UK - 39 bodies found in lorry container, Essex, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any indication as to what Mo was doing for the days in between arriving at Holyhead and collecting the trailer at Purfleet?

Has there been any indication as to what Mo was doing for the days in between arriving at Holyhead and collecting the trailer at Purfleet?

We seam to know very little facts about mo and how he got to Essex, we know plenty about the trailer that he picked up!! to my nolage it's not been reported, some rumors saying that he was running solo, (no trailer) others say different!!! Cairnryan or holyhead!! the police will know his exact movements by now,!!!

I know that Mo born and living in NI makes him British. I used my example of a French overseas company that does use truck drivers living in the U.K. like many others as it is far from unusual in the haulage industry.
Who and what his alliances are I’m sure will be more significant if applicable to the case he has to answer to as time goes on.

He lives in the UK, not the Republic of Ireland, that was the point.

And still no action on the arrest warent for the houghs brothers!! in my opinion some one has been paid off to keep things quite, nothing here to see let's move on!!!! imo

MR Instagram account, 10 Feb 2018. 3 lorries lined up: a white Scania Cab with R Hughes across the top, the white PCT cab that features in many of Mo’s Fb and Insta pics, and the blue Scania cab with the white design which matches the one that
EH drive to Zeebrugge. Looks as if it says R Hughes above the window. Caption: 3 men , a lot if drink’

The way things are looking i would not be surprised if the two drivers under arest have to cary the can, 15 years min, mean while business as usual at Hughes transport!!
Really was hoping that they could have got to the big guys behind the people smuggling, just can't see that happening now, to much time has passed

Last edited:
There is still the unnamed person they arrested at Stansted.

Nothing more will be published about MR’s movements or involvement until the trial because it is sub judice.

I dare say they are working behind the scenes but I wonder about the effectiveness of collaboration between the 4 police forces: Essex, Belgian, PSNI, Garda and associated agencies. And people being silenced.

Who is the link with the Vietnamese end of the smuggling? The ones who coordinate from within Europe? The people who died did not come as a group, some had lived in France for a while, one had recently bee turned back after a first attempt. Some co ordinator is using the haulage companies and drivers as transport. MR and EH may have no idea who else is involved or how it happens, beyond the Hughes brothers.

So RH was actually there. I wonder if he was due to (and did) drive one of the other reputed convoy of 3 trucks? And why he wasn’t arrested on his return to Dublin? Or, while he was still in UK soil. The police must have been able to know what network / location the call came from.

And again he is a ‘fugitive’ in N Ireland, while last week the CAB had him lounging unconcerned in Monaghan.

I meant to say though, that The Sun have a far lower threshold for fact checking, and this comes from a ‘source’ not from the police etc.

Still possible that the authorities are managing the PR as a smokescreen.

So RH was actually there. I wonder if he was due to (and did) drive one of the other reputed convoy of 3 trucks? And why he wasn’t arrested on his return to Dublin? Or, while he was still in UK soil. The police must have been able to know what network / location the call came from.

And again he is a ‘fugitive’ in N Ireland, while last week the CAB had him lounging unconcerned in Monaghan.

Seems to hinge around the European Arrest Warrant... EAW

There appears to be some sort of delay in obtaining one for the Hughes brothers.

EH was arrested in Dublin on other charges, and is being held as he is contesting his extradition to the UK.

This all goes to show how the very boundaries which make people trafficking viable as a business, also seem to impede the investigation of the crime.

There is still the unnamed person they arrested at Stansted.

Nothing more will be published about MR’s movements or involvement until the trial because it is sub judice.

I dare say they are working behind the scenes but I wonder about the effectiveness of collaboration between the 4 police forces: Essex, Belgian, PSNI, Garda and associated agencies. And people being silenced.

Who is the link with the Vietnamese end of the smuggling? The ones who coordinate from within Europe? The people who died did not come as a group, some had lived in France for a while, one had recently bee turned back after a first attempt. Some co ordinator is using the haulage companies and drivers as transport. MR and EH may have no idea who else is involved or how it happens, beyond the Hughes brothers.

Perhaps this business, rather than being one huge conspiracy, co-ordinated by some "mr big", is more like the normal travel agency business ..

If you wanted to visit some out of the way place or a world tour .. you have a choice .. of providers, prices, packages .. multi-hop.. breaking journey to visit sights, relatives... or to work to rebuild finances..

If you do not have to paperwork to do this legally... I suspect similar options may be available.

“Seems to hinge around the European Arrest Warrant... EAW”

Yes, if he is in the Republic. But as far as I understand it he is N Irish, a UK citizen so could presumably have been arrested while he was in England or on exiting for Dublin.

But they probably hadn’t traced the phone and the CCTV then.

But the slowness of the warrant, and the ‘now you see him, now you don’t ‘ reports of his whereabouts suggest shenanigans somewhere.

“Seems to hinge around the European Arrest Warrant... EAW”

Yes, if he is in the Republic. But as far as I understand it he is N Irish, a UK citizen so could presumably have been arrested while he was in England or on exiting for Dublin.

I am not an expert, but I think that he is free to travel throughout Europe if there is no EAW in place.

Is he a UK citizen? Seems he is well known both sides of the border, and possibly has dual nationality. (UK from being from Armagh, and Irish from Irish roots.

Press reports of him being visited at home suggest this is in Ireland - not UK.

Last edited:
I am not an expert, but I think that he is free to travel throughout Europe if there is no EAW in place.

Is he a UK citizen? Seems he is well known both sides of the border, and possibly has dual nationality. (UK from being from Armagh, and Irish from Irish roots.

Press reports of him being visited at home suggest this is in Ireland - not UK.
A EAW is a warrant between member states.
European e-Justice Portal - European Arrest Warrant
The Essex Police cannot go into Ireland and arrest a person there, the Garda have to arrest him (if there is a EAW in place) and send him to Essex for questioning. If he is in NI I assume the PSNI can arrest him, if they can find him, because NI is in the UK, where he is wanted for questioning.

But it seems EH’ lawyer is managing to delay EH’s removal to the UK, and one way and another Hughes is not being arrested anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288