preliminary court hearing to be held either at the Old Bailey in London or in Oxford on 30 July.

Brother of Manchester Arena bomber denied bail as he awaits trial

Others may or may not be the same but I cannot handle these terrorist acts or mass shootings etc and the loss of life they cause. The point I want to make though is to me these crimes are in a way very similar to the cold case crimes on this board because they reflect a world that is imperfect, contains great evil and is unfair very often. If I try to get away from acts like this buy trying to solve a crime puzzle I reflect on the fact people have also lost their lives in these cases. Here is an update in this very sad case:

Manchester Arena bomber’s brother in court accused of 22 murders

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back